• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRÜTAL LEGEND official thread of umlauts and schaferian awesomeness

jrricky said:
Woah there, :lol . Tis just a game...
No, not them personally. I mean the whole like... genre or whatever.
And not just because it's related to BL.

Most of those videos consist primarily of gossipy, malicious garbage.
With all the chat of evolution, we're just as nasty if not moreso than ever in social relationships.

Decency and civility have taken a back seat to shock value route into the limelight. Gross.

MMaRsu

Banned
momolicious said:
How come people have to post spoilers in official threads, impressions contain spoilers!

True but some people like to go into a game fresh, yet still want to check out the official thread :). I see nothing wrong with that?

Tigel

I just played the demo. I MUST BUY THIS FUCKIN GAME! So awesome. It looks good, it's funny, the music rocks and it plays well. I don't get the complains about the gameplay. It felt fine to me. It's not Ninja Gaiden deep, but it was never meant to be either.

Arg and Uncharted 2 comes out the same day... What to do, what to do...

MMaRsu

Banned
Tigel said:
I just played the demo. I MUST BUY THIS FUCKIN GAME! So awesome. It looks good, it's funny, the music rocks and it plays well. I don't get the complains about the gameplay. It felt fine to me. It's not Ninja Gaiden deep, but it was never meant to be either.

Arg and Uncharted 2 comes out the same day... What to do, what to do...

Well depending on where you live, Toys R Us has a buy 2 get one free action thing going on so... :D

Tigel

MMaRsu said:
Well depending on where you live, Toys R Us has a buy 2 get one free action thing going on so... :D
What really? I don't think we have that in Canada since I don't see it mentioned on their website :(

Oh well. I don't have any other choice but to pick up both of them, now do I? :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Tigel said:
What really? I don't think we have that in Canada since I don't see it mentioned on their website :(

Oh well. I don't have any other choice but to pick up both of them, now do I? :D

You sure don't buddy :p. Take the day off and enjoy two great games..

Cant0na

Banned
:lol the Justin.tv chat is amazing

Missions? so this is a copy of GTA
my cousin works at EA he got me this and MW2, MW2 is much better
How many of you are MLG pros, Like me
modern warfare ripped off call of duty, like rock band ripped off guitar hero, this game is better
MW2 has 50 cent and this got a has been like ozzy? lame
Sum41 and Linkin park shouldve been in this game. Without them they cant call this "METAL"
MODERN WARFARE IS GOING TO BE WORSE.. ITS like.. LOL MODERN WARFARE WITH POLItICS IN IT.. AND RELIGION

Sooooo tempted to watch the stream, but the game is so close, and I've watched like two 20 minute developer gameplay vids. I've spoiled enough. Saving the rest for teusday.

Darklord

Banned
Cant0na said:
:lol the Justin.tv chat is amazing

"Sum41 and Linkin park shouldve been in this game. Without them they cant call this "METAL"

1537asg.gif

Binabik15

Almak said:
I died a little inside. :(

Oh noez! They forgot Nu "Metal" and stuff! Ha, what idiots, how can this be about heavy metal withou-CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEE-AAAAL, I mean withou-ALL THESE THINGS I HATE REVOLVE AROUND MEEEEEEE, MEEEEE.

Fuck.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you do realise those people aren't real, guys. they're just people reveling in anonymity. :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Rez said:
you do realise those people aren't real, guys. they're just people reveling in anonymity. :lol

Who knows man.. I'm in some comment war with a moron on youtube :

I REALLY HATE EA they stole also contents from VALVe in youtube
example: "Contains from: electronic arts france"
and it doesnt make from EA its from VALVe
and EA is sick making people sad and making people (who always troll) happy like you also to those who thumb down my ocmments means retarded f****ts.

Yes it is stfu stop trolling here ur a dick custard dude also mythic/EA Make Warhammer and they said that "1982 had graphics and WoW copied warhammer graphics!" no they did not have graphics in 1982 its just a tabletop game not a computer game and EA just lied EA did NOT publish before saying this comments if you defend EA means you troll around video games in youtube so people will only play EA Games
Dumb Fuck

:lol :lol :lol :lol retards. And this is all in a comment section from the Brutal Legend TV Commercial..

Binabik15

Well, Blizzard DID contact Games Workshop to get a license for Warhammer Fantasy Battle to use in Warcraft. GW declined their offer.

I think their crying can still be heard to this day.

Brütal Legend is cool, btw, I heard there´s a gmae coming with its graficks?

Almak

procrastinator said:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/youtube.png
I absolutely love the collapsible elements on YouTube. Being able to just close the comment tab and never having to read it is heaven!

procrastinator

Neo Member
Almak said:
I absolutely love the collapsible elements on YouTube. Being able to just close the comment tab and never having to read it is heaven!

The comments are fantastic entertainment if you dont take them seriously.

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:
Who knows man.. I'm in some comment war with a moron on youtube :

:lol :lol :lol :lol retards. And this is all in a comment section from the Brutal Legend TV Commercial..

lol dick custard

RPGCrazied said:
lol, dude on justintv said he beat it in 6hours?

either he hella rushed, or tim exaggerated alittle bit ;/

Good thing there's multiplayer, eh? Ehhhhh?

Stampy

RPGCrazied said:

It was rushed. With all the sidequests done and normal exploration it would probably take 20-25hours + multiplayer which seems prettey elaborate, so the game will deliver duration wise.

big_z

RPGCrazied said:

not good mang. if the six hour thing holds true i'll have to pass on the game until it's cheaper... stupid canadian pricing.

MMaRsu

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

If he beat it in six hours he rushed it, no doubt.

He must have done no exploration, no side-quests etc..

Almak

I'm pleasantly surprised to see just how much like Sacrifice Brutal Legends MP really is. Which really brings me to my next question, can you play it offline? Against the AI? I have no internet connection for my 360 at the moment but I'd really like to give it a go if I could.

MMaRsu

Banned
Almak said:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see just how much like Sacrifice Brutal Legends MP really is. Which really brings me to my next question, can you play it offline? Against the AI? I have no internet connection for my 360 at the moment but I'd really like to give it a go if I could.

I think so..

Almak

MMaRsu said:
I think so..
Red the description of that guy on the video and it seems to be a yes which is good. Was going to edit my post but you already quoted it ya bastard. Heh, well serves me right, should have researched first.
Also yeah, there is a good chance that guy's downloaded his copy. :( I was watching his Saw videos where he openly admits to pirating the game.

quick edit: Also, I'm really not seeing where all the critiques about the combat not being fun are coming from. To me it looks pretty damn good so far. Granted however I haven't played the demo so I'm just speculating but still.

MMaRsu

Banned
Almak said:
Red the description of that guy on the video and it seems to be a yes which is good. Was going to edit my post but you already quoted it ya bastard. Heh, well serves me right, should have researched first.
Also yeah, there is a good chance that guy's downloaded his copy. :( I was watching his Saw videos where he openly admits to pirating the game.

What a douchebag.. I haven't heard about MS banning modded Xbox 360's in a while either.. sucks!

Anyway I'm so hyped :(.

Kifimbo

Almak said:

Yes you can. There are three difficulty levels for the AI.

Almak said:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see just how much like Sacrifice Brutal Legends MP really is.

What?

Like, THIS SACRIFICE?

Sacrifice_by_Interplay_-_formation.jpg

Because if so this has gone from a game I was really quite interested in to something that I might be willing to murder for.

Almak

Kifimbo said:
Yes you can. There are three difficulty levels for the AI.
Good to know. What's the maximum amount of players per level? can I do a 2vs2/3vs3 against AI or anything in that order?

whatevermort said:
What?

Like, THIS SACRIFICE?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Sacrifice_by_Interplay_-_formation.jpg

Because if so this has gone from a game I was really quite interested in to something that I might be willing to murder for.
Yup. If you watch some of the multiplayer trailers, its quite noticeable too. Obviously within the games sensibilities but the basics are near identical.

Cowie

What's interesting about youtube comments is that they're so unbelievably stupid that we're completely desensitized to the possibility of them being fake. It's impossible to craft a comment so stupid that people will realize you have to be kidding; and I've tried pretty hard.

Top Bottom