• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remaster Is Full Price (50$) Game...

Fdkn

They can price it at whatever they want, it's their call to make

The original bombed and this will bomb too, so you'll get the chance to get it cheaper after some time

From what I recall, it wasn't a pretty game in the first place. A remaster is not going to make it look much better.
And it wasn't popular either. Gameplay was good, but there are far better FPS games. The industry has already reacted to the "no more boring modern military CoD clones" with stuff like Wolfenstein and Doom (or Overwatch if you want MP), which are way better games than Bulletstorm.

I expect it'll be competing with No Mans Sky and AssCreed Unity for the fastest price drop awards.

Backlogger

I've already beat this game and as much as I loved it there is no reason to play it again, esp at this price. At least with something like a Skyrim you can roll a new character or maybe do some quest lines you skipped on your first playthrough.

If it ever gets to the $5 range I might bite but pretty much zero interest in buying this again.

Z6swlKb.png

Enough truthiness for you today, OP

This is one of the few evergreenest titles that can get away with full price MSRP for any length of time.

That is the real thing to keep in mind: this bulletstorm sucker will be $15 bomba price in post-xmas sales.

But why??
I honestly don't get it. It's a remastered version of 6 years old game with no major new content. (One character and few maps if i am not wrong).

In years when most developers are giving Remasters for free to owners of the original versions, and pricing them no higher than 30$ Gearbox Software decides to price Bulletstorm 50$. That's how much brand new or few weeks "old" AAA games cost today.

Your opinion? I am personally not supporting and buying this.

It wasnt even worth that the first time

dreamfall

They should probably launch it at $40 at the most... Even that is really pushing it. Hopefully a free upgrade for PC owners...

meerak

I don't really understand anger at prices... They always go down, don't they? Is it really insulting that they left room for sales? I dunno maybe I'm crazy.

RavenHawk

I don't really understand anger at prices... They always go down, don't they? Is it really insulting that they left room for sales? I dunno maybe I'm crazy.

What anger? So far I see people discussing how the game is being released, at what they feel is an unrealistic price.

Video games, like other forms of entertainment, compete for our money; why shouldn't people question the release price of a game that has minimal new features, and did not sell well the first time through?

Malio

I got the original Bulletstorm for $10 in the bargain bin after it bombed. Got about 2-3 hours into and cried for my missing $10.

Hard pass.

$50? What the heck are they thinking. Bulletstorm was a sales disappointment for Epic and EA when it released almost six years ago (and early copies included Gears of War 3 beta access, which must have helped initial sales). At that price in 2017, it's going to completely tank. Which is unfortunate, because it's actually a game that deserves a second chance.

Heidern98

I like People Can Fly and I really enjoyed their Painkiller stuff, but I could never get into this game when it first came out.

Now this remaster was somewhat interesting as a possible way to get me to try the game again, but now that it has the Gearbox connection I'm really loathe to go near it. I wish it didn't have Duke in it.

FoneBone

Can Gearbox actually offer a discount for owners of a game they didn't publish? Regardless, a $50 price point is just obscene, and I say that as someone who absolutely loved the game.

KalBalboa

Banned
I think the $50 MSRP would be easier to swallow if the new Duke Nukem content was just part of the package and not some pre-order DLC.

I personally think a remaster with new campaign content on top of all the original DLC is worth $40-50, but I guess the depends on the breadth of the Duke stuff.

SMD

Threads like this always remind me just how goddamn cheap we are as gamers!

Threads like this always remind me just how many people think publishers are charities rather than businesses.

They're not your mates, they're not gonna pat you on the back for being a mug.

Meier

I thought the original was a blast but I think I got it for like $5 from Dell. The game was a massive bomb.. why would a re-release be anything but budget priced? $30 at most should have been the original cost.

This cliché "they're a business" angle being thrown around is adorable, considering Gearbox won't be making any money off of the remaster anyways.

jack....

This was $20 or less within like 3 weeks of its original release. Can't imagine it will be much different this time.

In all seriousness, Bulletstorm is a great game. It got a wrap for its language and dialogue but the gameplay is extremely satisfying. I agree $50 is a surprise but if you haven't played it before, pick it up.

Lanrutcon

Man, I laughed at the dialogue in this. It's not exactly witty or intelligent humor, but it got me.

I'll grab it on sale.

I loved the first game, picked it up on Steam and played it at least twice already. I'm not paying $50 for this though. I can still play the original version and it looks as good as what they showed in that trailer, so the only important additions would be a co-op mode that works and the new Duke voice lines.
They should have added an upgrade path for people who supported the original release.

Daeoc

Well they have to try to make a profit off the game somehow after it didn't sell well enough the first time. Personally didn't care for this game at all, and neither did anyone I knew at the time of the original release.

I think they're going to hurt themselves by selling it at that price, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it. I've been hankering to replay this.

I may just rent it, though.

black070

All the best, it's a great game - I'll definitely pick it up to replay in 4K on the Pro, but not until it sees a price drop.

hotcyder

I liked the original! Its concept didn't stretch a full campaign but the gameplay was at least solid.

But I guess I already own the original

and I don't particularly want to support Gearbox.

Though I do hope People May Fly get more work.

Is Fortnite still coming out or is it stuck in development hell forever?

I have question regarding the complaints about the full price. What makes games different from other media (music, movies) that when a remaster is released some games should not charge full price.

Whenever you buy a cd that was remastered or buy a movie again in whatever new format has become mainstream there is no loyalty program. Of course games are more expensive than the stuff mentioned above but still... I honestly would like to know why games are not worth it. And no one is being pressured to buy it day 1.

I understand that with the PC version there is an expiration date with GFWL (this is the version I own) which is something to be considered and since most of its sales where on digital platforms a loyalty discount could be given since it's quite easy to detect ownership.

Having said that I do appreciate when a new version is given for free to owners of the previous release.

Just a reminder to you or others who might consider new version primarily because it doesn't have GFWL. There is a community made patch for original game that allows you to play without GFWL, you don't even need to have GFWL installed. You can get the patch/fix here http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bulletstorm#Play_without_Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

Top Bottom