• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

SliChillax

Definitely, with a 780Ti I was getting around 80-130 FPS at 2560x1440. Pretty steady high 60s with 2X Supersampling, although it does briefly dip into the 50s and up to the 80s at times. Keep in mind I have a gsync'd monitor so this is with vsync off.

This bodes well for me, I have the Rog Swift and a 4GB 680.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Visual look mixed bag, sometimes great sometimes average.

I noticed that on the XBOX one, cut scenes looked great and transition to game play suddenly just average.

What's your VRAM usage at
Haven't used afterburner in forever, will say in a few minutes.

And the logos are skippable, hitting escape as you launch as you at the main menu within a second.
What's your VRAM usage at

Visual look mixed bag, sometimes great sometimes average.

I noticed that on the XBOX one, cut scenes looked great and transition to game play suddenly just average.
Yep, cutscenes look much better in general and the transition is always very obvious even when it's midmission.

Ulysses 31

So any of the SP looks like this:

1399069692-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-1.jpg

1399069692-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-2.jpg

1399069692-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

image_call_of_duty_advanced_warfare-25280-2939_0001.jpg

image_call_of_duty_advanced_warfare-25280-2939_0003.jpg

haveheart

Banned
Yes, we'd have heard about it if they moved to something entirely different. That still doesn't mean it's the "Quake III Engine" any more than Source is the "Quake Engine."

It's a good engine. It's playable. Doesn't set new graphics standards but guarantees fluid gameplay. I prefer playability over looks...

walk away frostbite

The single player preload is 6.6 GB and the multiplayer is 36.5 GB... say what? I have the space but I'm just wondering why the SP component needs that much. Is this like Titanfall's uncompressed audio?

The single player preload is 6.6 GB and the multiplayer is 36.5 GB... say what? I have the space but I'm just wondering why the SP component needs that much. Is this like Titanfall's uncompressed audio?
Single player is all I have installed at the moment and it takes up 45 GBs

Morzak

I'm having big problems with the Texture quality A lot of textures look like they aren't properly loaded. The game uses nearly the whole 3 GB VRAM of my 780. I tried with high and extreme textures but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The game Runs at 100-130 FPS in Single player but that could be because of the Texture Issue.

One last batch to show another early area, and the general ground texture/enemy model quality.

Memory usage is at 3000 in the area above so it seems to be maxing out the vram. Whether it would do that on any card I can't say though!

I'm having big problems with the Texture quality A lot of textures look like they aren't properly loaded. The game uses nearly the whole 3 GB VRAM of my 780. I tried with high and extreme textures but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The game Runs at 100-130 FPS in Single player but that could be because of the Texture Issue.
Do you have the shadow/sun cache settings turned on? Seems to be bugged, man the game look like it was an early PS3 game for me.

LilJoka

If anyone wants to see how MP plays, here's my stream

www.twitch.tv/naedtrax

Nice, your pretty good at this too.
Game looks quite fun.

Man, as a console only guy it's honestly hard to watch a PC stream. The movement is SO twitchy it's kinda making me motion sick, and I don't ever get motion sick.

Its odd, but usually you wont get the feeling if you are in control. Same as people who get car sick, they are ok if they are driving. And playing at 60fps really helps this too, i think the stream is 30fps.

Is twitch still banning people for steaming it? If not I'll do the campaign for those interested.
Man, as a console only guy it's honestly hard to watch a PC stream. The movement is SO twitchy it's kinda making me motion sick, and I don't ever get motion sick.
Controller is a beat up ford from the 1940s, mouse is a Lamborghini Huracan :p

Morzak

One last batch to show another early area, and the general ground texture/enemy model quality.

Memory usage is at 3000 in the area above so it seems to be maxing out the vram. Rather it would do that on any card I can't say though!

Do you have the shadow/sun cache settings turned on? Seems to be bugged, man the game look like it was an early PS3 game for me.

Yeah I will try to turn it off, it really looked horrible like when UE3 games wouldn't stream textures fast enough..... Thanks for the tipp will try it out.

Cutscenes just look so much better than the actual gameplay, and it does midmission transitions all the time so it's really noticeable.

Skyzard

Banned

Tbh this stream looks insane.

The game looks like it's on ultra speed.

Faster than Quake and UT. At least two times as fast.

So yeah, arena shooter on steroids with a military skin. I don't have the energy for that chaos.

I have the energy. But no. Not without dedicated servers. Might as well just be frag grenade only matches otherwise.

Qassim

I understand the motion sickness when watching twitchy mouseplay. The problem is that when you're playing with a keyboard and mouse, your eyes and your mouse movements are just naturally in sync, you don't get that feeling.

When you're watching it, however, it's a different story. You're not in control and you don't naturally know where to look.

My example is bhopping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5pxXdFEWe0

I can play it for hours, but can't watch it for more than a minute.

zinder

So conflicted whether I should get this on PC or PS4... Was dead set getting it for PS4 after issues from the previous CoDs, but this one seems smooth and has a FOV slider and everything.. does anyone have any idea when Steam unlocks it in Europe?

I absolutely love the sound design in this game. I like the guns to have a mid/low range sound because high pitches become grating quickly in a shooter like this. Also love the suit sound effects, etc.

It's what non-aim assist footage looks like

Aim assist has nothing to do with what I said, but ok. lol

Aim assist has nothing to do with what I said, but ok. lol
It absolutely does, if you play games with a controller you're used to very slowly moving your view around with a stick and locking on to jerk yourself around. With a mouse you can very quickly, and smoothly go from one point to another in less than a second. Would look twitchy for someone not used to it.

Maybe it is just the depth of field, but the cutscenes are such a step up from the rest of the game. I don't think it is though, look at the detail in Spacey's Jacket or your roboarm. That sort of stuff just doesn't seem to pop up in the actual gameplay, I don't know.

Edit: I realize the last paragraph above makes no sense, and I apologize :p

Kinthalis

Banned

LO! I feel the complete opposite way.

Console gameplay of any shooter looks like someone is playing a tank simulator. Everything is ponderous and so loose.

PC is precise, deliberate, and moves quickly.

Can't stand watching FPS games being played on a console.

Half the time I'm screaming - CHECK YOUR CORNERS!!! Then I realize if you did that on a console you'd have to stand still for like a minute gyrating to one corner then the other, vs a split second on PC and then you understand why almost no one does that on consoles. And yet it's sitll irritating.

Karak

Maybe it is just the depth of field, but the cutscenes are such a step up from the rest of the game. I don't think it is though, look at the detail in Spacey's Jacket or your roboarm. That sort of stuff just doesn't seem to pop up in the actual gameplay, I don't know.

It is a massive jump in the cutscenes with a couple instances looking just insanely good.

It absolutely does, if you play games with a controller you're used to very slowly moving your view around with a stick and locking on to jerk yourself around. With a mouse you can very quickly, and smoothly go from one point to another in less than a second. Would look twitchy for someone not used to it.

If by smooth you mean jerking from one spot to another in a fraction of a second, yeah.

I've already seen a PS4 stream with a guy playing on high sensitivity, and it's possible to move very quickly on the console version too, but just not insane levels seen from a kb/m.

It is a massive jump in the cutscenes with a couple instances looking just insanely good.
The cutscenes just seem to have higher texture quality overall and better IQ, although for the former it might just be that the depth of field hides any offending elements and they made it so that what you are looking at looks great. It's just a matter of going from "Wow, this looks incredible" to "This looks pretty good"

If by smooth you mean jerking from one spot to another in a fraction of a second, yeah.

I've already seen a PS4 stream with a guy playing on high sensitivity, and it's possible to move very quickly on the console version too, but just not insane levels seen from a kb/m.
You aren't twitching on a mouse and keyboard though which is the difference. It's all based around your DPI settings. On a controller with the sensitivity cranked you will very quickly twitch from one spot to another with no fine control. On a mouse however your dpi settings make it so that you have full control at all times, where fine movements can come from either a very small movement or a large one.

Hawk269

Thread is moving quickly...

Anyone playing at 4k? How is performance? Is it utilizing SLI systems properly?

Thanks!

Qassim

LO! I fele the complete opposite way.

Console gameplay of any shooter looks like someone is playign a tank simulator. Everythign is ponderous and so loose.

PC is precise, deliberate, and moves quickly.

Can't stand watching FPS game sbeing played on a console.

Haha yeah, watching people play with pads does look like they're driving around in a weird jerky tank.

I haven't looked closely into, much less touched a CoD since 4, can't believe they're still doing the whole lipstick on a pig thing with their engine.

Tak3n

Banned
As much as I would like to get the PC version, watching the streams made me realise going controller, even with aim assist in MP wont be pretty...

Love my couch PC to much to change

Top Bottom