• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

raviolico

Yeah because they haven't made any warfare games that were modern....

I stopped being a COD fan a few years ago and although i wont be getting this game. Im pleasantly surprised to see that they made it in the future. It seems like a, geeky, bold step. Its pretty cool but man those graphics... so bad... Is 60 frames per second really worth such a shitty looking game? i understand you want fluidity in multiplayer but focus a bit more on graphics for the Campaign, make is ooh and aah instead of cringe during the campaign.

BTW why are people saying this is more modern? modern means current times. If i remember correctly 2025 isnt current.

i know, opinions, yeah.....but this looks like "shit" for you? at 60fps? for real???
are you from 2025?
i feel the urge to post that NeoGaf.gif....

i know, opinions, yeah.....but this looks like "shit" for you? at 60fps? for real???
are you from 2025?
i feel the urge to post that NeoGaf.gif....

yeah, it looks bad. If you're a PC gamer, it's obnoxiously bad, since current graphics cards run better looking shooters at or close to 60.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Pick a path and the new single-player mode, Strike Force

Dave Anthony, game director on Black Ops 2, says he used to love choose your own adventures, and that, for years, he's wanted to bring something similar to Call of Duty.

"For the first time," he says, "player decisions will impact the story."

He explains that this will work in two ways:

Key decisions will have significance from a narrative point of view, but so will skill. How well you do will influence the narrative's outcome. Main squad members and villains' henchmen will live or die depending on what you do and how you do it.
Strike-force-final

He says these won't be small impacts. The result of the new Cold War and the success of Raul Menendez will depend solely on the player.

"At end of campaign," Anthony says, "you'll see how things could have been different."

interesting.
But if this callofduty ends up with an ending that is more player shaped from MassEffefct3 i'll lol......! :)
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/2/2991601/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-detailed

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Mr. Graphic, where art thou?

Other than that, looks like an ok game. Nothing special, but will surely do it for CoD fans.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
And of course, can't wait for those horses to glitch the shit out of themselves.

Deus Ex music with Dubstep. Yep, that's whats future like in 2025.

That said, sorry DICE but you just got beaten to BF 2143 sequel and even if you make it, people will always compare you to Blops 2.

Polk

Neither MW3 or Black Ops trailers has the X360 vignette on their youtube channel.

LOS ANGELES, June 14, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ — Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced today a multi-year agreement that will continue to bring Call of Duty(R) game add ons and map packs first to Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. The news was revealed today to a capacity-crowd at Microsoft’s Xbox 360 E3 press conference in Los Angeles. The agreement which began in 2009 now extends for all add ons and map packs from the mega-blockbuster Call of Duty(R) franchise through 2012.

This could mean once DLC for MW3 stop coming later this year, deal is over.
Unless they extend it of course.

-PXG-

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm interested.

This could either be brilliant or terrible. I got a MGS4 vibe from the beginning

War....has changed...

:p

Graphics look dated as hell though. Jesus.

At the end it will probably turn out to be some group of nerdy kids controlling all the drones a la WarGames.

I once had this dream where there was a hall full of gamers being soldiers. Controlling wardrones, planes, bionic soldiers, etc.
It was pretty awesome.

Busty

Banned
Horses? Yes.

Everything else....., not so much.

Nothing very visually distinctive about the game. I can see why the developers wanted to keep the designs 'real world' rather than go all 'Robotech' on the drones and what not but it just seems so flat to me.

I don't see people going for this the way they did with the Black Ops game.

Eh, doesn't look all that appealing. Future/Sci-Fi is already incredibly overused. I would have preferred another game set in the past, without rehashing WWII.

Spookie

That must be the first trailer that has never managed to elicit a response from me: neither good or bad. It's left me simply indifferent. It was like watching the MW3 trailer again complete with inanimate object flying inches over the players perspective.

witness

Wow those story details sound really good. Being able to choose your path, how the story relates to the original BlOps, and how your performance effects the story all sound really good.

Goddamn you Treyarch.

I wish them the best of luck but i don't think i'll return to call of duty this generation. Whilst the new details sound promising, just not convinced by it so far.

At the minute, just sounds like mere puff.

The script writing is crap and that's enough for me to know I don't want to play it. Also 2025 is way to near future to be awesome, I donno if COD players will adapt from shooting tons of corpses to shooting robot controlled unmanned vehicles.
Doesn't seem as fun, but the strategies in multiplayer this might bring out could be really cool.

Nibel

y5GQ9.gif

Horses? Yes.

Everything else....., not so much.

Nothing very visually distinctive about the game. I can see why the developers wanted to keep the designs 'real world' rather than go all 'Robotech' on the drones and what not but it just seems so flat to me.

I don't see people going for this the way they did with the Black Ops game.

Lol, every year.

LowParry

I swear to the Nine Hells, MW3 was going to be my last COD ever......fuck. I've always wanted a more futuristic COD game. SP sounds pretty neat though MP is the big player in my purchase.

The last CoD I played was MW2 so with this change of setting I'm back in.

Those graphics are ROUGH though holy shit. If anything not called Call of Duty showed a trailer with some of those textures the majority of people would be shitting all over it.

The script writing is crap and that's enough for me to know I don't want to play it. Also 2025 is way to near future to be awesome, I donno if COD players will adapt from shooting tons of corpses to shooting robot controlled unmanned vehicles.
Doesn't seem as fun, but the strategies in multiplayer this might bring out could be really cool.

What the hell does this mean?

Anyone??

People loved trying to get ghost pro in blops.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm surprised by GAF's positive reactions. I thought we would destroy this game.

I'm in the "Day None" boat for now.

Deus Ex music with Dubstep. Yep, that's whats future like in 2025.

That said, sorry DICE but you just got beaten to BF 2143 sequel and even if you make it, people will always compare you to Blops 2.

And what most people will never know is that DICE made it to the future first in 2142.

eGregiovs

Neo Member
New model, more options but same engine -- trolled again.

I sure hope Treyarch fixed the net code, improved lag compensation and hit detection.

Looks fucking awesome. But my inner military is crying bullshit at the technological jump. Yes, the military has some crazy ass shit the public doesn't know about, but for all that shit to be standardized in the next 15 years? Yeah, no. Should've been 2040 or something.

steadfast

You can still have a shitty-looking game rendered in DX11. Don't get excited about any of this until it's seen in motion.

Also, they'll copy/paste the MaxPayne 3 specs.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm going to need about a 80% reduction in the amount of straight shooting galleries, from MW3, to be remotely interested in this game. I'm completely over that shit.

Also, the last BLOPS was hardly playable online for the PS3. They should try and fix that.

Top Bottom