• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

Madtown_

Brian Fellows said:
I'm just curious how you guys doing the Dew XP thing are spreading out your prize entries. I'm not spreading mine out at all. So far all 20 of mine have gone to the Turtle Beach Headphones.
Well, I think the headphones are 360 only, so I've done a mix of MW3 hoodie and ELITE package.

Brian Fellows said:
I'm just curious how you guys doing the Dew XP thing are spreading out your prize entries. I'm not spreading mine out at all. So far all 20 of mine have gone to the Turtle Beach Headphones.

I have 1 in the elite thing for shits and giggles and the rest are spread out with the mw3 controller and the turtle beach.

Madtown_

Ok I don't know why I thought that then. I'll probably throw most of the rest of my prize entries for the headset then.
Maybe one for the jeep for the heck of it too.

Is the Call of Duty series multiplayer still really good on PC?

I used to be a very hardcore CoD PC player back in the day with the original Call of Duty and then with the awesome Call of Duty United Offensive.

Those experiences easily outclass any experience I've had with the console Call of Duty games.

Not to mention the dedicated servers, use of mods, and an outstanding plethora of custom maps.

It seems that when the games went primarily to console, I heard nothing but how the PC version multiplayer was more limited.

I see in the thread title they've brought back dedicated servers, which I think went away somehwere in the mix.

Danny 117

blindrocket said:
Is the Call of Duty series multiplayer still really good on PC?

Not since CoD 4. Since then they've dropped the player count and taken away mod tools.
:(
To clarify, it's not too different from consoles.

Depends what he defines as "really good". It doesn't feature MUCH of the bonuses that PC games get, it's basically COD on consoles but on PC, like said above. I think there are only few differences if at all.

Full Metal Jacket said:
You get a token for each prestige you've reached in the previous cod games?

As far as I know you get one for each game. If you're prestige 10 in black ops you still only get one token from that game.

Kyoufu

I was excited for MW3 until I found it the price is higher than usual here in the UK. It'll take some convincing to put it back on pre-order.

Kyoufu said:
I was excited for MW3 until I found it the price is higher than usual here in the UK. It'll take some convincing to put it back on pre-order.

You sure you didn't pre - order the hardened edition and not the regular?

Kyoufu

Forsaken82 said:
You sure you didn't pre - order the hardened edition and not the regular?

There is only one version available at ShopTo, so it has to be the regular. Hardened is the one with the season pass right?

Jack Scofield said:
Plethora means an overabundance. More than necessary. Excess.
The server I was part of always had more than enough excellent maps. We tried to keep the rotation tight, so we'd have to swap them out every so often.

We also used realism mods, which was sort of what they did with the Hardcore mode. But we also dabbled with mods that handled "bleeding out".

Man, those days were awesome. Big maps, big squad numbers, team voice chat, jeeps, tanks, etc. And all with that really tight CoD gameplay.

kx11

Banned
so i finished MW3

uh it's good and cinematic as usual ( SP ) but there's nothing to report since it's a lot like a COD game ( meaning same usual COD events graphics and storyline not to mention the dialog )

never tried MP yet but hopefully someone wil find a way to enable it

M.W.

kx11 said:
so i finished MW3

uh it's good and cinematic as usual ( SP ) but there's nothing to report since it's a lot like a COD game ( meaning same usual COD events graphics and storyline not to mention the dialog )

What was the length? 4 hours?

Danny 117

kx11 said:
so i finished MW3

Did you have fun? That's all that really matters to me. 6-8 hours of a Fun action-packed rollercoaster ride is what I usually expect.
Pity I play on veteran.

kx11

Banned
Danny 117 said:
Did you have fun? That's all that really matters to me. 6-8 hours of a Fun action-packed rollercoaster ride is what I usually expect.
Pity I play on veteran.

well i can say it's more fun than BF3 campaign , i don't know why but it is even though both games offer pretty much the same content

Danneee

kx11 said:
well i can say it's more fun than BF3 campaign , i don't know why but it is even though both games offer pretty much the same content

Well, that is hardly an accomplishment. The BF3 SP sucks ass. Good to know its more CoD though, love the MW campaigns.

Glad to hear it's short. I'm one of those people that just has to beat SP before touching MP, so glad I can run through it in 4-5 hours. Pretty much same as usual...mostly.

Victrix

*beard*
Is it possible to find any non hacked lobbies in the 360 versions of MW1 and 2?

I was planning on doing a last hurrah sort of event in this coming week leading up to MW3 for fun on my stream, but if its nothing but hacked bullshit, that wouldn't be very entertaining.

kuYuri

Holy shit, maybe I should put a FAQ in the OP or something. Like 10 times the prestige shop question has come up in the last two pages alone.

Victrix said:

I was planning on doing a last hurrah sort of event in this coming week leading up to MW3 for fun on my stream, but if its nothing but hacked bullshit, that wouldn't be very entertaining.

I haven't seen a hacked MW2 lobby in a LONG time on the 360. Maybe I'm just lucky though. I played COD4 the other day and the first lobby I went in had somebody with a hack(with the stupid text on the side of the screen) so I'm not sure.

MW2 has been pretty good for me the past month not mentioning games where there is just noob spam, etc.

Madtown_

Victrix said:
I'm on PS3, and I can't play more than 3 games in Mw2 without a UAV glitch/hack showing up against me. Kills the fun factor.

Strider2K99 said:
Holy shit, maybe I should put a FAQ in the OP or something. Like 10 times the prestige shop question has come up in the last two pages alone.
Yeah probably would be a good idea..as long as people read the OP.

kuYuri

I've played a ton of MW2 on 360 last few weeks, no hacks at all. Still get fools occasionally sending messages about 10th prestige lobbies or whatever, but no actual hacks in matchmaking or ever for that matter.

PS_John

Neo Member
Same here - I've been playing MW2 quite a lot over the last 5-6 months and I've not seen a single hacked lobby on the 360 version. I'm pretty sure the TU7 back in May put a stop to them...

Did the PS3 not get that patch? Seems a bit odd

I rented World at War today and have been playing all evening for the 360. I played it a few weeks after it came out. I only got to level 7 before giving it back to my friend and never played it again until tonight. And I have to say I must be extremely lucky because I'm running into very little modded crap. Could be because I don't have any DLC though...

LowParry

AnEternalEnigma said:
I rented World at War today and have been playing all evening for the 360. I played it a few weeks after it came out. I only got to level 7 before giving it back to my friend and never played it again until tonight. And I have to say I must be extremely lucky because I'm running into very little modded crap. Could be because I don't have any DLC though...

Just you wait man. lol - And if you can, try to get Headquarters matches in. Better exp.

Top Bottom