• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm first screens

Polk said:
10. 2009
PEOPLE CAN FLY HIRES AUDIO DIRECTOR
People Can Fly, an Epic Games studio, today announced that award-winning composer Adam Skorupa has joined PCF.
Adam “Scorpik” Skorupa, the prolific and critically acclaimed audio director for games like The Witcher, Painkiller and a host of other games, is now a full-time member of the People Can Fly development team.
ok, very nice. so they've definitely got the music covered

paranoidfortean said:
No way this is anything other than mediocre.

idk, it may be a sleeper. I read the Game Informer cover story this month, and it looks like it has potential.

Its made by the Painkiller folks so this isnt there first rodeo

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sounds and looks OK. I read over the article in GI.
Even though the art style is cool the who post-apocalyptic ruined world setting is getting tired. I'll keep an eye on it though, it could be fun.

quickwhips

geeko420 said:
Gonna burst your bubble on this one, last game informer said there is no co-op in this game. there is multiplayer tho.

just went off my radar. I don't want an ai partner that has to follow me around that I can't have my friend drop it and play. I don't want ai partners as it is.

Adam J.

Let's see; an FPS starring a drunken space pirate with a glowing slime lasso that can kick dudes and fights huge ugly monster bosses. I'm either dreaming or this the game my former 13 year-old self has been waiting for.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
This. I read the GI article but they never really explained how fast or slow the game plays.

It's aimed at consoles, so twin stick scheme will limit the speed from being at the high end of FPS.

Calcaneus

BobsRevenge said:
Gears is not how you do mindlessness. Mindlessness isn't sitting behind cover waiting for an opportunity to do something awesome. Mindlessness is constantly running around shooting bitches and doing awesome shit all the time.
This man is right. I'm so in the mood for a simple, frantic FPS.

Serious Sam HD hit a spot for me that I forgot I had.

adelante said:
Unreal lighting?? Shit the lighting in this game is totally unlike previous Unreal-powered titles in that it looks so much better, even thought it's running off the MT Framework engine til someone brought up Epic. Good to see Unreal's lighting engine given some tweaking

It looks like its using Lightmass to me which is why the lighting is so much better than every previous UE3 game (barring Mirror's Edge). This is probably the first retail game to use it with all its GI baking goodness.

Lightmass isn't just a "tweaking" of the old setup its a whole new light baking engine, lightyears ahead of Epic's previous solution.

jax (old)

Banned
Didn't expect this much foilage or the game to look like this after the EDGE preview I read. Looks good to me though. Interest still here.

:)

Raide

After Gears going for the gritty seriousness "Giannnt wooorrrmmmm!" Bulletstorm looks awesome and utterly bonkers. I loved the Painkiller games but always thought they needed more exposure. Hopefully Bulletstorm will have all of that, plus having Epic there means it should get some awesome marketing and the push it needs.

Decado

Rabbitwork said:
was 'meh' on this game until i saw:
[pic]

points floating above enemies? assuredly adding to some kind of intangible and ultimately non-critical point total?

YES.
I hate that in FPS. Pissed me off to no end in Resistance 2 multiplayer (stopped play it).

Better not be in single player or at least have an option to turn it off.

kind of..nuts eh?

n2emfs.jpg

Top Bottom