• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: House GOP plan to sue Obama Administration over Executive Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it even mean to sue the president? What court would enforce this ruling? Whose pocket would the money come out of? Whose pocket would the money go into? Why is it I even have to ask these questions?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What does it even mean to sue the president? What court would enforce this ruling? Whose pocket would the money come out of? Whose pocket would the money go into? Why is it I even have to ask these questions?

They sue him as a person.

It goes right to the Supreme Court, I believe

GOP has to claim they have taken damages as a result of something illegal. The money just goes to lawyers.

Because the GOP wants to hamstring anymore progress he is making and make things even worse than it already is

friday

I have only been paying attention to the government since about 2003, so I ask those of you who have been at it a lot longer, has our government always been this backwards or did things really change that much after the 2008 elections?

massoluk

Banned
The president has a clear record of ignoring the American people’s elected representatives and exceeding his constitutional authority

Did they know that Obama was elected by the people to the office?

Wasn't there an article earlier this week how the house has enough votes for impeachment. If the republicans take the senate next autumn, it's going to be so entertaining for us political junkies outside of USA.

popcorn_yes.gif

Is this for real? That would be an almost insane scenario. Borderline suspension of democracy.

Have the laid out and specifics? Like, examples of his Executive Orders being over reaching?
After White House said it will no longer defend DOMA, GOP has spent $2.3 million in taxpayer money trying to fight it in courts. I think are going to focus on the number of executive actions Obama made such as the expansion of federal benefits for same sex couples which they claim overstepped.

entremet

The GOP is really up in arms about Obama. He's a centrist President at best, yet the way they react he might as well be George McGovern.

What was it that Governor Patrick said about the GOP at the last Democratic convention?

Ah yes, they practice the politics of obstruction.

Sounds about right, here.

So how much will this stupid lawsuit cost taxpayers before it's thrown out of court?

Millions, most likely. Meanwhile, they keep getting paid, less real work gets done, and everyone who participates gets brownie points from their district so they don't get thrown to the wolves like Cantor.

BSsBrolly

Banned
After White House said it will no longer defend DOMA, GOP has spent $2.3 million in taxpayer money trying to fight it in courts. I think are going to focus on the number of executive actions Obama made such as the expansion of federal benefits for same sex couples which they claim overstepped.

Isn't the amount he's used among the lowest? That can't be it.

This is just hilarious to me. How people can't see this as smoke and mirrors on the GOPs part makes no sense though.

riotous

Banned
The most obstructionist congress in history...

The least amount of executive actions in modern history (especially considering Bush Sr. was a 1 term pres.)...

Yet they still sue the admin.

It's like the shark has found an unlimited rocket jump glitch.

Isn't the amount he's used among the lowest? That can't be it.

This is just hilarious to me. How people can't see this as smoke and mirrors on the GOPs part makes no sense though.

One simple graph will illustrate their point, the X axis is time, the Y axis is "number of executive orders since January 2009". The graph increases from 0 to 175 by 2014.

Print that on a bunch of public mailers, splash it at the top of the hour every day on Fox News for a week, mention him being friendly to immigrants and GITMO detainees, and suddenly the idea of Emperor Obama seems like a no-brainer.

Baki

I wonder how they feel about a woman as president, would it be less or more hatred compared to Obama?

I think less.

Although, I wish someone would call out Obama on Guantananamo and the drone strikes. Too bad, no one seems to care.

President Obama has used executive actions in attempts to help curb gun violence and ban anti-gay discrimination in the workplace. Most recently, the president’s Climate Action Plan employed a variety executive actions to cut carbon pollution.

That fucking monster must be stopped!

I think less.

Although, I wish someone would call out Obama on Guantananamo and the drone strikes. Too bad, no one seems to care.
Drone strikes, sure we can have a discussion. What exactly do you want Emperor Obama to do about Guantanamo Bay?

witness

After two national elections in a row getting trounced, they still don't fucking get it. What's it going to take for this party to get their act together and offer the people a second viable party that wants to work FOR the people?

linkboy

I have only been paying attention to the government since about 2003, so I ask those of you who have been at it a lot longer, has our government always been this backwards or did things really change that much after the 2008 elections?

There's always been a divide between the two parties, but it's never been this bad.

The Republican's have basically gone off the deep end and they show no signs of slowing down.

Lkr

This country is a fucking joke and there is no hope for it getting better any time soon. People still think Reagonomics/trickle down still works and we don't even have real news reporting.

What really pisses me off is the GOP's bullshit stance on immigration. You can trace everyone's lineage to an ancestor, fuck off. This country was built by immigrants, maybe if we let them in and become citizens, we would solve many of our problems! But if you let them in, they won't vote GOP, and that is all that matters to them.

njean777

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I didn't think that would carry all the way to the midterms, but I did think it would hurt Republicans a lot longer than it did.

Right, this is what pisses me off. I can't tell you how many people I've heard bitch and moan about "America being the world's police" and then turn around and bitch about "Obama letting Syria and Ukraine go to shit." This really shouldn't be too hard a concept to fucking grasp. If you don't want America involved in every foreign conflict in the world, then don't blame the President every single time something happens in any country. A 4 year old has enough logical capabilities to grasp this, FFS.

Oh you should hear my dad's logic, he is a conservative nut job and it is hilarious yet scary to listen to him go off about Obama. It's always funny when he and I go at it. I turn everything he says right back on him and he gets so angry. Tries to change the subject and I do not let that happen either. I mean some if the stuff I have heard Obama blamed for is hilarious.

Lkr

Oh you should hear my dad's logic, he is a conservative but job and it is hilarious yet scary to listen to him go off about Obama.

My dad is too stupid to comprehend what is bad about money in politics. This explains why our country is in this situation

I think less.

These are the things the GOP agrees upon with the current president. Along with the long list of powers given to the NSA.

AndyD

aka andydumi
One simple graph will illustrate their point, the X axis is time, the Y axis is "number of executive orders since January 2009". The graph increases from 0 to 175 by 2014.

Print that on a bunch of public mailers, splash it at the top of the hour every day on Fox News for a week, mention him being friendly to immigrants and GITMO detainees, and suddenly the idea of Emperor Obama seems like a no-brainer.

Yep. Such an obvious chart too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom