• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

brand new Uncharted 4 trailer at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens

c8tB4cX.png

CGI?

Well, aren't all game trailers... computer generated?

AdanVC

Oh my. Hope they upload the trailer online throught the weekend! Hope it's not just a boring interactive dialogue cutscene like the one they shown at PSX

Why is everyone booing CG? Do you really want to see 1080p game graphics blown up on an IMAX screen?
No, but in-engine cutscenes rendered at super high resolution would be awesome and super impressive, especially if people in the audience thought it was CG and were then told that they were in-game graphics.

BahamutPT

It was about 30 seconds long. We DIDN'T have the behind the scenes stuff :( It was dubbed in Portuguese too, that kinda put me off.

I think we didn't get BTS stuff because we got some commentary on the Warcraft movie after the trailer.

Meh at CG. Went from FUCK YEAH to fuck that.

That's odd. Uncharted trailers are usually pretty awesome so I don't mind if they decide to go with CG (as long as it's Blur/Square/Robot-quality CG).

I would also guess it means the trailer is not made up of sections from the actual game, so no spoilers? Kind of like Starry Night or other Halo trailers.

zsynqx

It was about 30 seconds long. We DIDN'T have the behind the scenes stuff :( It was dubbed in Portuguese too, that kinda put me off.

I think we didn't get BTS stuff because we got some commentary on the Warcraft movie after the trailer.

Did you not see it in the USA? Might not have been the same trailer.

The tweet says at select US theatres.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, but in-engine cutscenes rendered at super high resolution would be awesome and super impressive, especially if people in the audience thought it was CG and were then told that they were in-game graphics.

I don't think most people and who this is marketed to, knows the difference on average.

"Trailer for this cool looking game, cool."

HeelPower

Uncharted 4 & Battlefront CG trailers are inexcusable. Actually doing the game a disservice.

You're advertising this to the general public.

You need to look as good and eye catching as possible,especially on the big screen where its shown amongst other movie trailer.

CG is needed for that.Its all about the spectacle.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Well, aren't all game trailers... computer generated?
CGI in this case means pre-rendered. They're going to be showing other CGI trailers for movies so UC4 would look bad by comparison without a CGI trailer.The TV advertisements, which are quick and to the point will most definitely be comprised of mostly in-game footage. Not to mention the real trailers. Last I checked games don't usually have realtime trailers played in theaters.

Hopefully Cinermark plays it! Santana Row. 10:20pm (second listing)... :D

Probably CG because oh... IT'S ON IMAX THEATERS and 4K THEATERS... :p

Wasn't gonna watch The Force Awakens...now I have to buy some tickets! brb...

who am I kidding? already bought way before this

NastyBook

Holy crap...didn't even think about this opportunity. lol
I did. Years ago. It makes complete sense considering the damn series is like playing a fucking action movie. Took them 4 tries (while owning a movie studio, no less) to figure this out. LOL better late than never, I suppose. Great way to get the word out.
Which is the point of advertising to them.

you didn't think that post through did you?
LOL!

Ricky_R

That's odd. Uncharted trailers are usually pretty awesome so I don't mind if they decide to go with CG (as long as it's Blur/Square/Robot-quality CG).

I would also guess it means the trailer is not made up of sections from the actual game, so no spoilers? Kind of like Starry Night or other Halo trailers.

It's not that I dislike CG trailers per se, but I was expecting something from the actual game is all.

They haven't made a CG trailer since Uncharted 1, afaik.

That would be cool at E3 or PSX, your average movie goer probably wouldn't be impressed... or even understand the difference between CG and "in-game graphics."

Also, seeing the cutscenes in super high resolution in promotions and then in normal resolution in the actual game might be kind of a let down. People would be crying "downgrade!" Not that that would be new for Uncharted...

ShutterMunster

Why is everyone booing CG? Do you really want to see 1080p game graphics blown up on an IMAX screen?

Uh no one had any problems watching AVATAR on IMAX screens...🙄

I hope this isn't really some CGI sizzle reel BS made just for this trailer. Lame as fuck if so.

You're advertising this to the general public.

You need to look as good and eye catching as possible,especially on the big screen where its shown amongst other movie trailer.

CG is needed for that.Its all about the spectacle.

You think Uncharted games/trailers lack spectacle? Have you played one of these games? LOL

I think Microsoft is the only one to pull that off (and only with Halo). Every other viral/ARG-type marketing campaign I've seen for video games has been subpar, in my opinion of course.

The Last of Us. Started with a single picture, moved on to animal kingdom documentary clips. It was a pretty big deal before we knew the type of game/name of the game, let alone before it was even announced as a Naughty Dog game.

Game4life

Banned
This better not be an in game trailer. I am on a media blackout and seeing TFA this weekend. I cannot be expected to get out of the theater and come back in after 3 minutes just for this. Damn you ND you have shown enough I am sold lol.

Top Bottom