• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Megasoum

Banned
Man...Fuck NBC Mastercard...

It never worked with Sony on PSN and now I just found out that it also doesn't work on the Nintendo Online store (the store to buy hardware). Haven't tried EShop yet.

This is fucking pissing me off. I can't order a refurb WiiRemote because of it.

Anybody here have experience with using pre-paid cards for ordering online? I never used one before.

zroid

Banned

hmmmm...

KVnDHBf.png

Zing

Banned
Anyone thinking on taking advantage of EB Games' trade in 5 games towards an n3DS promo? The clerk told me over the phone that it would stacks with the 3DS trade in promo, cutting $200 from the total cost.
Odd, since the promotion page specifically states that it cannot be combined with any other promotion.

I'm going to trade in my OG Cosmo black.

So why did I think that the Majora's Mask Limited Edition Bundle was going to be released later on in the year? Is it really coming out Feb 13th like the regular game?

That's just the way things work, but if you want to waste hours of your time and suffer a bunch of stress for like $15 then rfd is that way ---->

But here are the terms anyways:http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/E3-2014-FAQs/td-p/92946

Thanks for the info--couldn't seem to dig it up. =)

As for this being "the way things work" I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't view the world through a lens that only lends weight to my personal interests and gains. If I can contribute to a company ceasing a very intentional and very dishonest business practice then mission accomplished. Everyone on this side of this here experiment called "Capitalism" gets a "W", however small.

And please don't lump me in with the legion of cretins who try to return boxes of rocks to Walmart as a primary source of income because I support basic consumer rights. There's an ocean of grey between those two poles.

Ondore

Odd, since the promotion page specifically states that it cannot be combined with any other promotion.

I'm going to trade in my OG Cosmo black.

I think it means you can't do the "Get $20 extra for 5 games" deal and the trade 5 for $100 off at the same time.

Renewed

So while the thought of trading in a Nintendo game has crossed my mind, I can't handle it because of the cost. So if I trade in 4 games, I'd assume I get $80 off my n3DS?

Also I would have traded in Kingdom Hearts 3D and then rebought it from FutureShop for cheaper... but it seems they don't have any left.

Quick question CanadaGAF: I'm planning to order a Figma online and Figured Nippon-Yasan and Amiami are my best bet. What is anybody's experience with either of these, as well as shipping/ customs and whatnot?

Sora_N

Quick question CanadaGAF: I'm planning to order a Figma online and Figured Nippon-Yasan and Amiami are my best bet. What is anybody's experience with either of these, as well as shipping/ customs and whatnot?

I ordered from Amiami for 3 years, never paid customs once.

I get my items within 2 weeks.

Renewed

I ordered a Samus figma last month from Nippon-Yasan. The order went in and was shipped after a week (they were gathering my items). Then it arrived after 9 days. The packaging was pretty good since they used air bags and then wrapped it with newspaper. Nothing arrived damaged plus no customs. I was really satisfied.

I preordered Lucina from amiami, but I hear that amiami is also really good.

I ordered from Amiami for 3 years, never paid customs once.

I get my items within 2 weeks.

Thanks, that makes me really happy to hear! How's their shipping costs? They don't exactly advertise them.

I ordered a Samus figma last month from Nippon-Yasan. The order went in and was shipped after a week (they were gathering my items). Then it arrived after 9 days. The packaging was pretty good since they used air bags and then wrapped it with newspaper. Nothing arrived damaged plus no customs. I was really satisfied.

I preordered Lucina from amiami, but I hear that amiami is also really good.

Glad to hear they're both good. I'm planning on getting the Captain America one (I actually like the Avengers costume) and it's slightly cheaper on Amiami so I'm just trying to figure out if shipping and customs will make that discount irrelevant.

Sora_N

Thanks, that makes me really happy to hear! How's their shipping costs? They don't exactly advertise them.

I personally never get tracking, never needed it.

I choose unregistered SAL, you can do registered (with tracking) for 700 yen more I think.

Unregistered is about 1080-1300 yen or so depending on the weight. One figma would probably fall within that range, that's about $10-15?

I haven't shopped with them for a while so the shipping could have gone up.

I personally never get tracking, never needed it.

I choose unregistered SAL, you can do registered (with tracking) for 700 yen more I think.

Unregistered is about 1080-1300 yen or so depending on the weight. One figma would probably fall within that range, that's about $10-15?

I haven't shopped with them for a while so the shipping could have gone up.

I could probably live without tracking. As I said above, I'm hoping to see if the shipping will make the total more or less than the other site, considering the Figma itself is slightly cheaper.

i-Jest

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo codes:

A070F32A0S9NGK5G
A070RK9M2T6N2ALN
A071AKBE2678CNNM

Thank you. I took the first one. The others were redeemed and no one gave a heads up. I assume lurkers, both members or non-members, got dips.

Just in case those whom might be interested didn't see...

NEW DEAL??

If anyone's interested Futureshop stores still have Super Smash Bros U Steel Books. They're $10. Already picked mine up today at Stock Yards FS. Since these things were going for $99 at launch, without the game, I'd call that a deep price drop. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ.../10319972.aspx

Renewed

For me, the shipping cost was a bit of a draw back though. I bought two amiibos and the figma and my shipping cost was $27.69. The weight was 1.2kg so I can't imagine that amiami is worse.

However the tracking saved my bacon because I didn't know the package arrived until 5 days later when I wondered where it was and checked to see it was waiting at my post office. I hadn't received a delivery notice so that's the only time where tracking helped me out. Otherwise from now on I'll go with unregistered and if it isn't here I'll just call my post office.

schlew

Monster Hunter 4 demo codes. I'm Canadian, but I doubt we have separate codes from America.

Quote to reveal!

Please speak up if you grabbed one!

Thanks, Sora!

Sora_N

I could probably live without tracking. As I said above, I'm hoping to see if the shipping will make the total more or less than the other site, considering the Figma itself is slightly cheaper.

Hah, I actually didn't order from them at all in 2014.

Anyways, shipping for Revoltech Raiden (roughly figma weight) was 680 yen only. So I think it goes UP to 1000 but it really depends on box size and weight. Should be about 680-800 yen which is about $10, to ship.

My orders with 2 items started at 880-980 yen.

Hope this helps. I remember why I like to buy from Japan, shipping is alright.

Edit: Got some MH4 codes to give away, what do you use to make a user quote to reveal the text?

<email ="CODE">put some text here</email>

Replace < and > with [ and ]

For me, the shipping cost was a bit of a draw back though. I bought two amiibos and the figma and my shipping cost was $27.69. The weight was 1.2kg so I can't imagine that amiami is worse.

However the tracking saved my bacon because I didn't know the package arrived until 5 days later when I wondered where it was and checked to see it was waiting at my post office. I hadn't received a delivery notice so that's the only time where tracking helped me out. Otherwise from now on I'll go with unregistered and if it isn't here I'll just call my post office.

Hah, I actually didn't order from them at all in 2014.

Anyways, shipping for Revoltech Raiden (roughly figma weight) was 680 yen only. So I think it goes UP to 1000 but it really depends on box size and weight. Should be about 680-800 yen which is about $10, to ship.

My orders with 2 items started at 880-980 yen.

Hope this helps. I remember why I like to buy from Japan, shipping is alright

Appreciate the help from both of you, I think I'll go with some cheap shipping from Amiami and hope for the best. It's also convenient that the terrible Canadian dollar is basically on parity with Yen, makes shopping very convenient.

Sora_N

Appreciate the help from both of you, I think I'll go with some cheap shipping from Amiami and hope for the best. It's also convenient that the terrible Canadian dollar is basically on parity with Yen, makes shopping very convenient.

Is it?

I should get HLJ to ship my SH Figuarts Lucario soon then.

Yeah I haven't been tagged for customs from it (so far) but I never ship EMS. I just choose SAL or SAL registered! Amiami (I buy exclusively from that) packs their merch really nicely so it gets to you without dents and stuff!

(My most recent order might be lost though. It was a small shipment and shipped mid-December... it either got lost during the Christmas madness or got tagged by Customs, I guess.... Their shipping notice had a note on it saying that since I'd shipped it through SAL unregistered, they really can't do anything in the event that it's damaged or lost.... )

khaaan

So a friend of mine informed me that he put in multiple orders to ensure he got a MM 3DS. He said I was welcome to one at cost...and I'm debating it. I tried to stay strong, I already have a 3DS, I already have Xenoblade, and I just bought a PS4 a month ago.....but I don't even have to fight anyone for this. I mean...it'll probably hold onto most, if not all of its value and more. I can also try to flip my good condition current 3DS for around $100 to try and soften the blow.

Anyways, assuming all of his orders pan through and I ask for one he would have two left over. If anyone is interested I could ask him if I can claim the rest because he said he was just going to return the extras.

mdubs

Banned

Nippon-Yasan, always Nippon-Yasan

Source: My sister buys a ton of figures from them.

AmiAmi. My very first order from Nippon-Yasan them was a shitty quality bootleg. Seems to be a one off thing but I'm never ordering from them again.

zroid

Banned
Looking at the amiibo thread, it becomes readily apparent that the amiibo "situation" is almost entirely NoA's doing. NoE and NCL seem to have distribution handled more than adequately.

NoA gonna NoA.

Sealtest

So has anyone else been pestering amazon/sony/ready at dawn about Our Premium editions? 1 month and 3 days away and still no confirmation Canada is even getting them.

Maximus.

Looking at the amiibo thread, it becomes readily apparent that the amiibo "situation" is almost entirely NoA's doing. NoE and NCL seem to have distribution handled more than adequately.

NoA gonna NoA.

OR people in other regions do not care for Amiibo has much or they don't have as big of an issue with scalpers. That isn't to say that NOA hasn't been shitting the bed recently.

I had a bad experience with N-Y when I had to cancel my first order -- they really hate cancelling orders, even long before they ship, and they charge pretty hefty cancellation fees, which I think are bullshit.

When I bought figma figurines I got them from Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) -- and they were very reasonably priced, had good shipping prices to Canada, and shipped fairly quickly.

If you're paying with paypal (assuming that's an option) skip the tracking. You're covered with Paypal if the item doesn't show up. I also try to avoid tracking. I'd rather a package fly under the radar and avoid any duty or taxes.

MarkusRJR

For the new 3DS trade in deal at EB Games, can I trade in my 3DS right now when I go preorder, or do I wait till it physically releases?

Highly considering the N3DS trade deal as I have quite a few eligible games I got over time for pretty cheap.

But I want to transfer my 3DS XL data to the new one before trading it in. Would they allow you to do so in-store?

Highly considering the N3DS trade deal as I have quite a few eligible games I got over time for pretty cheap.

But I want to transfer my 3DS XL data to the new one before trading it in. Would they allow you to do so in-store?
The EB Games I talked to said that you can buy it in full, take both 3DS and transfer at home, and as long you have the receipt, they'll honour the trade when you come back and give you back the money that you'd save.

Assuming youre willing to do two trips.

Luigi87

Dunno about yesterday (since I'm not in today), but it was probably up there, lol
On Thursday though, when the news initially broke, forecast was 27k, broke 50k. Yesterday had to be more.

Where were these people when we needed them?

Top Bottom