• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: All PS1 Games (discs included) Now Playable on PSP Via Remote Play

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
polyh3dron said:
Ken, you were ahead of your time.

Still waiting on that 4D stuff though :D

fixed

this is ken kutragi's vision not kaz

i know most of you guys just hate Ken ( just because ) but you should give give credits to the man who deserve it .

ant1532 said:
So how is the lag on this gaf? I might update my PSP...

There's a setting on the PSP's remote play that let's you turn up the response speed. With it set to 2 the lag was non existant at home but I haven't tried it away yet. This is so awesome, if I can boost my signal to reach my bedroom I'm not going to have to worry about birth control anymore:lol

ant1532

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
There's a setting on the PSP's remote play that let's you turn up the response speed. With it set to 2 the lag was non existant at home but I haven't tried it away yet. This is so awesome, if I can boost my signal to reach my bedroom I'm not going to have to worry about birth control anymore:lol
Hold on... this works with any wifi connection besides your home network?

SCReuter

mmlpsp1-2.png

mmlpsp2-2.png

ant1532 said:

Yes, it sure does. There's a lot of new settings in the new PSP firmware too like being able to increase and decrease the visual quality to lower lag. It's going to take me a while to play around with all this stuff. Perfect timing with my Christmas vacation next week:D

ant1532 said:
I would think setting it to something that tries to update faster then your connection will result in worse playability, you might have to adjust settings when not in a LAN area at home or something.

mosaic

go eat paint
Grr, Street Fighter Collection 2 is too laggy to be playable, regardless of the settings. Have to input moves a half-second or more early. Looks sharp tho.

Gantz

Banned
So wait, i have to have my PS3 on in order to play PSOne games on my PSP? If so, lame... most worthless assinine feature ever. Rather than play your old PSone games on your PS3 on a big screen, let's play them in your bedroom down the hall while your PS3 is on the living room. Let's make gamers lazier so they can forget about the poor PS3 library altogether.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Gantz said:
So wait, i have to have my PS3 on in order to play PSOne games on my PSP? If so, lame... most worthless assinine feature ever. Rather than play your old PSone games on your PS3 on a big screen, let's play them in your bedroom down the hall while your PS3 is on the living room. Let's make gamers lazier so they can forget about the poor PS3 library altogether.
Oh wow. You edit your previous post to make it even more pathetic than before. Congrats.

i can see where all the skepticism is coming from....since CFW psps have been able to play PS1 games running from the memory stick since last year. but this is still a nice feature for psp gamers still on official firmware

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Gantz said:

LOL wtf

please tell me this is a joke post

acabado

Banned
One of the coolest features ever. It's something that everybody will be impressed. Like you tell to someone that you are playing a game that's actually no there but some kilometers and all wireless.

Cruzader

Banned
Gantz said:

:lol your post is full of FAIL!

Madman

Gantz said:
You're a gaming critic? Why am I not shocked...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Gantz said:

FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! YOU HAVE TO TURN THINGS ON TO USE THEM!!??!?! FUCK SONY! FUCK THEIR STUPID ELECTRON BULLSHIT!

Gantz

Banned
acabado said:
One of the coolest features ever. It's something that everybody will be impressed. Like you tell to someone that you are playing a game that's actually no there but some kilometers and all wireless.

How are you going to play it on the bus or on the subway?

skrew

Banned
Gantz said:
wake on lan

welcome to 2007

Gantz said:
How are you going to play it on the bus or on the subway?

how the fuck is it sony's problem that you don't have internet on bus or subway? maybe you chould ask your city to have citywide wifi

Baryn

Banned
skrew said:
how the fuck is it sony's problem that you don't have internet on bus or subway? maybe you chould ask your city to have citywide wifi
Well it is pretty useless in that respect. This will be used at home, maybe on lunch breaks if your office/school/lunch place has WiFi, and otherwise it will go totally unused.

Good thing you can still play your PSX games off of Memory Stick, I think that's what Gantz doesn't know.

This feature is cool, but really only useful for people who don't have a large MS, and who have frequent access to WiFi.

Chris R

I'd drop CFW in a second if I could somehow use the PS3 I have to rip my PS1 games to some form of an ISO or whatever for the PSP like I do now with my CFW :lol That really is the next logical step (but omg how can sony prevent people from ripping an entire library and then sending the discs off to other people!!11111111111 ).

Baryn said:
Well it is pretty useless in that respect. This will be used at home, maybe on lunch breaks if your office/school/lunch place has WiFi, and otherwise it will go totally unused.

There are plenty of places in the city with free Wifi. So it's a pretty damn awesome feature.

If anything this just makes me hope for the eventual PSP2 with dual analogue so Remote Play can be further used to access your entire Playstation library on the go. PS/PS2/PS3 = <3 <3 <3 :D

NolbertoS

Yeah..that's my only regret about this thing..it's great to play the PS1 games on the PSP, but if you wanna carry it around chances are you're SOL. I hope Sony does release more PS1 games in it's PSN library, so we could d/l and than burn onto a memory stick.

rhfb said:
I'd drop CFW in a second if I could somehow use the PS3 I have to rip my PS1 games to some form of an ISO or whatever for the PSP like I do now with my CFW :lol That really is the next logical step (but omg how can sony prevent people from ripping an entire library and then sending the discs off to other people!!11111111111 ).

Does anyone know if there's a unique identification number of some form in PlayStation game code that Sony could use to link up games that you rip to a single PS3/PSP combo?

rothbart

AndriaSang said:
Does anyone know if there's a unique identification number of some form in PlayStation game code that Sony could use to link up games that you rip to a single PS3/PSP combo?

No, there's nothing unique on the game discs, they're pressed, not burned. Meaning you'd need a unique gold master for each individual copy...

There is no "technological" reason they couldn't do it, but there's also no way to stop widespread piracy/sharing-of-originals and frankly, whenever it strikes their fancy, they actually try to sell us Playstation Classics via the PS Store.

I just don't see them exerting a great effort to help piracy... I mean they just tossed us a bone with DivX support, let's not bite the hand here... :lol

lunlunqq

Gantz said:

WTF is this shit? If you don't know shit of what you are talking about, please GTFO.

Gantz said:

Massive Fail. Hell, if you had even bothered to read this very thread before posting, you might have picked up an ounce of knowledge on the subject at hand, and wouldn't have come off this badly.

This guy is a game critic? Not surprised. I haven't heard of one yet that gets what Remote Play is, it's awesomeness, and it's vast potential. They are all too busy racing to call it a gimmick (see above buffoonery as well as 1Up's Garnett Lee) to realize that people aren't listening to them anymore, because they are finally trying it, and it's damn cool.

Remote Play = Killer App.

AndriaSang said:
No, but there is an alternate way they could do the PS1 remote play thing:
Instead of getting the PS3 to play the game and send the video over the wireless, why not send the disc data over wireless and let the PSP play it directly. I'm thinking more like a network file system, not sending the whole iso over in one hit. Disc access is usually accepted to be slower and a lot less time critical than the screen data, removing lag problems. It's always possible that this would result in less data needing to be beamed over the internet tubes. And it gets around the piracy problem because you either have to have the disc in the drive (which the PS3 can authenticate) or the download on the machine at the time. Simple :)

Guys, help me!

I'm trying to connect my PSP to my PS3, but when I select the Remote Play option and my PSP is trying to connect to the internet via my PS3 it gives a DSN error. What's this and how can I solve it?

FabCam

I got FF9 working, and now I'm playing Spyro 3 but FF8 won't work. Anyone else had any problems with certain games?

Gantz said:

Gantz: "Oh my God! The fucking best functionality ever on a handheld console! I must complain or i'll die!"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
oneHeero said:
I dont own a psp but let me get this straight;

I can put FF7 in my Ps3 and play it from my PSP in my bedroom? While my gf watches Tila Tequila on the same TV as the Ps3 runs in the background?
amirite?

PSP +1 in sales if so.

Looks like Sony just sold another PSP.

Top Bottom