• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRÜTAL LEGEND official thread of umlauts and schaferian awesomeness

Kifimbo

Almak said:
Good to know. What's the maximum amount of players per level? can I do a 2vs2/3vs3 against AI or anything in that order?

Online the maximum is 4 on 4.

Local multiplayer, it's only 2 vs 2 (split-screen). Anyway, it would be really hard to play with three of four players of the same screen. Maybe you can play 4 on 4 with you, your friends and 2 teammates controlled by the AI, but I didn't try it.

4 vs 4 is also supported via System Link Play.

Kifimbo said:
Online the maximum is 4 on 4.

Local multiplayer, it's only 2 vs 2 (split-screen). Anyway, it would be really hard to play with three of four players of the same screen. Maybe you can play 4 on 4 with you, your friends and 2 teammates controlled by the AI, but I didn't try it.

4 vs 4 is also supported via System Link Play.
There's splitscreen? YAY!
edit: Oh, so probably not. Well, doesn't matter that much anyway but it's always cool. ;)

Almak

Skipping the singleplayer footage in that gamespot video was one of the most difficult things I had to do today. But I just cant spoil any more of the game for myself.
Those environments are so beautiful!

MMaRsu

Banned
Almak said:
Skipping the singleplayer footage in that gamespot video was one of the most difficult things I had to do today. But I just cant spoil any more of the game for myself.
Those environments are so beautiful!

Lol same here. Saw a couple of small things but not much!

Has anyone noticed the Brutal Legend demo is the 2nd top rated demo (behind Bioshock, which has never lost that position) on the 360 marketplace? It may not mean that much but it's interesting to see it beating Batman, Crackdown, Dirt 2, etc. considering all the usual GAF comments. I'm not sure how they calculate the actual rankings but it does have 13000+ ratings at 4.5 stars.

MMaRsu

Banned
cr_blah_blah said:
Has anyone noticed the Brutal Legend demo is the 2nd top rated demo (behind Bioshock, which has never lost that position) on the 360 marketplace? It may not mean that much but it's interesting to see it beating Batman, Crackdown, Dirt 2, etc. considering all the usual GAF comments. I'm not sure how they calculate the actual rankings but it does have 13000+ ratings at 4.5 stars.

What country are you in? I think it's regional.. I need to rate it 5 stars as well :p.

eXistor

Graf Nudu said:
So, today I played the 360 demo and can't decide wether I should get the full version for 360 or PS3.

Anyone?
I doubt it makes a difference. Supposedly the sound issues the PS3 demo had have been resolved for the full game.

Mifune

Mehmber
GillianSeed79 said:
Yeah, I mentioned it being the second highest rated demo on live in another thread. It's pretty amazing.

I'm pretty sure a forum mod said the demo was terrible, so you must be mistaken.

Alivor

This game is seriously awesome. The writing makes it even better. The art is even better. The music is seriously amazing, and seals the deal. I need this game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Amir0x said:
Apologize to the collective intelligence of GAF for trying to use that as proof the demo is good.

10ol1zm.gif

ShogunX

Jesus christ this game is ridiculous. Pretty much kept a media black out up until now but everything from the combat to the music and even the menu screen is amazing.

Also loving the humour so far - Tim Schafer really does kick so much ass and hats off to Double Fine for an awesome game.

If this game bombs there really is no justice in the world.

Yoshi256

Banned
whatevermort said:
What?

Like, THIS SACRIFICE?

Because if so this has gone from a game I was really quite interested in to something that I might be willing to murder for.

Sacrifice was so complicated, I never understood as a teen.
And now the graphics look horrible, a remake for XBLA would be cool.
So forget that stupid streaming box, Dave and deliver.:D

Haunted

Graf Nudu said:
So, today I played the 360 demo and can't decide wether I should get the full version for 360 or PS3.

Anyone?
I chose the 360 version.

I noticed some fps dips and a bit of tearing in the PS3 version that weren't [as noticeable] in the 360 one. They're minor though, so if there are other factors in favour of the PS3 for you (controller preference/more friends or somesuch), they should probably override the ones I mentioned.

As others said, the sound problems with the PS3 demo have supposedly been fixed in the retail version.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ugh I'm sick of waiting :p. After watching some more multiplayer footage, it actually looks really awesome. I always liked RTS games but this is like a whole different approach to it. It looks pretty brilliant actually :D. And 4 vs 4? I'd rather play 2 vs 2 but the possibility is cool :D.

Wow the multiplayer looks really cool. I'm not usually into resource management on a scale like that, but the characters, and the ability to fly around the battlefield looks fun as hell. I hope a lot of people play it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Net_Wrecker said:
Wow the multiplayer looks really cool. I'm not usually into resource management on a scale like that, but the characters, and the ability to fly around the battlefield looks fun as hell. I hope a lot of people play it.
I doubt many will, but I can see myself playing it pretty often with some folks from around here.

SOLDIER

Any word on the differences between the 360 and PS3 version?

I'm mainly shooting for the 360 version, but just to be sure.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
based off of the demo, the PS3 has a slightly less stable frame-rate.

the 360 version is looking to be the slightly better version, so if you have the choice, buy that one.

Phloxy

The game is really good so far, I have to say it's one of the best concept to game translations I've seen in so long. You can really get a feel from the music, to the voicework, the sidequest and rts system, that this was a concept that nobody, for better or worse tinkered with. It's so refreshing. The huge worlds, the vistas, the games awesome day to night an weather system, it all works so well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Phloxy said:
The game is really good so far, I have to say it's one of the best concept to game translations I've seen in so long. You can really get a feel from the music, to the voicework, the sidequest and rts system, that this was a concept that nobody, for better or worse tinkered with. It's so refreshing. The huge worlds, the vistas, the games awesome day to night an weather system, it all works so well.
that's why I liked the demo so much, it gave me that "refreshing" feeling of, like you said, "oh, this game is clearly a labour of love".

originality/clarity of vision means a whole lot to me, that's why I enjoy games like, for instance, Madworld, or old-school point and click adventure games.

Cant0na

Banned
Shurs said:
I don't know if this has been posted in the thread, but Gamestop is running a "trade in two eligible PS3 or 360 games and get Brutal Legend for $19.99" deal.

Here's a link to the list of eligible games.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuk

i have 2 games in that list.....but i also have gamefly coupons that i was planning to use. gamefly would cost 40, gamestop would cost me 20 + 2 games

anyone know whats the trade value for Red faction and Halo wars ? (its 4am so i cant call right now)

Shurs said:
I don't know if this has been posted in the thread, but Gamestop is running a "trade in two eligible PS3 or 360 games and get Brutal Legend for $19.99" deal.

Here's a link to the list of eligible games.
On a few of those games I'm sure you could get more than $20 in store credit...or, at least I hope you would. I mean, c'mon...Batman: Arkham Asylum and Beatles: Rock Band have to be worth more than that considering most of us bought them 6-8 weeks ago.

For some older titles and sports games, you could reap a profit on this deal...like Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and the Call of Duty's (Modern Warfare and World at War.)

As for me, I have my copy preordered through Amazon because I really don't need a Tenacious D guitar. Until it arrives on Tuesday I will have to play the waiting game...
Aww, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Phloxy

Yeah, my gf has been watching me play through it, and like, all I could think of is man I dont think I remember a game so polished and so well produced that you can just tell nobody fucked with.

It's hard but not cheap, the story and the characters really shine, the combat and the unlock system is really well tied to the games side mission system. There is races, hunting missions, defend missions, etc and all of it earns tribute, which goes into unlocking upgrades for the duece, or your axe, or guitar, or armor. an the little details, like anything you buy an unlock show up in all the cutscenes for example.

The gameplay itself is a nice mix. It's one part zelda, one part pikmin, and it gives me a lot of the viking battle for asgard vibe without the endless repetition. Mostly in terms that as your army grows you can see them roaming the countryside and getting into their own skirmishes which you can totally let them handle on their own. Great stuff all-around.

Dartastic

Nelo Ice said:
:lol
i just ordered it from EA cuz i got it for $30(thank u cash card deal)

WTF.

RPGCrazied said:
lol, dude on justintv said he beat it in 6hours?

either he hella rushed, or tim exaggerated alittle bit ;/
Stampy said:
It was rushed. With all the sidequests done and normal exploration it would probably take 20-25hours + multiplayer which seems prettey elaborate, so the game will deliver duration wise.

It's not possible to beat the game in 6 hours, FYI. Even if you just rush straight through the game. NOT POSSIBLE.

Phloxy said:
Having seen some of the videos of people playing the whole game (after the demo...only watched a few minutes though) I really don't see this game getting mediocre reviews. It looks so damn polished just from watching.

Dartastic

DieNgamers said:
Having seen some of the videos of people playing the whole game (after the demo...only watched a few minutes though) I really don't see this game getting mediocre reviews. It looks so damn polished just from watching.

...It doesn't suck. :D

MMaRsu

Banned
So I should have the game tomorrow, it seems stores are going to sell it tomorrow if they have it.

FUCKING SWEET MAN. Gonna puff some herb and get crazy in a world of metal! WOOHOO.

brutal_legend-339453.jpg

New page too haha.. nice

Top Bottom