• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm first screens

Alcander

Xiaoki said:
Is there some kind of weird perspective thing going on here? Because it looks like your character is some kind of freakish giant. I mean, in this screen shot your boot is bigger than that generic guy's torso.

Also, I would prefer the gray and brown "next gen filter" to a piss yellow "urine filter".
:lol :lol I didn't notice this until you pointed it out and now I can't unsee it.... Perhaps your character is further away from the guy than it appears? hahaha.

In any case, the environments look really cool. Characters look very gears-esque.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
BobsRevenge said:
Gears is not how you do mindlessness. Mindlessness isn't sitting behind cover waiting for an opportunity to do something awesome. Mindlessness is constantly running around shooting bitches and doing awesome shit all the time.

Oh, that's how I play Gears :D

was 'meh' on this game until i saw:

points floating above enemies? assuredly adding to some kind of intangible and ultimately non-critical point total?

YES.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Rabbitwork said:
was 'meh' on this game until i saw:
[ur l=http: //farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4565356655_8ab98a1e3a_o.jpg][im g]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4565356655_a43e39 9a54_m.jpg[/img ][/url]

points floating above enemies? assuredly adding to some kind of intangible and ultimately non-critical point total?

YES.
There will probably be a reward system in place. Painkiller had a reward system of cards you could activate that slowed time, or whatever.

BobsRevenge said:
There will probably be a reward system in place. Painkiller had a reward system of cards you could activate that slowed time, or whatever.
this is even better.

borderlands awoke in me a desire to see meaningless numbers pour out of enemy faces like water while i gun them down en masse.

VaLiancY

Painkiller was the most simple FPS shooter that was just an absolute blast to play with a shit ton of replayability. Tons of weird enemies, tons of weird fucking guns and some great level aesthetics.

Day One.

Dahbomb

Probably need to see this in motion before any real comments can be given on it aside from the usual "crap characters, amazing environments".

Xater

It looks nice and it's from the Painkiller guys so I am instantly interested. The screen don't answer the most important question though: Is there a gun that let's me impale people and stick them to the environment? A no might negatively influence my purchase decision. :D

NIN90 said:

I am just predicting, not saying it is. One of the screens looks like the guy was just sliding in to cover or something. More like KZ2/Gears style, which is good :)

EDIT: I just noticed that he wasn't taking cover but actually knocking a guy off while sliding into him, cool stuff.

J-Rzez

beast786 said:
The Screens do nothing to me.

Looks like a typical EPIC GAMES inspired FPS.

Yeah, I'll have to see it's complete package. But right now it looks like another Unreal engine shooter now with colors other than blue and gray to me, with trademark elephant feet. They're a mirror to the future where everyone is jacked up on roids, trying to compensate for something.

BobsRevenge

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, I'll have to see it's complete package. But right now it looks like another Unreal engine shooter now with colors other than blue and gray to me, with trademark elephant feet. They're a mirror to the future where everyone is jacked up on roids, trying to compensate for something.
Play Painkiller.

Buy it.

Play it.

Then come back here.

J-Rzez

BobsRevenge said:
Play Painkiller.

Buy it.

Play it.

Then come back here.

Yeah, I never got to play that. I didn't have a good enough PC back in the day I remember. $10 isn't much of a risk, I'll give it a shot in a couple weeks probably. Too much on my table to play atm. Thanks.

Saty said:
Looks like someone vomited on all the ground textures.

couchavatar.png

PC version for the win.

Looks like The Club with better art.

bud

i don't care how many polygons they're pushing, the fact remains that this is one ugly looking game.

Polk

Joseph Merrick said:
not really. it's the same company, but I doubt anyone who worked on the original painkiller are still there
And went where? To CDP Red or Techland? I don't think core team had changed so much. They've even got their music guy (true legend in Polish scene - Scorpik) back from CDP Red.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
bud said:
i don't care how many polygons they're pushing, the fact remains that this is one ugly looking game.

Just interested, what game does look good for you?

sweetvar26 said:
I am just predicting, not saying it is. One of the screens looks like the guy was just sliding in to cover or something. More like KZ2/Gears style, which is good :)

EDIT: I just noticed that he wasn't taking cover but actually knocking a guy off while sliding into him, cool stuff.

Far from it. From the co-worker of mine that saw it, he described it as Serious Sam x Duke Nukem x Painkiller x Insanity x Beyond Crysis Visuals x Even more insanity. It's gonna be over-the-top and god damn crazy.

Apperantly, when you kick a dude and he falls back, he will fall back in slowmotion while the rest of the game will move at normal speed.

BobsRevenge

Host Samurai said:
Looks like 90% of the stuff thats out these days. Another game I wont be buying :(
If it's as good as Painkiller, it will be more awesome than 99% of stuff that's out these days.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jack Black and Kano. Awesome.

Polk said:
And went where? To CDP Red or Techland? I don't think core team had changed so much. They've even got their music guy (true legend in Polish scene - Scorpik) back from CDP Red.
went to farm51. scorpik also did some music for necrovision, I don't think he is with any specific team

edit: but that might be the same with many of the artists and the general content positions aswell

burgerdog

adelante said:
Unreal lighting?? Shit the lighting in this game is totally unlike previous Unreal-powered titles in that it looks so much better, even thought it's running off the MT Framework engine til someone brought up Epic. Good to see Unreal's lighting engine given some tweaking

What? Is this true? Did Capcom finally license the engine?

MMaRsu

Banned
jett said:
Epic needs to get some decent character designers jesusfuck.

Epic isn't developing this.

Day fucking one, Painkiller is one of my fav games, so is Serious Sam ( not the same devs but same genre kinda ) so I'm happy about this game :D. Art direction looks awesome as well :D

beast786 said:
The Screens do nothing to me.

Looks like a typical FPS.

:lol What's a 'typical FPS' ?

If this is anything like Painkiller, it's as good as bought. Speaking of which I need to find my physical copy, reinstall it and play through it again. Or maybe I'll just buy it again on Steam. Such an awesome game.

Polk

Joseph Merrick said:
went to farm51. scorpik also did some music for necrovision, I don't think he is with any specific team

edit: but that might be the same with many of the artists and the general content positions aswell
10. 2009
PEOPLE CAN FLY HIRES AUDIO DIRECTOR
People Can Fly, an Epic Games studio, today announced that award-winning composer Adam Skorupa has joined PCF.
Adam “Scorpik” Skorupa, the prolific and critically acclaimed audio director for games like The Witcher, Painkiller and a host of other games, is now a full-time member of the People Can Fly development team.

Top Bottom