• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Luigi87

Friggin UPS left my Saitek X-55 RHINO HOTAS sitting outside in a small layer of snow...

Also, Nintendo Rep was at my Target today taking back the Amiibo display.

CRA5H

This could actually be good news for us Canadians regarding Rosalina. Target was pretty much one of the only retailers without a Canadian website meaning pre-order possibilities! Too bad I was never interested in getting Rosalina..

.. but I will if a retailer picks it up.

flkraven

I'd like a source, if only to alleviate the endless hordes of customers that keep asking me when everything'll go on sale.

Also to start planning what days I show up to work drunk.

Twitter. On mobile right now, but for some reason it's not letting me post url. It was the target Canada account replying to someone.

I'd like a source, if only to alleviate the endless hordes of customers that keep asking me when everything'll go on sale.

Also to start planning what days I show up to work drunk.

I'd imagine that should be everyday until Target's doors are closed. What are they going to do, fire you?

Just kidding, don't do that... You want your severance

Saturday

Twitter. On mobile right now, but for some reason it's not letting me post url. It was the target Canada account replying to someone.

Cool, thanks. But damn, it would've been nice to look at this tweet earlier. Had to spend the entire day hearing these sentences and permutations thereof in order-

"I heard target's closing, sorry about your job"

"So when's everything on sale?"

Just, y'know, bit of dissonance there, I dunno.

I'd imagine that should be everyday until Target's doors are closed. What are they going to do, fire you?

God only knows what'll happen inside the store when the staff will lock up on the last day.

No, seriously, I'm hearing some crazy things.

i-Jest

Rep confirmed Target Canada will not get her (since Target is no longer receiving product), and at the moment has no idea what is going on with Rosalina in Canada.

In Wal-Mart, TRU, BB, or FS we trust? Even better, she turns out not to be a retailer exclusive.

In Wal-Mart, TRU, BB, or FS we trust? Even better, she turns out not to be a retailer exclusive.

I struggle to see how that'll happen. It wouldn't be a Target Exclusive then. If she was schedule to be released at a later date in other stores that'd be one thing. But if these things are branded with a Target logo (something a lot of their exclusive toys get) then there's no way to sell these in other chains. They're not going to send them back to the factories to have new cards put on.

Sora_N

Amazon.ca canceled my Captain Falcon, and I wasn't able to convince the CSR to do anything for me. Kind of annoying, but eh.

Kilvin

Guys, I know this is slightly off topic but I wanted to give my Canadian Bros first dibs.

I have three codes for the Monster Hunter 4 demo on the 3ds. First three people to quote my post and reply that they want one will get them.

I will pm you the code.

Guys, I know this is slightly off topic but I wanted to give my Canadian Bros first dibs.

I have three codes for the Monster Hunter 4 demo on the 3ds. First three people to quote my post and reply that they want one will get them.

I will pm you the code.

i'd like one :)

I will pm you the code.
Could I have one?

DJ_Lae

I will pm you the code.

Sounds awesome.

i-Jest

I struggle to see how that'll happen. It wouldn't be a Target Exclusive then. If she was schedule to be released at a later date in other stores that'd be one thing. But if these things are branded with a Target logo (something a lot of their exclusive toys get) then there's no way to sell these in other chains. They're not going to send them back to the factories to have new cards put on.

Didn't know Target branded their exclusive toys. WELP! We'll just have to wait and see how this pans out.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone thinking on taking advantage of EB Games' trade in 5 games towards an n3DS promo? The clerk told me over the phone that it would stacks with the 3DS trade in promo, cutting $200 from the total cost.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone thinking on taking advantage of EB Games' trade in 5 games towards an n3DS promo? The clerk told me over the phone that it would stacks with the 3DS trade in promo, cutting $200 from the total cost.

I did one of their trade 5 for $100 promos a month ago and spent it all on Amiibos. ;_;

Ondore

I used up most of my trade bait buying codes to get DDP credit at Christmas, and what's left to get a preorder in on the MonHun XL before it sold out. I *wanted* to, though.

...maybe I've still got a chance if I can come into a bunch of eShop credit before the release and convert a few games to digital.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about it.

$8 minimum trade?
Yes, not too many games I'm willing to part ways with meet the criteria though. Luckily, I'm selling an Xbox 360 atm that will help me upgrade even in the case where I don't trade in my games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was surprised by the amount of games that qualified last time. And they were nice enough to actually give us a list of eligible games. So hopefully the same will hold true this time around.

Top Bottom