• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

I wish the Metal gear ps4 bundle would be available for longer then 3 days. I'm really tempted to jump in now but I'm also worried about a potential price drop coming in the next few months as the 2 year anniversary approaches.

I know that would only be about a $50 difference but given how little spending money I have to throw around every dollar for me counts and I don't want to waste it. That said every time I end up waiting for a better deal to come around it keeps biting me in the ass.

Big Chungus

I wouldn't worry about getting it not getting it release day. With free shipping my copy of Arkham Knight shipped out two nights before and came morning of release.

I live in SK though...lol

My copy of the Witcher 3 came about 2 days after release date.

N E R O

NEW DEAL (In case it wasn't posted already)

Amazon.ca has a new sale going on:

enter VGPREORDER

at checkout for 10% off pre-orders. Deal ends on August 30.

Also, note that on the individual pre-order pages for the games themselves, it's showing the incorrect information and is showing the previous sale. I've already let their CS know about the mistake. lol

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2186396542&pf_rd_i=B00ZSEKVKC

Thanks !
Just ordered MGS TPP and Danganronpa another Episode.

I live like 20 minutes from Missisauaga's warehouse but my MGS estimated delivery is on SEP 9th :/

Don't wanna grab it from a retailer since I got a licences suspension for a month :( , and I really hate taking Missisauaga Buses

Renewed

enter VGPREORDER

Also, note that on the individual pre-order pages for the games themselves, it's showing the incorrect information and is showing the previous sale. I've already let their CS know about the mistake. lol

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2186396542&pf_rd_i=B00ZSEKVKC

Thank goodness I just noticed this. I nabbed a copy of MGSV:TPP because I actually don't seem to have a preorder (back from E3 when I only had a Wii U)... Thanks for the heads up!

enter VGPREORDER

GOD DAMNIT DON'T YOU TEMPT ME I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY PHANTOM PAIN RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE TO SAVE UP FOR SCHOOL AND A REPLACEMENT PHONE AND fuck it I bought it with the hardcover guide.

FrsDvl

Damn, figured I'd preorder Quantum Break since I forgot during E3, and use the 10% discount. But for some reason its unavailable on Amazon :(.

Sora_N

GOD DAMNIT DON'T YOU TEMPT ME I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY PHANTOM PAIN RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE TO SAVE UP FOR SCHOOL AND A REPLACEMENT PHONE AND fuck it I bought it with the hardcover guide.

Eh. I'm just gonna wait for price drop. F konami but I also don't have time to play

Smo21

So my PayPal wouldn't go through on my old future shop order of mgsv. Not sure why it wouldn't. Ended up just going to best buy and getting a gift card. Site lets me check the amount but I won't apply the card. So I call in and get them to do apply. Now I think everything is fine but at 2am I get an email saying it failed to go through again. Check the site and the full amount is still on the card. Has anyone else had this issue? Just makes me never want to deal with best buy again.

MarkusRJR

So I used the visa debit promo on an Amazon order a while back but I don't remember getting $10 off my order. Does it come as a balance on Amazon, and if so where do I go to find it?

baconcow

So I used the visa debit promo on an Amazon order a while back but I don't remember getting $10 off my order. Does it come as a balance on Amazon, and if so where do I go to find it?

You will get confirmation on-screen when eligible, before final purchase confirmation. You will then get email confirmation after your item ships, stating you have the promotional amount. You get an on-account $10 credit that I believe is pre-tax. You don't receive the credit until shipment as that is when you pay.

Did you pay with a Visa debit card?

N° 2048

Hey guys I noticed something odd.

On my work Mac, on Firefox.

The Amazon.ca order pages show an extra date:

"Shipping estimate: Friday, August 28, 2015
Delivery estimate: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 by 8:00pm"
But on my Windows 7 PC @ home on Chrome. It only shows.

"Delivery estimate: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 by 8:00pm"

Slow day at work.

zroid

Banned
79uDuFa.png

kevin1025

Banned

Also happening at Landmark Cinemas (though there's less of those around)! Plus they are handing out coupon "books" (it's about five coupons) for things like general admission and a combo for $14.99, buy one get one ticket, free M&M's when you buy a ticket, that sort of thing.

diaspora

I like how pissed everyone was when MGS5 was shown to be one of the few first games over $70, and the final price of $75 ended up being cheaper than the US version (79CAD).

zroid

Banned
I like how pissed everyone was when MGS5 was shown to be one of the few first games over $70, and the final price of $75 ended up being cheaper than the US version (79CAD).

i think people are more pissed at the state of the canadian dollar than anything else these days

Oneself

Futureshop charged my MGSV!! Probably yesterday.

45$ including taxes and all. Life is good.

Still nothing from amazon about Mad Max.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Canada Post attempted a delivery on Thursday, said pickup next day by 1pm. Well, Friday I was going to be out late, but thankfully they're open on Saturday. Go in today.. post office can't tell me where the packages are.. they 'guess' it was on the truck still and didn't get dropped off. So my only recourse is to come back on Monday. Thursday morning delivery attempt.. not available until Monday. Ayy.

zroid

Banned
Yeah till the 8th I believe. Not worth it, too many phones and loud people.

just go see something that has been running for a few weeks already. probably will be hardly anyone there. I never see movies in the first 1-2 weeks after release.

MesH

I just got a delivery update on my MGSV CE, says it will ship Sept 4.

Not sure if I should keep it or not, might open and play my Best buy copy and just sell it on Kijiji when the CE comes in.

Eoyote

Neo Member
It was, both stores had the yellow $4.96 sticker on the PS4 copies. I'm thinking it might be a store clearance price versus the online clearance price

Headed down to The Source this morning:

Vf2hIbdl.jpg

The only PS4 game that is $5 is Watch Dogs. Perhaps you mistook it for Ground Zeroes?

N° 2048

Got Mon and Tues off. Have no idea what to do with myself Monday. Probably will spend the day wrapping up Danganronpa and some Rocket League.

Just going to be shaking waiting for Mad Max, Danganronpa and the big one, MGS V.

My Amazon pre-order of Super Mario Maker got adjusted to $69.89. Whoo.

kids are still on summer vacation, right?

theatres are going to be fucking packed all day every day

It's probably the slowest week of the summer (back to school, last-minute vacations), but kids will be there.

Stage On

My Amazon pre-order of Super Mario Maker got adjusted to $69.89. Whoo.

Urg. It was at $62.99 for a short time yesterday. I should have taken a screen shot :/

That would have knocked the price down to just under $50 after tax with the 30% e3 discount. I've been very on the fence about keeping my preorder or not so if the price isn't adjusted down like it should be in the next couple of days I'll probably end up canceling

JSR_Cube

enter VGPREORDER

Thanks. I forgot to grab Wasteland 2 for the PS4 during the E3 deal. Although Amazon thinks that it is Wasteland 4 for some reason. The cover clearly shows it as Wasteland 2!

Anyone who pre-ordered their MGS V CE in stores at EB Games get confirmation they have them all in stock to fulfill pre-orders?

My store today said they still didn't get them in. Which makes no sense. A big release like this arriving the day before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom