• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PC/XB1/PS4) reveal trailer, screens, info, more [Read OP]

Overboost

Dont think we should give them that much credit.
Dont forget the 3 year cycle is new. If this was the normal cycle, they should have revealed their MP around september last year, so if anything they will be like 8 months over the usual timeframe.
Not sure it works that way. Obviously Activision wouldn't show MP for the 2015 game before the 2014 game hit store shelves, though I think I get your point... keep in mind part of the reason they're on a 3-year dev cycle now is because these games are being made for modern consoles, and that requires a lot more dev time. New tech, higher resolutions (up to 4K on PC) to create, more sophisticated AI, etc.
This game sounds awesome but is a graphical disaster. Wonder what is the root cause of this.

Footage is pre-alpha so there's time for improvements. About six months actually!

Mendax

My guess is we'll see some campaign stuff between now and E3. MP for E3 and Gamescom. Zombies closer to release.

why would that be? It has always been campaign at e3 and multiplayer at a separate event after e3. (And playable mp at gamescom).

Overboost

Dead Silence confirmed:
IMG_4057.png

KnWUMK2.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean combat knife when no secondary weapon is set? If so then I welcome this change with open arms.

Yeah that's how it works.

Anyone having trouble redeeming their beta? I can't get into my activision account. I tied to enter a password in but it wouldnt accept it. I thought maybe I just didnt remember my password so I tried to reset it.

When I tried entering a new password they just refused to accept it like it didn't match the requirements, which aren't that strict.

8-10 characters
at least 1 letter and 1 number
no sequential characters (123, abc etc)
no repeating characters (aaa, 111, etc)

I even tried making a password with just random letters numbers and other characters and it wouldn't accept.

Logging in through facebook gave me an error too,

Thank god I'm not the only one, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong.

EL CUCO

Just got my code from Amazon, but Call of Duty website still having sign in errors :/

Edit: Got in on the 3rd try. Now I'm just not sure if to keep my Amazon digital pre-order or move it over to PSN directly.

Amazon says code will be available on Midnight PST, but I'm in EST. Hopefully PSN works on my actual timezone.

EatMyFace

Banned
Dont think we should give them that much credit.
Dont forget the 3 year cycle is new. If this was the normal cycle, they should have revealed their MP around september last year, so if anything they will be like 8 months over the usual timeframe.

zzz-gifhmmmaybe_thumb%25255B1%25255D.gif

Guess im back in.....
Why would they reveal BO3 multi before Advanced Warfare was even out? Lmfao

Is Tactical Insertion coming back ?

yes please.
So you can boost? I used it tactically and I have to say I've not missed it.

If they do bring it back, that's fine but the boosting is so annoying, not that they want to look super l33t and max prestige but sometimes they ruin a game by calling in the ridiculous streaks and don't 'boost responsibly' as it were, so I hope they can think of something to curb that, but still have it.

Obviously I'll wait till I know more about it before I make up my mind but from Drift0r's description of how boost movement is in this game things like wall running and so on just seem rather superfluous as abilities if you're on the ground 90% of the time and have a finite amount of thrust to do this that only fills up when you're back on the ground.

Just wish this was a true successor to BO2. And not a mix of everything we have seen over the last year. BO2 was my favorite COD since 4.

I hate this new wave of wall jumping Titanfall meets Halo meets AW.

Its hot garbage.

Radec

So you can boost? I used it tactically and I have to say I've not missed it.

If they do bring it back, that's fine but the boosting is so annoying, not that they want to look super l33t and max prestige but sometimes they ruin a game by calling in the ridiculous streaks and don't 'boost responsibly' as it were, so I hope they can think of something to curb that, but still have it.

Boost?

what is this? MW2 ?

lol

DNAbro

God the site is completely shit for me. I think i had an account with an old email that I forgot the password. Used the recover password thing to change it, try to type in new password and no matter what I put in it doesn't accept it. So I decided to try and create a new account, and no matter what I put in as the email it doesn't accept it.

So annoying.

CryptiK

In COD, finding a low-latency game of one's liking quickly and with the ability to queue with friends is what most consider essential, not the ability to filter search criteria. Custom games now serve the purpose that rented servers did, and they're segregated from regular matchmaking as they ought to be. I hope going forward that customs will be hosted by dedicated servers too, though.
Finding a low latency game in the recent COD titles? Thats a laugh thanks to all this P2P bullshit, from the last couple of games. Sure have matchmaking when you are playing something like CSGO MM. But let people pick and choose their servers for everything else. Custom games need to have dedicated servers and rentable servers. The only reason they don't is because they will want to discontinue the game later on down the track. COD Cycle in full gear again. AW had all this praise until a couple of months after release.

Overboost

Just wish this was a true successor to BO2. And not a mix of everything we have seen over the last year. BO2 was my favorite COD since 4.
Fortunately, members of the press and YouTubers who've played it say the game feels far more like BO2 than AW, and the new movements are subtle and optional. Big focus on boots-on-the-ground and "guns up" approach is what I'm seeing/hearing so far. Hands-on at E3 and obviously the MP beta will paint a clearer picture.

Radec

Boosting was rife in BO2. Not so much for rank but instead people wanted the diamond camos, then they unleashed a swarm and ruined the game for everyone on the other side.

Haven't seen one and I got P10 on BO2.

And 70% of the time I'm in ground war.

Tac Insertion is mostly used on near B or choke points. Well that's how I use it.

Ambient80

Has anyone got a code for the beta after preordering on PSN, or will we get one? It may just be an automatic thing that we get in beta, dunno.

Top Bottom