• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Speaking of setting things on fire, does anyone else dig Liars?

Liars - Mr Your On Fire Mr

Typo is (sic). They can't spell apparently.
Never listened to before. Song was okay. Nothing really grabbed me. I'll admit guys I liked the supergroup Black Light Burns. Mind you it came out when I was listening to a lot of Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, etc.

Anyone heard Pile before? Uncle Jill and Pets are fucking phenomenal. If the vocals aren't what you're into wait until the instrumental breakdowns/jams (1:30 on in Uncle Jill)

TL;DR - I'm just not man enough for black/death metal.

Screaming or growling all the way through a track does not automatically make it black or death metal, they are very specific genres. There's plenty of regular ol' metal that has growling/screaming and no singing.

That bloody song Last Resort. It was everywhere when I lived in America. I'm sorry, but are they meant to be good?! Gahhhh. That song.

I will admit it's not their best track, even if it is the song that got me interested in them.

Musha's all-time fav band. I mostly listen to their first album Infest for nostalgia...also makes for good gym music. Still believe Tightrope and Between Angels and Insects were their best work but I have not ventured into their music past the second album.

ha, forgot this track existed. Placebo doesn't get much love these days.

Papa Roach on their 7th studio album and still going strong. One of the few bands I like every album and think they've got better. Not my all time fave band but definitely in my top 5.

And fuck yeah Placebo!

That Botch track is wicked, I'll be checking out some more of them.

Also Andy just informed me he has Thirteen by Fugazi so I'll be giving that a listen now while I do the washing up.

So rock and roll.

NinjaBoiX

Edit: sweet Musha! Be sure to let us know what you make of Fugazi.

WOah that was great. Loved it. Gave me severe bass sound envy :p
You should check out the first album, "They threw us all in a trench and stuck a monument on top" and the second "They were wrong, so we drowned". I stopped listening to them after "drums not dead" because it was awful.
Screaming or growling all the way through a track does not automatically make it black or death metal, they are very specific genres. There's plenty of regular ol' metal that has growling/screaming and no singing.
Oh yeah, I know that, it's just out of the metal I've listened to, black/death metal seems to have the highest proportion of screaming and growling.

Metal is a strange beast with so many little niches and sub-genres. It's just probably the genre with the fewest bands I'm into.

I liked Pile Acrid, and I was always a fan of Placebo. Are they still around?

AcridMeat

Banned
I liked Pile Acrid, and I was always a fan of Placebo. Are they still around?
In the same ilk, Fat History Month. This song, Things I Enjoy is good. Fucking Despair is great too. Goes well with Fugazi.

Plus how can you not love that album art.
a3274348453_10.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
So I got an email from head office today saying that, due to the nature of our work, everyone in the office is now recommended to not let people outside the building know where we work or what we do. I find that quite bizarre.

NinjaBoiX

I love these guys. Only put out 5 songs so far though. https://www.facebook.com/drivenuk/app_2405167945 <Not sure what the consensus on metal is in here.

and yay. I am 21. Woo.
Happy Brithday mane! I rarely look at the OP nowadays, sorry. That's mikes bag now anyway. ;)
One of those is a Usain Bolt TV for me.

Also, I fuckin' miss John Frusciante.
Yeah, me too! I thought my phone was crapping out.

Here you go shorty, for your Frusciante pangs:

Ataxia - Hands

Edit: I'm not sure why the watermark says "Ethopian something", it's definitely "Hands"!

Glad you liked the Botch, Musha.

Haha! That's one of my best mates all time favourite bands.

It's Andy's fave band, so glad he introduced me to them, been to see them so many times now, fucking great band live.

I love these guys. Only put out 5 songs so far though. https://www.facebook.com/drivenuk/app_2405167945 <Not sure what the consensus on metal is in here.

and yay. I am 21. Woo.

Have you actually read any of the posts over the last few pages????

Oh and happy birthday.

One of those is a Usain Bolt TV for me.

I don't know what this means

Addnan

Have you actually read any of the posts over the last few pages????

Oh and happy birthday.
I have and it confused me. Haha. There were a lot of posts today. Did notice Ninja guy doesn't seem like a fan.

Happy Brithday mane! I rarely look at the OP nowadays, sorry. That's mikes bag now anyway. ;)
Thanks!

Going to Killswitch Engage in February. Have never been to Brixton Academy. Anyone been there? How is it.

SKINNER!

Banned
All in good time friend, all in good time

Man, I really really hope so. His time away from RHCP now is almost longer than the first time he departed. And Klinghoffer is alright and all but dude's so bland when it comes to live shows and is nowhere near as spontaneously intense as this

Here you go shorty, for your Frusciante pangs:

Ataxia - Hands

Cheers man. Do need to get into his solo and other projects more.

I don't know what this means

My apologies. As in the first youtube link takes me to a Usain Bolt TV advert instead of a Clutch song. Thought it was an advert at first but then I clicked it again and it's the same ad.

Cheers :)
EDIT: Beaten. Off to the new thread I goooooooo!

f0rk

You have to snitch on the thread and then quickly post if you want to be last. It's not like any mods regularly read it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom