• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we all agree now that both Deep Down and Panta Rhei are dead?

Speely

Banned
I am just sort of sad that an engine was named "Phanta Rhei" and I never got to see it in action. Maybe that's just because I was a Phantasy Star fan since the franchise was born.

Effect

I remember the presentation of Deep Down was perhaps the only thing that made me go wow when the PS4 was officially shown off. Then I quickly came to my senses that even though there was a interface it was very likely completely fake and it was. It still remained the game I most wanted to see realized and wanted to see what Capcom was going to do. This thing is long dead though. Realized that years ago.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Since they went and released the F2P Dragons Dogma online in Japan I have the feeling they went fuck it with Deep Down and kinda kicked the project into the corner. Seeing how they did not really seem to have a strong idea of what to do with it causing all the delays. Not to mention as others have said a lot of it also looked like bullshit didnt help either.

Top Bottom