• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered available now standalone

kuYuri

Oh I see. Still small but I guess enough to have a couple games in. Either way, just curious, I'm not spending 30 bucks on Call of Duty 4, especially during a Steam Sale.

Original release is also on sale for $10, with dedicated servers and all that. This would have been worse off regardless.

Revan

50$ in Canada for this?

Wtf?

I'll get a used copy of MW for the PS3 for 5$ from the local dood up the street from me instead.

Activision can fuck right off with that.

I wonder what excuses the "I'm not buying this until it's standalone" folks will have now to keep complaining about it. Microtransactions and DLC?

Those are pretty valid teasing considering this is a remaster, which is supposed to be a definitive version. The microtransactions are disgusting and so much of the game has been changed that it's a totally different game than what came out in 2007.

Also map packs for a "remaster" that are more expensive than when they originally released. Hahahahaha

What is the point of the disk version when all it does is install about 10gb of the data out of 50gb?

Installed the game, then it had to download and install 9gb then a massive 33gb.

4 and a half hour wait.

Anyway, game feels just like the original which is great. Feels much less chaotic than the more recent CoD games which is what I'm after. Thought I'd get my ass handed to me put managed to hold my own in most matches.

£35 isn't a bad price if you loved the original, didn't fancy the recent games and are looking forward to WW2. I'll sell my copy when they eventually comes out to get some money back.

Also, I laughed when I noticed the Infinity War link on the main menu that errors when you select it because I don't have it. this is straight up lifted from that version and slapped on a disk.

50$ in Canada for this?

Wtf?

I'll get a used copy of MW for the PS3 for 5$ from the local dood up the street from me instead.

Activision can fuck right off with that.

Yea and with the deal that was going on (not sure if its still on) but $13.49 (cdn) for the map pack. Which makes this a $63.49 remaster. I ended up grabbing it cause a friend of mine did, so we could play together but shame Activision. I didn't buy the map pack and the update/ install ate up so much space on my PS4 hard drive.

Akimbo in multiplayer now lmao

tenor.gif

jacobs34

They put in akimbo Rangers because it doesn't make a lot of sense to add a single Ranger shotgun.

This game has not been a faithful Remaster, and if that's what you are looking for you will be greatly disappointed. At this point I like messing around with new weapons in the sandbox. I still love the way the game plays. I would even be open to the idea of Raven developing their own maps for MWR. I think a mashup of MW and MW2 would be interesting, if not a nightmare to balance.

I can't defend the lootbox system or charging for the DLC maps, and I haven't spent penny on either, but I still think this game is the best COD released in years.

Chris1

I can't defend the lootbox system or charging for the DLC maps, and I haven't spent penny on either, but I still think this game is the best COD released in years.

Not really a high barrier there though is it, it won that title by default really

I was on a streak of making good gaming decisions this until I bought the $80 bundle for both consoles.

I've been trying to make up for it ever since.

MauroNL

So is this really timed exclusive on PS4? Guess I'll wait for a Black Friday sale on the XB1 version, hopefully with an Xbox One X update.

Gamezone

Gold Member
If I buy Modern Warfare Remastered for Xbox One along with Infinite Warfare, is Modern Warfare a complete download?

Top Bottom