• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty XP 2016 Sept. 2-4 (Infinite Warfare MP Reveal)

Save the date. The Worldwide MP Reveal for #InfiniteWarfare is happening Sept. 2 at #CODXP2016. More intel here: http://callofduty.com/XP

SEPTEMBER 2-4 2016 — LOS ANGELES, CA

Call of Duty® XP 2016 is coming! Call of Duty XP is the ultimate Call of Duty® experience for any fan of the franchise and a celebration of our passionate community. From September 2-4, thousands of fans from the global Call of Duty community will assemble at the Forum in Inglewood, California for a three-day Call of Duty immersion. Can’t attend in person? No problem. We’ve got you covered with live streams from the event. Visit this page frequently for the latest details.

Be among the first to play Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Zombies, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered Multiplayer, and Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 DLC 4! – all before they are released.

Seems like that Beta for Infinite Warfare will be just a marketing Demo if the first Hands on and MP Reveal wont happen until September.

Volotaire

Seems like there is a VR tie in demo, unless this is old news

Jump into the action with Nuketown paintball, Zombies laser tag, an exclusive PlayStation® VR experience and other Call of Duty inspired activities.Participate in the drama and excitement of the Call of Duty® World League Championship presented by PlayStation® 4. Support your favorite team and players throughout the tournament as they compete for the biggest prize in Call of Duty® World League play yet.

Does this have anything to do with this envelope?

AeZgbOZ.png

Hanmik

Other Call of Duty XP activities include:

• Immersive PlayStation® VR Experience, where fans can feel what it’s like to pilot a Jackal, the personal fighter jet in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

• Dedicated Call of Duty developer panels and Q&As from Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games

• Onsite Call of Duty armory and franchise museum

• Call of Duty photo booths and experiential activities

• Surprise musical guest

• More attractions to be announced at a later date

VR game..? or Tech Demo..?

Valkrai

What's wrong with this game and why is everyone displeased about it? Haven't been following.

People are tired of the movement system in the newest games, tired of the future setting, and the game people actually want (MW Remaster) is locked behind the game for $80

xRaizen

What's wrong with this game and why is everyone displeased about it? Haven't been following.
People claim they're tired of the futuristic way the series has been going, yet still sells millions so.. Lol.

IMO, I think it looks interesting enough and will buy it day one.

Daffy Duck

Oh you've played it already? How does it play? Smooth? How many weapons? Movement system?

Oh wait..

No I haven't obviously, but the fact that everything related to this game even down to the GET HYPED FOR TOMORROW PR turns out to be a fucking date announcement.....with no new footage of the game at all......that's why I am disappointed.

Absolutely nothing.
It's just the popular thing to do right now.

I get that a lot of you are burned out on COD (and have been for years), but I think Infnite Warfare doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.

Jake2by4

This is nothing new for CoD. They usually hold back their multiplayer reveals for August at gamescom. But since they have XP this year they're pushing it to September instead.

Thought they would show mp early since black ops 3 broke the trend and showed mp footage in june if i remember correctly.

xRaizen

No I haven't obviously, but the fact that everything related to this game even down to the GET HYPED FOR TOMORROW PR turns out to be a fucking date announcement.....with no new footage of the game at all......that's why I am disappointed.
It's been this way since forever though? Why show gameplay when E3 is around the corner, when we'll most likely get a 10 minute presentation at Sony's conference? MP reveals always happened around August lol..

BO3 has been the only outlier so far lol

Thought they would show mp early since black ops 3 broke the trend and showed mp footage in june if i remember correctly.

BO3's big gamescom reveal was its eSports content. Given that they're hosting an entire event around CoD it makes sense that they'd hold back something as big as the multiplayer for the event.

Daffy Duck

It's been this way since forever though? Why show gameplay when E3 is around the corner, when we'll most likely get a 10 minute presentation at Sony's conference? MP reveals always happened around August lol..

BO3 has been the only outlier so far lol

Oh I don't know, considering the hate/backlash the franchise has been getting recently you might have thought that they would throw a bone out there to appease the fans of the game, instead of sending out little black envelopes to people who then tell us get hyped for what turns out to be a date of an event......BO3 was probably done so early because of the unrest in the community with AW, and due to one thing or another community is restless again at the moment.

jediyoshi

My problem with Infinite Warfare is that I don't mind another future COD, I'd just rather it be Sledgehammer with an AW2. Now, if that actually is the next game in the rotation, people are going to be that much more tired of future war by then.

geordiemp

BO3 was one of the best releases of COD in ages, great game, had classic zombies, and more importantly dedicated servers. It sold allot and a return to form.

Then COD points became obnoxious in march this year, not just cosmetic anymore, guns where you had you tubers spending £ 200 to get the best guns for an advantage.

COD sold its soul and became pay for a chance of a gun that gives you an advantage.
And yes, Marshal 16 is best secondary in the game

I only expect worse from Activision going forward. COD was a level playing field, now you have to pay to get the good guns.

Most want a boots on the ground traditional COD, to get COD 4 remake you have to buy infinite warfare (which will be #p2w and riddled with SHIT).

I think BF1 has a good chance this year, Acti got too greedy and shafted its own playerbase.

Yes I am still salty. And yes I have > 65000 kills in Bo3, KD 2.5, I played it enough but I wont support such shitty anti consumer practices anymore - not touched my season pass maps....Acti can get lost..... And yes the COD community hates it (except you tubers dropping lots of $$$ for dem opening packs)

legacyzero

Banned
LOL my hype for these games has literally bottomed out.

And even more now, because they're locking the ACTUAL COD game I would prefer behind an $80 paywall, I just cant.

Linkinito

I would say "like usual" but unfortunately, it's a step back from Black Ops 3, which revealed both single player and multiplayer at E3, which was the right decision. Also the beta was in late august, but many people could see how BO3 would look like in MP way before on Youtube.

Infinity Ward/Activision aren't confident at all to show the MP of Infinite Warfare, and meanwhile Battlefield 1 will build even more appeal as they will reveal their MP this E3.

Also that means no beta until at least the end of CoD XP. Surely late september or early october.

J-Skee

I really hate to make the comparison, but Battlefield 1 is going to be at E3 with 64 parson multiplayer. I feel like this going to hurt the COD franchise. Hopefully, the multiplayer is something special for them to wait that long.

deadlast

So effectively BF1 will get a ton of press and hype between now and sept.

Would be nice if at that Sept event they had an open Beta for everyone to check out the new COD.

test_account

XP-39C²
COD sold its soul and became pay for a chance of a gun that gives you an advantage.
And yes, Marshal 16 is best secondary in the game

I only expect worse from Activision going forward. COD was a level playing field, now you have to pay to get the good guns.
Every weapons have their advantages and disadvantages. The Marshal 16 is powerful, but has poor range and slow reload. Other secondary weapons have an advantage in those fields.

If you concider them better weapons, that is of course a subjective thing, but personally i unlocked several of them without paying anything, and i didnt feel that i played better or had any advantages compared to the standard weapons.

LOL my hype for these games has literally bottomed out.

And even more now, because they're locking the ACTUAL COD game I would prefer behind an $80 paywall, I just cant.
Unless you're valuing COD4 at $0 and Infinite Warfare at $0, its not a $80 paywall =) But COD4 will be sold seperately later on. I'm willing to bet money on it.

platocplx

An official dudebro convention. incredible.

Seriously though its pretty cool they have something for people who are fans of the series.

Unless you're valuing COD4 at $0 and Infinite Warfare at $0, its not a $80 paywall =) But COD4 will be sold seperately later on. I'm willing to bet money on it.

I do value Infinite Warfare at zero because I don't want to play it, which makes COD4 cost €84 (cheapest legacy edition in Finland right now) which is total bullshit and I'm not paying that much for a remastered old game with half of the content missing.

Absolutely nothing.
It's just the popular thing to do right now.

I get that a lot of you are burned out on COD (and have been for years), but I think Infnite Warfare doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.

I think it's fine to be cautious about it. IW did make Ghosts after all and that was proper shit-tier. BO3 MP was good but SP was terrible. People saying there is no good reason to dislike this game have selective memories.

BO3 DLC 4 not until September - so like mid October then for Xbox One. Seriously?

And with the new game coming out in November? Not to mention the fact that COD DLC is overpriced. You are paying $15 for DLC for a game that most people will only be playing for 2 more weeks.

I don't understand why people keep buying these games and allow themselves to get treated so poorly by the publisher. COD hasn't even been decent since the first Black Ops.

I'm glad the fans are mad about Infinite Warfare. If people continue to complain perhaps Activision will cave and offer MWR separately.

wbEMX

So I won't even be able to try this at Gamescom. lol
I'm not hyped for IW, but trying it there would've been nice.

And with the new game coming out in November? Not to mention the fact that COD DLC is overpriced. You are paying $15 for DLC for a game that most people will only be playing for 2 more weeks.

I don't understand why people keep buying these games and allow themselves to get treated so poorly by the publisher. COD hasn't even been decent since the first Black Ops.

I'm glad the fans are mad about Infinite Warfare. If people continue to complain perhaps Activision will cave and offer MWR separately.
I bought the season pass, that's the issue. I always go back to the old games anyway but with COD4 remastered weeks away? Forget it.

Top Bottom