• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
So Mr Jaunker

Next time we say we want a new deal, you will listen...

Let's not forget had Cameron's reform been anything offer that pathetic we would of probably voted to remain...the EU had a hand in this

HAHAHAHAHA

rk3EzHF.png
Hooooly shit

I believe Trump is going to be in the UK tomorrow to deliver a speech. You know he is going to bring it up.

Yeah, he will definitely bring it up. He is weak right now and this is good for him.

Could this potentially harm the US economy?

If we hit a major economic slump, it could help Trump in the fall, and that would be terrible.

I think it's indirectly harming the world's economy, but it may also indirectly boom others economy. Money flowing out of UK will probably flow elsewhere and be invested in other countries. Trump will definitely point there and spin it like it's some immigration control, or some economical crisis that the world is facing and he can fix it because he knows business.

Moosichu

the bigger countries are over represented and push around the smaller countries

the EU should not be proportional by population, the EU should be every member state is an equal no matter how big or small the country is.

I am not a fan of the way Germany treated Greece mind you

The EU is both.

The council has equal representation for countries.

The parliament is proportional representation.

For better or worse, we are all witnessing history. I'm just sitting here (not from UK, but in EU) and wishing that there won't be another massive global economic collapse. It feels like the 2008 one just happened.

Uhyve

So if Cameron resigns, does that mean we have to deal with Boris for a few years?

Not a fan of Cameron but he's better than that bumbling idiot.

Audioboxer

Realistic answer?

Scotland 5 years minimum. We just had one and even though things have changed there is no way any UK government is going to hold another one before at least one more election cycle.

Northern Ireland. Unchanged, Ireland as a whole (North & Republic) is currently enjoying the benefits of the good friday agreement referendum (oh the irony) and if unification was to happen it would be a gradual peaceful one as attitudes changed due to long term peace.

Scotland can apparently trigger something that would delay Brexit for 10 years if we don't get a referendum. Something to do with us voting to stay in the UK guaranteeing us staying in Europe.

I think anyway.

This is devastating for you guys in the UK, and everyone in EU.

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

Yeah, I'm not sure I can get by following this decrease in the value of the pound, so thanks for celebrating the shitstorm I'm about to be dragged into because of a bunch of short sighted morons.

kavanf1

Well now that people can see what may happen economically, wouldn't it be easier for him to say "let's all take a minute here and breath before we do this"?

Well he has two years I think. So it's not like it will happen later this afternoon. But at some point today he is going to have to acknowledge the result, and most likely fall on his sword and announce his resignation.

Yeah, he will definitely bring it up. He is weak right now and this is good for him.

I think it's indirectly harming the world's economy, but it may also indirectly boom others economy. Money flowing out of UK will probably flow elsewhere and be invested in other countries. Trump will definitely point there and spin it like it's some immigration control, or some economical crisis that the world is facing and he can fix it because he knows business.

Sometimes it feels like a panda could sneeze in China and people on this forum would be talking about what does this mean for Trump? He has become some kind of urban legend. The guy is in one of the worst positions a potential nominee has been in since Goldwater and everyone is so scared of him.

"Democracy sucks because I didn't get my way"?

That is literally what you wrote.
The unwashed masses literally don't know what's good for them a lot of the time, what is the country's best interest and how it should behave.

Yes, too much direct democracy can be bad. As shown by this very thread.

javac

Just woke up happy. GJ UK!

I won't call out the Gaffers for crow. You know who you are.

Crow is what you serve on a plate when your favorite game gets a higher metacritic score than expected not when the whole country is fucked. Not a laughing matter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom