• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Gameplay

I think because they flew him and a bunch of other YouTube channels that cover CoD to the event. As far as I know there is no other involvement. I know Drift0r was among the people that they flew out.

Oh that was just for Youtubers who cover CoD. He isn't even doing The Race this year for the Call of Duty Endowment for Veterans. OpTic Gaming is doing that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Activision is partnering with TMARTN, the CSGOlotto guy that scams kids. Can't support this game.

huh what are you talking about? How exactly are they partnering with him?

Besides, Why would they want that kind of publicity?

Why would they pick a guy with 2 million subs over AliA who has nearly 9 million subs anyway? How exactly are they partnering with him?

Mr Clutch

Actually, I'm pretty sure I hear some female soldiers in this clip. So I'm guessing it might be Rig dependent or the player is given the choice. There has to be some customization, otherwise they are going backwards from previous games.

https://youtu.be/ujql-lpQZ9o?t=6m18s

The female voice you're hearing is the announcer. From my demo, there was no option to select a gender nor did I see a character model for such. The only characters you can choose (as of now) are these Combat Rigs

therapist

just give me MWR seperately please

i aint buying this game , it looks weak af

the motion blur is actually kinda cool looking , but otherwise...meh....

kuYuri

The female voice you're hearing is the announcer. From my demo, there was no option to select a gender nor did I see a character model for such. The only characters you can choose (as of now) are these Combat Rigs

Not talking about the announcer, it's the actual voices from the characters. Listen closely to the beginning of that clip I posted:

"Cover me, I'm moving!".

No way that's a male's voice.

That's just one example too, it's just the one example I bothered to get a time stamp. I hear a female voice that isn't the announcer throughout parts of the video as well.

Not saying I don't believe you or anything, just going by what I hear from the video.

Duxxy3

I can't watch more than a few seconds of this game without closing the windows. Just bleh. Awful. It's roughly the same reaction I had with advance warfare multiplayer.

Mr Clutch

Not talking about the announcer, it's the actual voices from the characters. Listen closely to the beginning of that clip I posted:

"Cover me, I'm moving!".

No way that's a male's voice.

That's just one example too, it's just the one example I bothered to get a time stamp. I hear a female voice that isn't the announcer throughout parts of the video as well.

Not saying I don't believe you or anything, just going by what I hear from the video.

Yeah I hear it now...well I mean the linked Combat Rigs were the ONLY characters available. It is possible, as some of those combat rigs are just big "space suit" looking outfits, that a female could be under all the gear. Just from what I saw and played, it appeared to be only male.

Kalentan

He is one of the conductors of the hype train.

Getting to post on YouTube and attending CODxp events and such.

I think you may need to learn what "partnering" is. Cause I don't think you do know it.

By your logic, if Mr Clutch in this thread posted some gameplay from the event, he too would be "partnering" with Activision.

Activision got a bunch of youtubers that cover COD to come to COD XP. It's less about partnering and more about getting the big names to cover your game. Which isn't that different from an indie studio giving a pre-release code to a youtube channel and inquiring them to look at their game and make a video.

The female announcer is Echo from killzone shadowfall if anyone haven't noticed yet
latest

Gator86

Holy fuck, the TTK seems even faster somehow. Gameplay just seems like a more boring Titanfall at this point. Last one I played was AW, but I doubt this motivates me to hop back on.

Looks extremely bland and lifeless compared to BO3. The HUD is a big example of how 'eh' it feels. You can definitely tell that the people who made Ghosts made this.

This is like Advanced Warfare mixed with Black Ops 3 with the TTK from Ghosts.
I couldn't possibly be more repulsed.

Just give me my CoD 4 for the damn $80 I'm paying and we'll be square.

Neolombax

I was hoping that the movement system wouldn't be too similar to BO3. Funny thing about my experience with BO3, I initially I really loved the MP. Nowadays that people have spent tons of hours with the game, skilled players are thrust jumping and one-shotting others with sniper rifles. Thats the kind of skill level that I wont achieve...ever I think. As a result, I'm enjoying the game less and less these days. So now I have reservations about IW, despite being quite hyped since the reveal.

Honestly, the sci-fi setting is great, the single player looks like it's going to be an amazing experience, I love the guns ( guns with secondary fire modes look really neat! ), zombies mode looks...ok i guess?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I was hoping that the movement system wouldn't be too similar to BO3. Funny thing about my experience with BO3, I initially I really loved the MP. Nowadays that people have spent tons of hours with the game, skilled players are thrust jumping and one-shotting others with sniper rifles. Thats the kind of skill level that I wont achieve...ever I think. As a result, I'm enjoying the game less and less these days. So now I have reservations about IW, despite being quite hyped since the reveal.

Honestly, the sci-fi setting is great, the single player looks like it's going to be an amazing experience, I love the guns ( guns with secondary fire modes look really neat! ), zombies mode looks...ok i guess?

The boosting has at least been toned down. It doesn't send you as high and it recharges less quickly. The map design too seems less geared towards people just flying around.

I posted it in another thread but--if anyone is interested--I made a big list of all the currently known guns, attachments, weapon perks and variants over on Reddit. Today I added links to gameplay showcasing most of the weapons. It's pretty cool stuff.

manfestival

I can't watch more than a few seconds of this game without closing the windows. Just bleh. Awful. It's roughly the same reaction I had with advance warfare multiplayer.

funny enough this is exactly how I feel. I think I tried the free weekend blops 3 and then the advanced warfare stuff and the game just feels awful

Top Bottom