• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PC/XB1/PS4) reveal trailer, screens, info, more [Read OP]

Overboost

Has anyone got a code for the beta after preordering on PSN, or will we get one? It may just be an automatic thing that we get in beta, dunno.

You're automatically signed up for the beta if you preorder digitally on console, no code required:

"7. I’ve pre-purchased my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops III through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Store, but I didn't receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code. Where can I locate my code?

You don't need one! Code redemption is not necessary for pre-purchases through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Store, as you are automatically validated to participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta. Once access to the beta is available, Sony or Microsoft will notify you."

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Beta-FAQ/

Ambient80

You're automatically signed up for the beta if you preorder digitally on console, no code required:

"7. I’ve pre-purchased my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops III through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Store, but I didn't receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code. Where can I locate my code?

You don't need one! Code redemption is not necessary for pre-purchases through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Store, as you are automatically validated to participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta. Once access to the beta is available, Sony or Microsoft will notify you."

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Beta-FAQ/

Man I am terrible at finding info. :p

Thanks fellas!

man i really hope they add footsteps back in the game.
Ghosts actually had good footstep volume.
AW is almost near silent, especially for someone with a large metal exosuit on.
Blops 2 you could barely hear a thing.

SDCowboy

Nope, I don't think so. Did it confirm that your beta code had been redeemed after entering it? No one I know has received any emails after redeeming so I guess it just doesn't work that way.

Yeah it said it was entered but I didn't get an email confirming it, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks man.

djshauny

Banned
Oh cool so just a huge fan.

Anyway, so were we supposed to get an email confirming that we redeemed our code or is it okay to cancel my pre-order now?

I entered mine and recieved no email after either. Same for 3 friends of mine. I guess we will get the beta key emailed to us when the beta goes live.

man i really hope they add footsteps back in the game.
Ghosts actually had good footstep volume.
AW is almost near silent, especially for someone with a large metal exosuit on.
Blops 2 you could barely hear a thing.

Footsteps have been fucked since Blops1. You could maybe hear them in MW3 with Sitrep Pro...maybe. Same with Ghosts.

I miss MW2 footsteps. Clearly audible without Sitrep Pro, basically the sound of stampeding elephants with it.

th4tguy

This game sounds awesome but is a graphical disaster. Wonder what is the root cause of this.

Where is everyone seeing video of the game? Only thing I've seen is some clips from campaign. All of the videos of youtubers talking about the event/ game have been showing BO2 footage.

Yeah, but that's from campaign. I will say this game does look to do a lot in each segment of the video. Tons of planes in the air, tons of troops on the ground. They have ramped up the scale a ton.

Multiplayer is in there too. Both these shots are MP along with several others:

heG5KAV.gif

neOyZAy.gif

Overboost

Where is everyone seeing video of the game? Only thing I've seen is some clips from campaign. All of the videos of youtubers talking about the event/ game have been showing BO2 footage.

Aside from the reveal trailer, several YouTubers also got a hands-on at Treyarch over the weekend, so while their gameplay footage may be BO2/AW, they're talking about BO3 features from experience playing the pre-alpha build.

Anybody know how this works with multiple beta codes? I wanted to try it out on PC and Xbone.

It lets me redeem another code after the first so I think I'm in the clear.

DOWN

Banned
I watched again and am baffled by all the gross off white sun. Looks like the game mostly takes place at some stagnant 4-5 pm hot headache day. This game is graphically and aesthetically low grade.

rakka

Hated Ghosts, skipped AW even though I was meaning to get it.... Loved BLOPS2.

Any word on kill times? Similar to BLOPS2 would be perfect.

BrunoM

I found something interesting in the cod trailer I'll be making a video tomorrow about it but I guess i saying to GAF its always ok lol

Gaf-internet-gaf lol

So the numbers (date) 06/21 show up in the trailer a saparate 7 times between being the times for news casts to being the time on the gold medal ceremony to being in some other parts

6-21 is something of importance and I'll dive more into it unless GAF wanna join me and let's do this lol

algert

Banned
Finding a low latency game in the recent COD titles? Thats a laugh thanks to all this P2P bullshit, from the last couple of games. Sure have matchmaking when you are playing something like CSGO MM. But let people pick and choose their servers for everything else. Custom games need to have dedicated servers and rentable servers. The only reason they don't is because they will want to discontinue the game later on down the track. COD Cycle in full gear again. AW had all this praise until a couple of months after release.

AW, Ghosts, and Black Ops II, the three most recent titles, all use dedicated servers for matchmaking, whatever issues you have with the connection quality in those games, "P2P bullshit" is not the culprit. A player host doesn't always result in a worse networking experience than a server host either, by the way. You say let people pick and choose their servers - that's what matchmaking already does with playlists - one pick's what they'd like to play, one's preference for games in progress, and is then placed into a game by geographic region that's determined to provide the lowest apparent latency when pinged. Maybe you think that's not enough, perhaps you'd like to play the same map again and again (browsing by map name), or join a game in progress that is close to being empty, rather than full (browsing by player count ascending) - if that's the case then you probably would prefer a server browser, but you're in the minority on that one.

There's plenty of room for improvement with matchmaking systems, though. There's also no need to have just one solution but not the other, server browsers have their own benefits and MW3 showed how it's possible to offer both at the same time. That said, from launch until today MW3 matchmaking playlists have absolutely dominated as the most utilized means of finding games relative to the server browser with player-controlled dedicated servers, 99% of those playing MW3 on PC at any given time are found in the matchmaking playlists.

You claim that rentable servers haven't been features in recent COD titles because Activision wants to discontinue the games, but the statistics available to us from Steam don't support that assertion. Relative to every other title from MW2 onward (except Ghosts, because it was simply an awful game), Black Ops has a lower concurrent player total and monthly average. This is in spite of Black Ops having a significantly higher concurrent peak in players at launch relative to every entry in the series to follow, all of which use matchmaking exclusively. Even MW2, Black Ops' older brother that also uses matchmaking, sees higher monthly averages in player count. If the powers that be are indeed trying to compromise the longevity of COD titles, and their chosen method of accomplishing that task is to implement matchmaking rather than a server browser as a means of finding a game, they ought to adopt a new approach because the numbers show it's having the opposite effect on PC.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-does-matchmaking-work-in-Public-Match/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowbZzfPMKk&t=2m41s
http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=call+of+duty

Top Bottom