• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kneePat

A simple majority for this was always a bit silly. For any question that results in so much change it's silly. Oh well, done is done.

Absolutely, England decided the fate of three other countries. Sounds like US Presidential elections with Ohio which I've always said isn't great.

4w2L0Va.gif

Incredible.

I'm in shock and mad as fuck.

All my life I've worked hard and been good. When I got married my wife and I kept spending down and she budgets every penny. We've kept our head above water never been in debt and never burdened the system. Now because of this. I don't flipping kniw. I'm shocked . I dont know what will happen now.

Why? Are you based in the UK but were planning to liquidate everything and move overseas and now the UK pound drop of 8% is a disaster? It is very huge and interesting news and will be endlessly discussed - but I don't think the difference it makes is going to be that much to every day life. Unless you work for the EU while living in the UK or some other specific things.

Tak3n

Banned
Yep, this has opened the biggest can of worms ever, huge constitutional crisis, we voted heavily to remain that will not be ignored, otherwise watch what happens to indy support. What a fucking mess.

Ok, I don't know the nuances of it all, but surely by voting in the referendum you accept the vote, as it sounds like you are saying...we want to have a vote but if we don't like the result we are going to take our ball and leave....

If you feel like that, sturgeon should of said Scotland won't vote as we don't accept the result...but you voted

Mimosa97

This is devastating for you guys in the UK, and everyone in EU.

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

Wtf man why would you want people to suffer from their country leaving the EU ?

I hope the UK can stay strong and recover from this and I hope the EU learn from this and starts acting STRONG reform or other countries will follow. I'm French and I think we'd probably vote leave if a referendum was held tomorrow. Most people want to stay in the EU just because they're scared that going back to our old currency would wreak our economy but a majority of french people absolutely hate the EU.

Knoxcore

Very little chance of that at the moment. Hillary would have to be indicted to tank that hard.

It is this overconfidence that scares me. Anyone stopped and asked themselves, despite this being the worst four weeks of Trump's campaign, he's only down by 5-6 points? He could win and for the same reasons Leave won.

Slime

Banned
Easy to blame UKIP but FUCK YOU, Remain voters too lazy to get out and vote.

1e50bf6f_db53_423f_b05a_29a8ed1079cd.jpg

I hope this scares the shit out of Americans looking at their polling averages and smugly declaring that Trump has 0 chance in November.

Angry nationalists can ruin it for everyone if they're pissed off enough and you're too complacent to even vote.

I have never felt so resigned to narrow mindedness in my life. I always thought the UK was a place largely filled with people who had some common sense. I took pride in that. And now looking to see obvious racists celebrating and patting each other on the back I don't know what to do with myself. I am just too tired to keep fighting this kind of shit anymore. I need to go to bed...

oRuin

This is devastating for you guys in the UK, and everyone in EU.

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

Yeah that makes COMPLETE sense.

As an American, my morbid curiosity is eager to watch the fallout from this decision. It's like getting to watch an alternate universe.

If you think being an American insulates you from this outcome, you're very wrong. The financial impact will be felt by every market.

Moosichu

Because 51% did, that's how democracy works.

But there was awful weather which could have affected the vote.

Having such a monumental, irreversible decision being determined like this isn't great. What if 3% people change their mind after the fact? We can't just undo this vote.

Vanguard

This is not what I expected to wake up to. I mean I told myself I wouldn't be surprised if we did leave as felt it would always be close, but the fact it actually is happening...

Zaptruder

Banned
The problem is the Remain camp never had an answer for the last image.

People who are already in hard times aren't gonna suddenly be moved by the idea of if you vote leave your gonna be in for economic hard times.

Remain camp couldn't convince enough regular people in the middle on a micro economic level that their situation would get better by staying.

Sure the racists got what they wanted, but they were just feeding on the current climate for many.

Complex economic situations couldn't be distilled into bite sized emotional chunks for ignorant hateful people to digest. But brown people to blame for all problems can and will continue to be even as UK and EU as a whole turns to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom