• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Reports say the pound's value may not recover for a long time. I imagine it'll hit worse once trading opens.

Will we be seeing inflation, unemployment etc.?

NeOak

ceJudL2.png

Ok, I don't know the nuances of it all, but surely by voting in the referendum you accept the vote, as it sounds like you are saying...we want to have a vote but if we don't like the result we are going to take our ball and leave....

If you feel like that, sturgeon should of said Scotland won't vote as we don't accept the result...but you voted

Yes we voted, but the main issue here is we were promised our place in EU by the UK government if we stayed in the UK, that was clearly broken and now as a no voter and very determined no vote I want my vote again as I was lied to.

This is devastating for you guys in the UK, and everyone in EU.

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

well, on the other flipside of that coin... the EU have been huge dicks to the smaller countries and reamed Greece real hard.

the UK is a big country that can afford to grand stand and leave

The EU is half responsible for this mess for over reaching towards other countries.

Look at Iceland, they are doing fine now while Greece got fucked

Ash735

Democracy fucking sucks. 52% having that big of an impact on 48%.
Yep, that's numbers alright, 52 is bigger than 48. Either way, it's a major problem that needs to be addressed when half the country is at war with the other half, this Government has caused such a major rift and divide that in a sense, Britain needs chaos, things need to be rough so SOMEONE will actually start to get shit together.

kavanf1

I struggle to have any sympathy for one of the main players in the 2008 crash.....trying to make people feel sorry for banks is a sure way to make them feel they were right

I don't mean to single you out personally, but rather to point out that this is a perfect example of an economically ignorant argument that I'm sure a large number of Leave voters believed - they never got further than "stick it to the banks/the City".

The financial services industry - like it or loathe it - is responsible for a huge segment of Britain's GDP. When it gets hit hard, we all get hit hard. There are untold ripple effects coming out of this.

I'm so worried for the financial services industry in Scotland now - it employs tens of thousands, directly as a result of London being a financial centre.

I am working 12am to 7am because of BREXIT(I work for a financial company in new york) People are freaking out

From an unknown dealer morning commentary: After Brexit we will be looking at Grexit, Departugal, Italeave, Czechout, Oustria, Finish, Slovakout, Latervia, Byegium

Why the hell would anyone leave without knowing how this plays out? How can he seriously believe that? Especially with all signs pointing to a massive economic loss for the UK?

Fuck off. 48% of Brits DIDN'T want this, should we be punished too?

Scotland and Northern Ireland will probably be able to rejoin the EU. The rest is out of luck.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Isabel Hardman might be the most attractive woman to ever exist

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

What the fuck dude.

rodvik

How long would it take Northern Ireland and Scotland to get the ball rolling on leaving the UK if they decide to go that route?

Realistic answer?

Scotland 5 years minimum. We just had one and even though things have changed there is no way any UK government is going to hold another one before at least one more election cycle.

Northern Ireland. Unchanged, Ireland as a whole (North & Republic) is currently enjoying the benefits of the good friday agreement referendum (oh the irony) and if unification was to happen it would be a gradual peaceful one as attitudes changed due to long term peace.

I don't get reactions like this, if it went the other way by the same percentage you'd be happy?

Hypocritical comes to mind.

There was only 1 answer to this simply yes and no question and the wrong answer was chosen. It just shows how awful democracy can be and how in certain circumstances it should not be respected but shunned and thrown in a deep, dark cellar.

TyrantII

We call them Baby Boomers over here.

While my parents are part of that generation, I'll still be delighted when the last Boomer croaks and leaves planet earth. They've been nothing but a scrounge of hyper consumerism and squandering of what the WWII generation left them.

Hazzuh

What an utterly idiotic thing to say. You want to ruin the lives off millions of people purely out of spite?

I don't mean to single you out personally, but rather to point out that this is a perfect example of an economically ignorant argument that I'm sure a large number of Leave voters believed - they never got further than "stick it to the banks/the City".

The financial services industry - like it or loathe it - is responsible for a huge segment of Britain's GDP. When it gets hit hard, we all get hit hard. There are untold ripple effects coming out of this.

I'm so worried for the financial services industry in Scotland now - it employs tens of thousands, directly as a result of London being a financial centre.

Nah single everyone of them out for their selfishness and absolute ignorance. They need to know they fucked up and fucked up BIG TIME.

Moosichu

well, on the other flipside of that coin... the EU have been huge dicks to the smaller countries and reamed Greece real hard.

the UK is a big country that can afford to grand stand and leave

The EU is half responsible for this mess for over reaching towards other countries.

Look at Iceland, they are doing fine now while Greece got fucked

The EU is literally its member states. It's not some dictarship handing out decisions to different countries. Except now it will to the UK as we have lost our vote.

ATF487

I hope this scares the shit out of Americans looking at their polling averages and smugly declaring that Trump has 0 chance in November.

Angry nationalists can ruin it for everyone if they're pissed off enough and you're too complacent to even vote.

It's not a popular vote for the US election so it's not really a good comparison. Trump has a mountain to climb with demographics, the electoral college, etc.

The Guardian sticking the boot in LOL

As the results unfolded were there any metrics that could help predict whether an area was likely to vote leave or remain? We’ve taken six key measures for each voting area and mapped them against the results.

With the over two-thirds of the counting areas reporting a result the strongest predictor of how an area would vote is the education level of the residents. So far the results indicate that greater the proportion of residents with a higher education, the more likely a local authority was to vote remain.

danowat

Banned
Look, it sucks, but you can't change the result.

I am DEVASTATED by the result.

Serious question, how easy is it now for a UK citizen to find work in an EU country to find work in light of this decision?

I want off this sinking berg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom