• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

Blame!

you know what, this shit will get announced later at some point.

so who cares? we'll find out sooner or later.

imo MS wins E3 with or without this piece of info so ...... yeah.

I just hope no one else tries to make a Halo FPS during the series lifetime. Bungie is the only reason that Halo really shines.
plus the universe

Pre said:
Judging by how Luke would have reacted to this if he was still at 1up, I'd say that Bungie is likely dead serious about this. I don't think Luke would agree with pushing a bullshit marketing ploy.

This is the only reason I believe this...

Bryant

Jtwo said:
thumbsdown.gif

noob.jpg

:lol I love that guy

jacobs34

Whatever happens I doubt we'll have to wait that long to hear whatever they have for us. Especially if the hardware sales continue as they are, expect to see whatever Bungie is up to, REAL SOON.

JdFoX187

Banned
BakedPigeon said:
I just hope no one else tries to make a Halo FPS during the series lifetime. Bungie is the only reason that Halo really shines.
plus the universe
Any competent dev could make a Halo game. There's nothing in there that hasn't been done somewhere else just as good.

Proelite

BakedPigeon said:
plus the universe
I disagree, I think that the Halo Universe became extremely cliched and uninspiring after Halo 1. I would rather have the Bioshock or Valve writers do the story portion of the future Halo games. Even Infinity Ward have become much better at presentation lately than Bungie.

I'm not saying this announcement is some sort of ploy or anything, just looking at what has been posted.
I am going to continue to remain dubious until the end of the week, mo.st likely until this week's weekly update.

Kongo said:
Im still kind of disappointed at this, i went onto the Bungie forums and noticed it was complete chaos in there and i read around, refreshed my countdown page and saw what happened. Then i also noticed a thread that says that if you keep an eye on the Bungie logo on the top left of the page, every so often the Superintendent will be shown for a few seconds. It also appears that the new message where the countdown is shown that there is a new message on the side. Compare these 2 images to see what i mean.

First (Without the text on the side)
http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Reboot_homePage_03.jpg

Second (Newest one with the message on the side)
http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Reboot_homePage_04.jpg

Another thing i noticed is where the image is placed. The image was placed in the games category so we know its a game, and the fact that it says "Reboot_homePage_04" makes me wonder what Reboot is referring to.l

The changed text on Reboot_homePage_04.jpg is reversed. It appears to read:

N4 B4 N47H4 < 1 DB >

The text on Reboot_homePage_03.jpg is not reversed but is harder to make out. It appears to read:

D34 ?h 4 N3 3L < 1 OB >

Everything else in the background appears exactly the same so why make this little change?

Proelite said:
I disagree, I think that the Halo Universe became extremely cliched and uninspiring after Halo 1. I would rather have the Bioshock or Valve writers do the story portion of the future Halo games. Even Infinity Ward have become much better at presentation lately than Bungie.

It's a little different to me since I have read the books I guess.
unless you have of course

why the fuck is everyone blaming Microsoft for doing this. after the dissapointment that was Halo 3, MS would really want this game or anything to be a blockbuster.

ATF487

This reminds me of the speculation of the Wii having a projector or something in the SD card flap. :lol

There's nothing more to it, guys. This isn't some ilovebees type game; either another announcement influenced this one, or something broke at the last minute.

Proelite

BakedPigeon said:
It's a little different to me since I have read the books I guess.
unless you have of course

I am strictly talking about the presentation, pacing, and dialogue of Halo 2 and 3. COD4, despite the crap gameplay in its single player, and my blood pumping at some parts.

Fuck. I was waiting for this. Fucking crazy shit MS. First I thought this could be small XBLA game but now it better not be. I can't see MS changing its plans abruptly for XBLA game at last moment. Sure XBLA game from Bungie will sell tons but it's not a full scale retail price game.

Only thing strange to me at this point is what is Bungie waiting for to go back to normal homepage on the website? No need keep viral page up now except message from Harold Ryan.

artredis1980 said:
why the fuck is everyone blaming Microsoft for doing this. after the dissapointment that was Halo 3, MS would really want this game or anything to be a blockbuster.

How much sales and how many copies considered blockbuster debut in your world?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Found on the Bungie forums:
Also, the "destination" time of the timer is offset by 7 hours (as I figured out when I put that time into my own timer). It will actually end at 7:07:07 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, 7/16.
Kinda interesting.

Proelite said:
I know the universe is deep, but the dialogues and pacing of Halo 2 and Halo 3 was so ho-hum compared to the first one. I never got the sense of despair, hopelessness, and urgency that I had in the last 3 levels of Halo 1 that I had in both games.

Really?

Halo 3 had that crazy, almost hopeless race to the top of that building, when the Flood was sending everything they had at you.

Then the race on the Warthog at the end was also nail biting.

Hootie

Proelite said:
I never got the sense of despair, hopelessness, and urgency that I had in the last 3 levels of Halo 1 that I had in both games.

Wow I just remembered those levels...they really were like you described. I should replay that game soon.

Proelite

UltimaPooh said:
Really?

Halo 3 had that crazy, almost hopeless race to the top of that building, when the Flood was sending everything they had at you.

Then the race on the Warthog at the end was also nail biting.

Maybe it was the flood or something but I was pretty sure I was going to make it to the top of the building. :lol

And the race on the Warthog was totally not nail biting since I've already done it in Legendary with an actual timer in the first Halo. -_-

It might be the fact that I am six years older than I was when I played Halo 1. Tricks that used to work on me now don't. :lol

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I'm not saying this announcement is some sort of ploy or anything, just looking at what has been posted.
I am going to continue to remain dubious until the end of the week, mo.st likely until this week's weekly update.
It's not a joke, Dax. Not. A. Joke.

Proelite said:
Maybe it was the flood or something but I was pretty sure I was going to make it to the top of the building. :lol

You made it on your first try? Because it was pretty difficult.

It's mostly the imagery that made that level cool because you come into this wide open area, and then some flood start dropping, then alot more flood, and then tons of flood, and then you have to survive till the doors open.

And the race on the Warthog was totally not nail biting since I've already done it in Legendary with an actual timer. -_-

Granted.

But in the Halo 3 version, the tiles drop from underneath you, and if you fall behind because of an explosion well you fall.

I do agree, now that I think about it, the timer was more nail biting.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this thread actually inspired me to pick up Halo again...god i still love this game. bungie now i remember why i fucking love you.

Dirtbag

artredis1980 said:

what is this youtube?

Top Bottom