• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Can you combine ebgames promotions for the new 3DS?

E.g. Trade in old 3DS XL for $100 + 5 games from the list for $100 and only pay the remaining $30?

You should be able to (I'm hoping to do it as well) . May need to do the trade ins at different times though cause their computer system seems to be garbage.

My plan is to go trade my games in in the next couple days and preorder it since the console can only be traded once you pick up the new one. Assuming you need to do the TRANSFER.

SickBoy

Dunno about yesterday (since I'm not in today), but it was probably up there, lol
On Thursday though, when the news initially broke, forecast was 27k, broke 50k. Yesterday had to be more.

Where were these people when we needed them?

People are jerks.

I may have already posted it in this thread, but I was a big fan. Will be sad to see Target gone.

Quick

Banned
Dunno about yesterday (since I'm not in today), but it was probably up there, lol
On Thursday though, when the news initially broke, forecast was 27k, broke 50k. Yesterday had to be more.

Where were these people when we needed them?

That advertising.

People probably thinking it's liquidation time already, and when it wasn't, bought something anyway since they were already there.

I'll share SickBoy's sentiments. My local Target wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Stock of anything I wanted was there, and if prices were cheaper elsewhere, I'd just price match.

The EB Games I talked to said that you can buy it in full, take both 3DS and transfer at home, and as long you have the receipt, they'll honour the trade when you come back and give you back the money that you'd save.

Assuming youre willing to do two trips.

I could do that. But I may as well just do it there as if the system has a dead pixel right away for instance, I can swap it right away and if an internal issue arises anyway later, it's not like I can undo it (there's still the 1 week wait period between transfers right?).

Socreges

Banned
That advertising.

People probably thinking it's liquidation time already, and when it wasn't, bought something anyway since they were already there.

I'll share SickBoy's sentiments. My local Target wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Stock of anything I wanted was there, and if prices were cheaper elsewhere, I'd just price match.
Exactly. I heard the news on CBC radio and decided to go see what was on clearance on Day 1 - then realized the few items that were had already been cleaned out. So I bought milk and toilet paper since I needed both.

These are my two main reasons for rarely going to Target:

- Walmart was the better 'one stop shop' when I needed that experience. I could rely on their inventory.
- Target's emptiness made me feel uncomfortable. Walking into the grocery section and seeing the cooler door lights quietly turn on as I walked past just did not seem right. Like it had all been sitting there for weeks, waiting for my arrival.

Kazerei

Banned
My local Target was really busy today too. It's Blockbuster all over again, where people bought everything before the good deals even started :\

Target clearance deals can be pretty good. The problem is that they're never advertised, and the products are not bought before going on clearance.

MrNineties

I think you need to trade the 3DS now or till when is the promotion.

You have until March 01 as far as the site indicates. Plenty of time to do the trade. Many stores are fine with in-store system transfer, assuming you figure out the Wi-fi network requirements/needs.

PS, Is it a faux pas to offer up Xenoblade Chronicles Wii for sale to TorontoGAF here in this thread or should I put it in BST? It's CIB, art sleeve could be in better shape but it looks good overall.

Saturday

Oh god, it's happening. Got called in by target to pick up full shifts for the whole week, apparently just purging everything in the back and chucking them on the shelves. Probably start sales next week if everything goes well enough.

Returners

Oh god, it's happening. Got called in by target to pick up full shifts for the whole week, apparently just purging everything in the back and chucking them on the shelves. Probably start sales next week if everything goes well enough.

Any gaming stuff?

I never go to liquidation sales at all. Do they usually sell them to consumers or liquidate to other retailers? I have no idea how this works.

Saturday

Any gaming stuff?

I never go to liquidation sales at all. Do they usually sell them to consumers or liquidate to other retailers? I have no idea how this works.

Yeah, there'll be gaming stuff, but I'm not sure targets are known for their stellar electronics stock. I've no experience with liquidation sales but remembering Zellers, It's for the people. Also, they'll be selling everything. Want a shelf? like that light fixture? It'll be on sale.

Roto13

Yeah, there'll be gaming stuff, but I'm not sure targets are known for their stellar electronics stock. I've no experience with liquidation sales but remembering Zellers, It's for the people. Also, they'll be selling everything. Want a shelf? like that light fixture? It'll be on sale.

I've always wanted a stock boy of my very own.

I am unsure about whether or not to cancel my Amazon Majora's Mask LE order. I got an order in an EB Games, but I don't know if the condition will be perfect or if they somehow end up not getting it. But, I paid with gift cards so it would a hassle to get it and return Amazon's copy to EB. Am I safe with cancelling my Amazon order?

Zing

Banned
Can you combine ebgames promotions for the new 3DS?

E.g. Trade in old 3DS XL for $100 + 5 games from the list for $100 and only pay the remaining $30?
The small print on the promotions claims that you cannot combine. That doesn't mean the clerks won't do it, though.

I'm defintiely trading in a system. I have an OG and XL. Using my XL until then. I don't have five qualifying games since I don't have anything but a Wii U, and all the places to buy cheap used games are gone (Rogers, blockbuster).

Highly considering the N3DS trade deal as I have quite a few eligible games I got over time for pretty cheap.

But I want to transfer my 3DS XL data to the new one before trading it in. Would they allow you to do so in-store?
You will not want to do it in store, unless you have nothing on your SD care you care for. Reports from other n3DS owners say the wifi transfer takes hours. Even a bare bones transfer of the licenses takes like 45 minutes. Just buy the system straight up, then come back with your trade in for a refund after you do the transfer at home. This is how EB handled it with the original XL launch.

ovii

Hey guys, before I use my gift card at BB for a XBL live 12 month sub card, anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

Socreges

Banned
Decided I'd do the EB console trade-in promo for the N3DSXL...

1. Can I back everything up on an SD card and safely load it onto the new console when I get it weeks later?
2. Does this mean I have to buy a separate charger since I'll give them one but won't get one back with the N3DS?

I assume the answer is Yes to both...

chrono01

Decided I'd do the EB console trade-in promo for the N3DSXL...

1. Can I back everything up on an SD card and safely load it onto the new console when I get it weeks later?
2. Does this mean I have to buy a separate charger since I'll give them one but won't get one back with the N3DS?

I assume the answer is Yes to both...
1) Nope, to transfer from your old 3DS to your new one, you need both consoles on-hand [to do the transfer process]. They might allow you to do this in-store, although it'll take a decent amount of time to complete.

2) Yes, if you give them your old charger you'll need a new one since the New 3DS XL doesn't come with one. If you have a DSi onwards, though, you can just use that charger since they're apparently all the same.

khaaan

1) Nope, to transfer from your old 3DS to your new one, you need both consoles on-hand [to do the transfer process]. They might allow you to do this in-store, although it'll take a decent amount of time to complete.

I've never done it but someone in the MM3DS thread said that you can do a transfer process that only grabs your account information (which is quick) and then re-download your games once you get home. I'm not sure if that means your saves will be gone or what, someone else will have to confirm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As expected, called Futureshop to see if I can adjust the price of Kirby, and get a turn around.

People here must either work at Futureshop or sleep with someone who works at Futureshop, because every time I call in to do something, it never works. lol

zroid

Banned
I've never done it but someone in the MM3DS thread said that you can do a transfer process that only grabs your account information (which is quick) and then re-download your games once you get home. I'm not sure if that means your saves will be gone or what, someone else will have to confirm.

er no you're not supposed to re-download, haha. you transfer the account info, which is pretty quick as you said, and the you move the SD card to the other system. done.

Cynar

It's fucking busy today. And nothings on sale. Nothing but the usual weekly shit
Pisses me off. I loved shopping at the Target in my city. I go there once every other week and it was packed with asshats looking for deals while the people who work there are probably worried about finding another job. It made me cringe when I heard a lady asking a staff member when the deals are going to start. These customers are nothing but vultures. I hope most people land on their feet when done with working at Target. :(

Sora_N

Pisses me off. I loved shopping at the Target in my city. I go there once every other week and it was packed with asshats looking for deals while the people who work there are probably worried about finding another job. It made me cringe when I heard a lady asking a staff member when the deals are going to start. These customers are nothing but vultures. I hope most people land on their feet when done with working at Target. :(

I hope they like to lose their jobs too. I know that feel. :/

EB Games has Metal Gear Rising PS3 $9.99, Ninja Gaiden Razor Edge WiiU for $12.99, tempted lol.

Other stuff here: http://www.ebgames.ca/On Sale

Top Bottom