• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Responds to Recent Feedback on Destiny 2

“Add a method to mass delete shaders.”

People are asking for this?
Mass delete shaders?

We’ve really come full circle on that shader nonsense complaining at launch LOL
The issue is that some shaders are more common than others. As you can guess, the more common ones are also generally uglier. So often you end up with maybe 3 of the shader you like, and like 50 of the multiple ones you don't. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue because well who cares? Just leave it in the inventory and forget about it. Except there are more shader types than there are shader inventory slots so you have to start making room for shaders you like. The only two ways to do that are to either put them in the Vault which is kind of a tedious process and also has it's own limited space better used for other things, or to delete it from your inventory since you're not going to use them anyway. But again, we are talking like a stack of 50 shaders. 50 shaders you have to delete one at a time not with button presses, but with button holds.

That means having to sit at the inventory screen and pressing and holding the delete button 50 times.

Therein lies the pain point. Inventory management in Destiny is already tedious and time consuming so literally anything that makes the process more tolerable goes a long way.

I can pretty much assure you that VoG is remembered so fondly mainly because it was the first game and a new experience. A raid in a first-person shooter. Atheon was a unique enemy, the mechanics were fresh etc. Most those enemies hadn't been abused to death like they are now. There's a lot of factors around why it was so much more fun, but I think a large part of it is fatigue, especially amongst enemy archetypes. I think it's a big reason why the current raid is so mechanically focused, it required less work than creating new enemies and the AI needed to diversify the combat. It's built into the core of everything they've done, recycled with little change. That level of recycling really only works when you have other dynamics and factors (Diablo/POE with enemy traits/modifiers again) to compensate for it. They tried to a degree with the taken, which is why it was more interesting than past content at that point. But in terms of behavior they were nearly identical to existing enemies.

Yes but the thing is VoG is still fun to go back and replay. It isnt just rose tinted glasses. The encounters there are simply more enjoyable. Aetheon was a better boss than any of the other since, and he/she/it is still the most fun to fight. The teleporting mechanic there works way better than the "auto runner" mechanic in Leviathon's void. Aetheon also, even today (well last time I played it post Y3 update anyway) feels like a more towering / imposing boss, even though the "giant head" at the end of Kings Fall is bigger size wise.

I feel like Bungie blew their creative wads with VoG and just never recaptured that magic fully.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The issue is that some shaders are more common than others. As you can guess, the more common ones are also generally uglier. So often you end up with maybe 3 of the shader you like, and like 50 of the multiple ones you don't. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue because well who cares? Just leave it in the inventory and forget about it. Except there are more shader types than there are shader inventory slots so you have to start making room for shaders you like. The only two ways to do that are to either put them in the Vault which is kind of a tedious process and also has it's own limited space better used for other things, or to delete it from your inventory since you're not going to use them anyway. But again, we are talking like a stack of 50 shaders. 50 shaders you have to delete one at a time not with button presses, but with button holds.

That means having to sit at the inventory screen and pressing and holding the delete button 50 times.

Therein lies the pain point. Inventory management in Destiny is already tedious and time consuming so literally anything that makes the process more tolerable goes a long way.

Well, hopefully this is addressed if they just completely overhaul the system so that it's more like it is in Destiny 1:

- Get a shader.
- You have it forever.
- Grab a group of them from the vault for your character to hold onto.
- Equip them to armor pieces, guns, shaders, etc.
- Got one type of shader on you? Equip it to everything if you want.

Also, am I the only one who honestly finds the new shader system... not as fun as I expected? And by that, I mean equipping multiple shaders to different armor pieces. The vast majority of combinations are ugly so I just find myself doing a single shader per armor set, just like in Destiny 1.

Lothars

First of all, nice ableist insult. Second of all the endgame for D2 sucks. People have legitimate criticisms and you just handwaving it away by calling them "sperglords" is insulting. People want to have a reason to play the game and the carrot and the end of D2s stick is moldy and rotten.

It's ridiculous that it's in the state it's in after 3 years of experience of what does and does not work with Destiny 1. It really seems like there's no vision for where the game is going to go, they're just throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.
There are certainly some legit criticisms for the game and end game in general but there are alot of none legit criticisms. I fully disagree with you that they are throwing shit at the wall, They have a terrific basis of a game but it can also be better. I also don't think they should be talking about features until they are basically ready to be implemented because of the community.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yes but the thing is VoG is still fun to go back and replay. It isnt just rose tinted glasses. The encounters there are simply more enjoyable. Aetheon was a better boss than any of the other since, and he/she/it is still the most fun to fight. The teleporting mechanic there works way better than the "auto runner" mechanic in Leviathon's void. Aetheon also, even today (well last time I played it post Y3 update anyway) feels like a more towering / imposing boss, even though the "giant head" at the end of Kings Fall is bigger size wise.

I feel like Bungie blew their creative wads with VoG and just never recaptured that magic fully.

I disagree.

And that doesn't mean I'm looking down on VoG. It's fantastic. But I've had just as much fun on other Raid encounters since.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's impressive that they managed to fuck up the first game, fix it, then fuck up the second.

Bold One

Bungie says nothing - "Fuck Bungie, they don't communicate, fuck this game, this is bullshit".

Bungie speaks - "No, Bungie, those aren't the exact words I wanted to hear".

I have a long list of complaints that I know won't be addressed for at least a year.

Bungie says nothing - "Fuck Bungie, they don't communicate, fuck this game, this is bullshit".

Bungie speaks - "No, Bungie, those aren't the exact words I wanted to hear".

I think maybe people are tired of the "we're listening" schtick after 3 years. They're not listening, or they're listening to a lot of the wrong stuff...or they rushed Destiny 2 out the door.

TsuWave

I can't imagine a world where Crota's End beats Leviathan "hands down." I wasn't enjoying Leviathan at first but had a blast when I went back into it.

And I'm sorry, but calling it "lazy" is a ridiculously silly comment. Lazy, even. That's what the term "toxic community" is referring to.

If you're not a fan of the Raid, that's fine. But to say it's lazy after they put a lot of time and effort into crafting it, is not good criticism.

well, i understand why someone would call it lazy. not saying i agree, but when you have filler like the standards/banners encounter (which was recycled and used twice), and the underbelly (which greatly loses its appeal after the first time and becomes busy work from there on and you hate the fact that you have to go to it every single time to get the fucking chests) you run the risk of being called lazy. hell, even the baths could be argued to be a recycled version of the annihilator totems from king's fall.

personally, outside of the Calus fight, and maybe the end part of the gauntlet when the whole team has to run, i didn't find anything about the leviathan raid memorable

I'll be the first to admit I'm constantly negative toward Destiny, but it's because I love it and know it has unlimited potential. I want it to be as good as I know it can be.

So with that said I'll say thank you to Bungie for acknowledging the game has faults and that they're being worked on. That's what I wanted to hear.

The pessimistic side of me says this was all part of the DLC plan, and maybe it is. But more likely they simply didn't have the time to make everything perfect from the start.

So I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now and remain hopeful that they're going to make this right.

im_dany

I'm pretty much happy with the content honestly, the people with nothing to do are the most hardcore players, they'd have nothing to do anyway if Bungie were to include more endgame quests/missions. As long as they add all the Y3 QoL improvements (where are my ship/sparrow kiosks?) I'm fine. Hopefully the first two DLCs aren't too small, because while it's not a problem right now one month after launch, if they don't add enought content even the non-hardcore fanbase will have nothing to do come summer 2018

atpbx

Seriously, Cosmo and Deej are the worst community management team of any game I have played.

They both share an incredible ability to write entire essays that basically tell you fuck all.

The majority of Deejs community updates from D1were 500 words worth of minimum effort trash just to fulfil his obligation to write an update.

WHAT specific game related feedback are you looking at? Fuck the shaders, WHAT weapon related feedback do you find interesting,

Comment on some of the amazing ideas the Destiny playerbase have come up with that you as proffesional game developers were not capable of thinking of yourself.

jviggy43

I can't imagine a world where Crota's End beats Leviathan "hands down." I wasn't enjoying Leviathan at first but had a blast when I went back into it.

And I'm sorry, but calling it "lazy" is a ridiculously silly comment. Lazy, even. That's what the term "toxic community" is referring to.

If you're not a fan of the Raid, that's fine. But to say it's lazy after they put a lot of time and effort into crafting it, is not good criticism.
Creatively bankrupt then but I don't take issue with people using lazy when the baths, dogs, and calus just mashed together a bunch of mechanics from the other raids and threw them together in a slightly altered manner. I wouldn't call that being toxic, it certainly feels lazy.

Seriously, Cosmo and Deej are the worst community management team of any game I have played.

They both share an incredible ability to write entire essays that basically tell you fuck all.

The majority of Deejs community updates from D1were 500 words worth of minimum effort trash just to fulfil his obligation to write an update.

WHAT specific game related feedback are you looking at? Fuck the shaders, WHAT weapon related feedback do you find interesting,

Comment on some of the amazing ideas the Destiny playerbase have come up with that you as proffesional game developers were not capable of thinking of yourself.

yup i agree. Deej is horrible.

GhaleonEB

Well, hopefully this is addressed if they just completely overhaul the system so that it's more like it is in Destiny 1:

- Get a shader.
- You have it forever.
- Grab a group of them from the vault for your character to hold onto.
- Equip them to armor pieces, guns, shaders, etc.
- Got one type of shader on you? Equip it to everything if you want.

Also, am I the only one who honestly finds the new shader system... not as fun as I expected? And by that, I mean equipping multiple shaders to different armor pieces. The vast majority of combinations are ugly so I just find myself doing a single shader per armor set, just like in Destiny 1.

I have yet to use a single shader. The only colors I've liked are ones for which I only have 3, so I don't want to use them. And I'm still cycling through gear, so I don't wan to waste it. So I'm just paralyzed into collecting them while I look like a vaguely stylish mismatched trashcan. It's a horrid system.

At any rate, more than the endgame, the weapon load out system and lack of horizontal progression has hampered my desire to keep chasing loot.

• Even with the R/G colorblind option on, I can't tell the enemy shields apart. So I just use my favorite weapons instead of optimizing around elements.
  • I have yet to use sniper rifles, fusion rifles, rocket launchers, grenade launchers or shotguns, because there are too many things stuffed into the Power slot. Loadouts like scout/shotty/rockets were fantastic in Destiny 1. But in Destiny 2 I'm utterly bored using two primaries.
  • I have yet to figure out a reason to have more than one armor piece of anything. There's nothing to really optimize, and no elemental burn resistances to build sets around, so I just equip something that looks neat. The rest sit in the vault.
The weapons also feels really flat. There are no exciting perks, and most weapons in a class feel very indistinct from the rest. I know there are more weapons and weapon types than vanilla D1, but I use less of them and there feels like less variety, somehow. That's resulted in me not enjoying the gun play nearly as much as D1.

As for the endgame, it basically doesn't exist for me. No Heroic strikes, and I *hate* what they did to the Nightfall, which used to be one of my favorite activities. I'm never running one again so long as the time limitation and accumulation systems exist. They're just not fun. I have yet to run a raid, and I'm a PvE guy so no Trials. My "endgame" consists of flashpoints and re-running a mission now and then. (I'd actually play more campaign missions, but they're missing from the map for some inexplicable reason.)

Behlel

And yet no word on how they will fix the lag on crucible with people warping around and that doesn't take any damage.

And yet no word on how they will fix the lag on crucible with people warping around and that doesn't take any damage.

That's a result of the way the peer to peer matchmaking works, coupled with low "tick rates" (It doesn't work like a typical server, but the rate at which it's sending information is very low) it's not going away.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The point is to have fun? I've got a 305 Titan and still haven't explored most of the lost sectors or done all the adventure sidequests.

Doing the same stuff over and over again? Wasn't that meaty in the first place.

I probably won't revisit it until the HDR patch drops.

I have yet to use a single shader. The only colors I've liked are ones for which I only have 3, so I don't want to use them. And I'm still cycling through gear, so I don't wan to waste it. So I'm just paralyzed into collecting them while I look like a vaguely stylish mismatched trashcan. It's a horrid system.
Yep this is me also. I know we're not the only ones either because I see it all the time in IB. Everyone's running around looking like a clown.

Chemo

I can't imagine a world where Crota's End beats Leviathan "hands down."
You don't have to imagine that world, my friend. You're living in it.

Leviathan sucks. Once you know it, it's almost as short as Crota's End with less action and far more boring encounters. The lore for Leviathan is cool, but I'm already sick of playing it and I'd run Crota again in a heartbeat.

But it's a heavily modified thing thing in the schwing schwing!

Sigh...it plays just like Destiny 1. Is it just me or was Halo devoid of these issues? How have they gone backward?

Their decision was based on two factors. A :Cost cutting, server costs and development cost are the two highest costs after marketing. B: To try and resolve the issue of distance/ping advantage. Or at least reduce it. To bring a larger community together.

Really didn't resolve the issue on the consumer side at all. But hey, probably saved them a lot of money.

Compsiox

Banned
So, there's no plan, again?

Yep, Destiny 3 will be the same way. Lesson learned Bungie. In 5 years when their new franchise comes about I hope they are much more careful and don't let one person write the story/structure of the game unsupervised.

There is no excuse for a lack of end game. It was the major complaint of Destiny 1 and the endgame is even worse in Destiny 2.

At least the grinding in Destiny 1 for exotics, gear rolls, and materials gave you something to do.
I have been 305 light level in Destiny 2 since week 4 and have had no incentive to touch the game since.

It's really disappointing.

jimboton

By all accounts, having to ship (and thus restructure Destiny 1) is the only reason we got a Destiny at all. Yeah they're behind and always seem to be playing catch up, but the alternative is development hell and political infighting while they chase creating the perfect game.

Comparing it to a hypothetical unreleased game is pointless, imo.

What revisionist history is this? Vanilla had Vault of Glass and chasing a couple random drops. Thats it. How is that ”great"?

He probably means it at least had one good raid (worth doing more than once), and some exotic and legendary drops actually worth chasing. What does D2 have? The only point in D2 favor against D1 vanilla is Trials.

cilonen

Worse weapon loadout system. Two primaries make every fight a tedious chore with enemies who have too much life and drop too little ammo to give your heavy slot enough use to make up for the lack of shotguns, fusions and snipers. Those weapons being in the heavy slot was a bad design decision for PvE in order to balance PvP. At end game rockets are still the king of PvE content (utility wise) which makes using shotguns and snipers useless.

Supers, grenades, and abilities are also now much less frequent which added another way to really approach the game. Now you have far fewer ways to vary encounters by playing around with your weapons and abilities because everything has been neutered and streamlined for the sake of balance (PvP balance mind you). This also adds to fights feeling more drawn out.

Additionally, enemies now scale to your level which compounds the above problems. Why am I 305 playing a 240 nightfall and losing my shields in 3 shots even when no burn is active, but in the raid (level 270) I can take about 15 shots before my shields even get into red? You never feel like your power level has gotten you anywhere because enemies now scale with you.

I also don't think the strikes or nightfalls have been an improvement here either. Those were my favorite non raid activities in D1 and now I refuse to touch strikes because theyre long, boring, and I'm still fighting large bullet sponge bosses, and now I'm not even getting loot to make it worth it. Nightfalls having permanent time limits was another bad call imo, especially so because the mechanics for increasing time are typically the "shoot anomalies" modifier. This essentially means play hide and seek with little bright lights in order to buy your team enough time to complete the NF, and unless you watched a video on where they are, youre likely running the nightfall more than once by necessity since odds are you aren't finding them fast enough the first time through to buy enough time that matters. I want to shoot enemies and play the mission, not have a scavenger hunt in obscure areas in order to keep playing the mission (where failure means starting over).

The raid is also a big step down from those in D1 which is the biggest disappointment to me. Raids are why I play. Leviathan is not rewarding from a loot perspective nor a "fun" perspective, with the majority of the rooms and encounters being retreads of previous mechanics.

The story is better from Vanilla destiny but not a step above what we got in TTK (probably on par) and even then its pretty lackluster when compared to most non destiny stories as well.

Infusion system is worse now that weapon types are specific prerequisites for infusing and the mod system hasn't been anywhere near the changes most of us would have hoped for based on how Bungie talked about them adding variety to gear. Weapons and gear are now super generic and lack any meaningful unique abilities like those in D1, and the new additions of grenade launchers (lol) and SMGs are completely trivial.

I could keep going but those are my major issues with the PvE, and I can't for the life of me believe people thinking QoL improvements like not going back to orbit are worth the major step backs in terms of gameplay.

Absolutely spot on. These are my issues too. If only the mod system wasn't just a superficial +5 and some minor effect then we could truly get rid of the need for god rolls (which TBH I don't like) for a deep and customisable weapon modding system.

I would add the lack of ammo synthesis and ammo management also now sucks too. We've had multiple runs on nightfall bosses and the Calus encounter where half the crew are out of ammo so we can't do anything.

Honestly, i'm far more frustrated & disappointed with the game than I ever thought i'd be, and i'm someone who spent nearly 1000 hours playing the first game over its 3 years.

What I find most glaring about Destiny 2 is that so many of its problems are reminiscent of a developer who has never done a loot driven game before.

Lets look at the current implementation for Iron Banner versus its implementation in D1:

Destiny 2 Iron Banner:
-Gives you access to the IB playlist & entire engram loot table for a week.
-Daily challenges help you get more tokens. 20 tokens (give or take) for an Engram.
-IB Engram has a chance for both IB loot & non-IB loot.
-IB Engram also doesn't feature elevated weights for items you have already gotten from it. I've currently gotten 4 of the pulse rifle, 2 of the grenade launchers, 3 of the warlock bonds, 2 of the sidearm, 2 of the fusion rifle.
-Post match rewards for the IB playlist do not feature IB Engram loot tables items.

Destiny 1 Iron Banner:
-Gives you access to the IB playlist & a selection of the current IB loot table.
-Daily bounties that must be collected & completed. There is also a buff that could be purchased with one of the currencies that allows you to double the rate by which you gained faction rep on any given day. This buff also got exponentially stronger the further into the week you got it, helping you to catch up if you only got to play on the last few days.
-Loot table was only purchasable through a faction level system; you gained levels during the event & each level let you purchase a few new tiers of the currently selected IB loot.
-Post-match rewards in the IB playlist have the current IB loot table, along with items that are not currently available in the IB Vendor's current loot selection.

The whole goal of IB is to present a PvP oriented event to allow you a chance at a set of gear that is all oriented towards that type of activity. However, D1's implementation of Iron Banner trounces Destiny 2's implementation. Now, I could see if this was another developer making a Destiny-lite game, but this is the same company taking literal steps back in how they both present & give players access to loot in a feature they already had & supported for the last 3 years.

Playing matches in the current IB is the most disheartening thing; I went from having a lot of fun collecting tokens & getting engrams on Tuesday to already not playing the mode anymore 2 days later. The reason? The heavy repeats on the engrams that i've gotten, not to mention the quality of the loot itself has been pretty low given this is a limited time event and I have to grind to get this gear regardless - the guns i've gotten outside of the pulse rifle have been straight up useless, which was never something I said about IB loot in the last game. So, tons of repeated loot on the engram rolls, the loot itself has been mostly low quality (I hear the only worthwhile guns are the Pulse Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, & Auto Rifle), so even when I do get a gun its been fairly disappointing, and I have to constantly grind to get a chance at one loot roll, whereas in the last game just playing the mode gave me a chance to get loot from the IB loot table that I wanted.

These kind of growing pains would've been acceptable in Destiny 1 year 1. But its been 3 years - the fact that the game is this awful of a loot driven game & this discouraging to play just leaves me in a place where I want to leave the series forever, not because I don't feel the game won't ever get better (i'm sure they'll fix a lot of the game's current issues next September) but rather, I just have no confidence Bungie won't take a few steps back on some big content push & make the game wholly unfun to play for seemingly no reason. Or the current stuff they do implement just seems like a repeat of mistakes they've already made.

Truant

I thing Destiny's biggest problem is the lack of content. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem Bungie or Destiny lends itself to a model that continually releases new content on a regular basis.

I still have a hard time understanding how this could happen a second time. Why didn't they learn anything from D1?

At least I know I'll wait for D3 first expansion before I get fooled a third time.

It's the development cycle, I'm almost positive. They probably started development for D2 effectively right after D1's release. By the time they really started getting into the fixes and trying things out, it was probably too late to add them into D2. If it follows a three-year cycle, D3 will probably fall into the same trap. What amazes me is they didn't already know the blaring issues at the time of Destiny 1's release. Any competent game designer or QA feedback teams would have already told them I'm sure.

At this point, they should do everyone a favor, give the Destiny IP to Blizzard and close down

Because frankly they're manchildren who have short term memories and can't learn anything even if their fucking miserable lives depended on it

Also, I want to cosign the criticism that Destiny 2 PvP is just straight up worse than Destiny 1's in every conceivable way. Its like they sat down & decided "How do we make our competitive MP less fun?", cause honestly, thats the only thing they managed to achieve in this game.

GlamFM

Banned
At this point, they should do everyone a favor, give the Destiny IP to Blizzard and close down

Because frankly they're manchildren who have short term memories and can't learn anything even if their fucking miserable lives depended on it

Dude....

sinkfla87

To call anything about the Leviathan lazy is unfair and untrue... Semantically speaking. Of course the Raid and just like any other component of D2 (or any videogame for that matter) is a technical mountain to climb in regards to developing and coding, etc. Personally, I don't love The Leviathan raid but I don't hate it either and I've had more fun running it than I did with Oryx which I fucking abhor. With all that said, I completely understand why someone would say it's lazy.

Mild spoilers:

For one, recycling the beginning relic section several times feels like an artificial padding to make the Raid seem longer than it actually is. And it's not even a fun encounter (YMMV). Alternatively, going through the underbelly gets old quick.

Additionally, and I think this is the biggest reason that people feel let down is that with the sequel everyone wanted some brand new game changing mechanics that they have never seen in a raid before. Something memorable kind of like the Death Zamboni in WotM (which was both hilarious and amazing.) Unfortunately, there's really nothing in this current raid that couldn't have been done in the previous ones and in fact the encounters feel very derivative of old mechanics we have been dealing with for years. Platforms and rotation? Been done. Shoot at a Boss that is practically stationary the whole time? Been done. Splitting teams between dimensions? Been done. Stealth navigation through- well you get the idea. I would have liked to see some fresh ideas and brand new mechanics.

Also, raid gear is kinda shitty now.

Edit: If I didn't make it clear the first time, I DO have more fun in the Leviathan than I ever did in Oryx lol.

DeaDPo0L84

you have been one of the most hostile posters on this forum in regards to Destiny and the irony of you calling them manchildren is amazing.

DeeJ.

Less bullshit more content, especially when the community is pissed for the most part.

It always was going to be a step back from D1 year 3. That is 3 years worth of content. If they just carried all that over people would have bitched about reusing assets. Bungie cannot win because the various vocal crowds are diametrically opposed. That is not to excuse Bungie's decision to make the crucible a balanced, bland, boring experience. Also, the game feels "flat". That said, I will do some IB tonight.

No-one (that’s reasonable) expects 3 years worth of “content”.

What is reasonable however, is to expect the changes that were made to carryover, and the same/similar mistakes/issues not to re-occur.

GlamFM

Banned
DeeJ.

Less bullshit more content, especially when the community is pissed for the most part.

No-one (that’s reasonable) expects 3 years worth of “content”.

What is reasonable however, is to expect the changes that were made to carryover, and the same/similar mistakes/issues not to re-occur.

The BWU was written by Cozmo this week.

Also I don’t know how acknowledging the problem is making it worse.

Melchiah

I still have a hard time understanding how this could happen a second time. Why didn't they learn anything from D1?

At least I know I'll wait for D3 first expansion before I get fooled a third time.

Well, the D2 sales have proved that many of the consumers didn't learn anything from D1 either. There's no reason to change, when it sells despite of the same flaws.

Luckily, I managed to resist the urge to buy D2 at launch. I learned my lesson with D1, and I'll be waiting for the year two expansion.

Yep, Destiny 3 will be the same way. Lesson learned Bungie. In 5 years when their new franchise comes about I hope they are much more careful and don't let one person write the story/structure of the game unsupervised.

Let alone change the classes and weapons for the worse for PVP's sake, and introduce microtransactions to shaders that worked perfectly fine before. Hopefully, at least some of them will be fixed by the time the expansion arrives.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I hope it's not people that played destiny 2 for 300+ hours and afterwards complain there is nothing to do.

Reminds me of the diablo 3 fanbase.

I played destiny for about 160 hours i guess and i am fine with the fact there is nothing else to do for me atm ill wait for the expansion.

GlamFM

Banned
I hope it's not people that played destiny 2 for 300+ hours and afterwards complain there is nothing to do.

Reminds me of the diablo 3 fanbase.

I played destiny for about 160 hours i guess and i am fine with the fact there is nothing else to do for me atm ill wait for the expansion.

Ideally the game should satisfy everybody, no?

Arnie

Given the demands of work and life I'm not remotely concerned with them taking a month or two to get things right.

I think the game is phenomenal and I'm only just at 225pl on my first character. I've got a long way to go until I'm exhausted with what's there.

Haven't even tackled a Strike yet, let alone a raid, or the World Quests.

The BWU was written by Cozmo this week.

Also I don’t know how acknowledging the problem is making it worse.

I forgot Cozmo even existed.

Acknowledging the problem is the bare minimum. Like, no shit they know there’s problems, if they weren’t aware of that I’d be lost for words.

Well, the D2 sales have proved that many of the consumers didn't learn anything from D1 either. There's no reason to change, when it sells despite of the same flaws.

Luckily, I managed to resist the urge to buy D2 at launch. I learned my lesson with D1, and I'll be waiting for the year two expansion.

Let alone change the classes and weapons for the worse for PVP's sake, and introduce microtransactions to shaders that worked perfectly fine before. Hopefully, at least some of them will be fixed by the time the expansion arrives.

In fairness, I think for many of us who felt stung by D1, there was a fair amount of leeway given to Bungie considering:

- It was a brand new IP.
- It had been in development hell/story ripped apart.
- It was Bungies first attempt at this type of game.

As for D2, I was looking forward to it because D1Y3 had shown that they were on the right track and had made some awesome changes. It wasn’t perfect, (separate PvE and PvP goddammit!) but it was a damn sight better than D1Y1, and surely we wouldn’t be taking any backwards steps because they’ve shown they know what they’re doing...right?

Well...

They don’t have the same leeway on this occasion.

They’ve had 3 years at this, to plan the story, to look back at what they managed to get right, and more importantly, what they got wrong and then implemented to resolve it.

Yet, they seem to have forgotten all about that and threw all of that away, or just didn’t bother to implement any of it due to time constraints, which I find hard to believe personally.

Alo0oy

Banned
I hope they're not listening to the people that want random rolls back, or want less frequent loot, or want to remove clan rewards.

If any of that happens, I'm out.

sinkfla87

Given the demands of work and life I'm not remotely concerned with them taking a month or two to get things right.

I think the game is phenomenal and I'm only just at 225pl on my first character. I've got a long way to go until I'm exhausted with what's there.

Haven't even tackled a Strike yet, let alone a raid, or the World Quests.

With the exception of nightfall, the initial milestone and a particular quest you won't even have to! Hehe...

Anyway, I don't really know what people expected from Bungie this early on in regards to detailed information. Yeah it gets old always hearing that they're listening but not explicitly addressing the particulars of what they're referring to in regards of hearing, but things take time. A lot of changes that the community wants will be hefty endeavors I'm sure and the worst thing they can do is promise a bunch of fixes and shit and due to unforeseen circumstances not deliver. The problem is the game feels like we're starting from square 1 ala D1 all over again and nobody wants to wait as long as they had to then to get the changes they want. The story and campaign is light years better here, but many other aspects feel like reductions of the original game.

They made a concious decision to remove some of the grindy elements and to be honest, I don't see them going back on that fully ever.

Top Bottom