• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm first screens

4565357121_f195790101_o.jpg

I like this move already. Slide (+kick?) and then shotty in the face.:D

Is this that CliffyB game?

Has really crap character designs.

Besides that, the game looks like ass. Which is what Gaf usually loves from my short time here.

Second picture looks like a cross between Jack Black/Dom Santiago and Kim from Gears :lol

I like the Gears style in its own right this seems a bit more cartoony (not a whole lot but enough). Its Epic though working with People Can Fly, im interested, hopefully it has a big showing at E3.

adelante

NinjaFusion said:
Loving the gears-esque feel... (by which i mean chunky characters, not unreal lighting)
Unreal lighting?? Shit the lighting in this game is totally unlike previous Unreal-powered titles in that it looks so much better, even thought it's running off the MT Framework engine til someone brought up Epic. Good to see Unreal's lighting engine given some tweaking

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ShutDown202 said:
Is this that CliffyB game?

Has really crap character designs.

Besides that, the game looks like ass. Which is what Gaf usually loves from my short time here.
Nope, i wont quote your avatar. ;)

paranoidfortean said:
No way this is anything other than mediocre.

If painkiller was mediocre? the first game was a blast. it had a Chaingun/Rocketlauncher, and a gun that shot ninja stars with electricity. If this is like that, with scoring base on how you kill people. sold. PC day 1

seems almost like a prequel to gears or something.
The guys, but younger, when the world still had plants.

would like to see some gameplay

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Urine filter is horrible. When will it die? It makes everything look bad.

I mean, the environments look great, but their hue is sickening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
VibratingDonkey said:
Apparently he was revived by Shang Tsung.
:lol :lol :lol

modulaire

I don't like the color palette. I can't imagine playing the game for hours with this horrible filter.

Everything else looks interesting, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PjotrStroganov said:
4565357121_f195790101_o.jpg

I like this move already. Slide (+kick?) and then shotty in the face.:D
FEAR did this! In slow-mo too for added awesome.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Iadien said:
Looks like mindless fun, I'm in!

I miss games like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. Mindless kill fest with humor <3 Given that we really don't know yet if this will be like that but that's the feeling I'm getting from those screens.

paranoidfortean said:
No way this is anything other than mediocre.
could be ok. but impossible to tell until it's out, pretty much the entire painkiller team left peoplecanfly for farm51 in 2005 and has been making necrovision games since, so it's pretty much a restart for peoplecanfly

bearcatjosh said:
You do. We all do. It's a return to FPS games being fun above anything else.
get the necrovision games (y)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Fuzz Rez said:

I miss games like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. Mindless kill fest with humor <3 Given that we really don't know yet if this will be like that but that's the feeling I'm getting from those screens.

Well, Epic brought mindless fun to the next level with Gears. It celebrates its mindlessness!

Raist

Banned
NIN90 said:
No, minimal HUD is the fucking cancer that has infected gaming this gen.

No. KZ2 proved that absolutely no HUD can be fantastic. Of course it's a different kind of FPS so maybe it doesn't matter as much.

BobsRevenge

RSTEIN said:
Well, Epic brought mindless fun to the next level with Gears. It celebrates its mindlessness!
Gears is not how you do mindlessness. Mindlessness isn't sitting behind cover waiting for an opportunity to do something awesome. Mindlessness is constantly running around shooting bitches and doing awesome shit all the time.

BobsRevenge

Joseph Merrick said:
could be ok. but impossible to tell until it's out, pretty much the entire painkiller team left peoplecanfly for farm51 in 2005 and has been making necrovision games since, so it's pretty much a restart for peoplecanfly

get the necrovision games (y)
The Necrovision games are decent, but they're nowhere near as fun as Painkiller was.

Loxley

FiRez said:
I thought Raam killed this guy.

I thought the exact same thing :lol

But seriously, I love the game's look. Definite bonus points for allowing a shooter to have pastels. And if first-person kicking is involved...oh man, badass. This game is definitely on my radar.

(and echoing Ryan from Giant Bomb's statements, I think Bulletstorm is a slick name; it works :D )

Xiaoki

PjotrStroganov said:
Is there some kind of weird perspective thing going on here? Because it looks like your character is some kind of freakish giant. I mean, in this screen shot your boot is bigger than that generic guy's torso.

Also, I would prefer the gray and brown "next gen filter" to a piss yellow "urine filter".

Sciz

Munin said:
I just saw that the game has a 2011 release date. Why exactly does a relatively simple old-school shoot-stuff FPS like this need such a long time to develop?
PCF is a pretty small team, I believe. And the fact that there are only a handful of fondly remembered "simple" FPSes should tell you that they're harder to develop than it looks.

Top Bottom