• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

brand new Uncharted 4 trailer at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The Last of Us. Started with a single picture, moved on to animal kingdom documentary clips. It was a pretty big deal before we knew the type of game/name of the game, let alone before it was even announced as a Naughty Dog game.

Ohhhhhh yes, I remember that one. Subtler than the Halo ones, but still good.
Well it is coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Not like your skin.

Uncharted 4 best selling game in 2016 confirmed.

Up against Call of Duty, Battlefield 5, Destiny 2 and Fifa 17? I'm sure it will do well and possibly even break 10 million lifetime. Heck I could see it being the best selling PS4 game next year with some luck but with those big multiplatform games around, I highly doubt it.

Best wishes.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This CGI is used for a trailer not in-game but thanks for finding this video. I have been looking for this since forever.

Don't mention it lol

"I think it's for you!"

That's when I knew I was gonna buy that game.

arne

Did Sony specify which theaters are gonna show the trailer?
Also, is it gonna be exclusive to a particular theater chain (AMC, Regal) or is it gonna be more like only a handful of theaters in large markets; for example the AMC theater at Lincoln Square NYC will show it , buy no other AMC theaters in NYC will?

Not exclusive to a theater chain etc. I only have a list of theaters in California and it looks pretty random.

Also, since some people here have already seen it, should be obvious, but this is a CG rendered trailer / video.

No mention of the BTS teaser? :)

wapplew

MS should buy the slot right after uncharted trailer for RoTR, show the game and say exclusively on Xbox one, available now.

Anyway, strange to see uncharted get CGI trailer.

Drac84

I have a feeling Uncharted is going to be massive. About time Sony got behind a 1st party game with a big mainstream advertising budget.

Is there a chance Uncharted 4 outsells Halo 5?

Not exclusive to a theater chain etc. I only have a list of theaters in California and it looks pretty random.

Also, since some people here have already seen it, should be obvious, but this is a CG rendered trailer / video.

No mention of the BTS teaser? :)

Will it go online this weekend?

You lucky bastards who get to see both! I hope Naughty Dog throws the rest of us a bone eventually.

...I'm so distraught I'm left with only cheap puns.

gamerMan

That image looks insane. I hope that its from the game. Given the very first trailer they released looked similar in quality it just might be. I doubt they are going to show a CGI trailer. If anything it will be an inengine trailer. I don't know if I am more excited for this or the new Star Wars.

Man, Sony is killing it with marketing but if any game deserves this push it's Uncharted 4. It's the reason I bought the PS4.

viHuGi

Banned
I have a feeling Uncharted is going to be massive. About time Sony got behind a 1st party game with a big mainstream advertising budget.

Most likely will outsell Halo 5 LT in one week WW.

Javin98

Banned

If Uncharted 4 doesn't outsell Halo 5 worldwide, something is very wrong. In fact, given the decline of Halo 5 compared to previous entries, Uncharted 4 even has a good chance of outselling Halo 5 in the US.

Drac84

If Uncharted 4 doesn't outsell Halo 5 worldwide, something is very wrong. In fact, given the decline of Halo 5 compared to previous entries, Uncharted 4 even has a good chance of outselling Halo 5 in the US.

Chance? It would be astonishing if it didnt.

Most likely will outsell Halo 5 LT in one week WW.

It'd be surprising if it didn't.

Wow. That's a pretty significant passing of the torch.

Wow. That's a pretty significant passing of the torch.

Just look at what's been going on. U4 is releasing on the biggest console of this gen. ND's name as a developer is pretty much as big as you can get after TLoU. ND games have also been prominently featured in PS4 bundles since the start of the year. Starting with TLoU and now with Uncharted. The Uncharted Collection bundle sold nearly a million units in the US alone in November. You can bet all of that is to build up to Uncharted 4.

BahamutPT

wow! that's pretty good marketing!

has any other devs done this?

I went to a horror movie festival a few months back and they were showing an Until Dawn trailer before some movies.
They also had a "lounge" with a couple of PS4s running the demo.

This was after the game was already out btw, but I still think it was effective and a cool thematic link.

Alo0oy

Banned

Unless something goes horribly wrong, it should outsell within launch day alone.

really odd for them to go with CG

what better way to advertise your game then with actual game-play.... this isn't some graphically low game but U4 that as far as we saw have crazy moments and amazing graphics

to go CG is a odd choice

really odd for them to go with CG

what better way to advertise your game then with actual game-play.... this isn't some graphically low game but U4 that as far as we saw have crazy moments and amazing graphics

to go CG is a odd choice

They aren't advertising to gamers who want to see the actual game. They are advertising to the unwashed masses that want pretty spectacle. CG is more effective with the mainstream.

I remember they had this one from TLOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpdSVF_k_w
playing in theaters during the Man of Steel showing (I believe both came out on the same day)
I swear to god people thought it was a movie until they saw the PS3 logo at the end, because lot of people started saying things like "This is a game?"

I'd never seen that before. There's a lot of late game stuff there. Although I guess it really wouldn't be a spoiler since you wouldn't know the context.

Keihart

They aren't advertising to gamers who want to see the actual game. They are advertising to the unwashed masses that want pretty spectacle. CG is more effective with the mainstream.

I can understand that argument, but in the case of Uncharted 4, wich looks almost like CG on cutscenes and gameplay, it would have been a lot better a monatage that makes you question if what you are looking at is CG or not.

Is this trailer anywhere online yet?

Just look at what's been going on. U4 is releasing on the biggest console of this gen. ND's name as a developer is pretty much as big as you can get after TLoU. ND games have also been prominently featured in PS4 bundles since the start of the year. Starting with TLoU and now with Uncharted. The Uncharted Collection bundle sold nearly a million units in the US alone in November. You can bet all of that is to build up to Uncharted 4.

do you have a source for that?? i tought it had a weak start, but that would be great numbers

Top Bottom