• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Diablo III Reaper of Souls CE is $39 down from $79 at Best Buy. Pretty great discount for blizzard CE lovers like me!

Hoping Blizzard will refund my standard ROS key, like they did with Warlords.

Stage On

Gosh darn it. I'm Missing out on that $400 Ps4 from Eb games because of having no way to actually get to the store :/

Not that I actually wanted the copy of Madden 16 that it came with but flipping that would have brought the cost down making it a superior option to the $450 Metal gear 5 bundle Best buy is going to have for Tuesday to Thursday, well as long as I was willing to wait a few months for Metal gear to drop in price anyhow.

Socreges

Banned
Gosh darn it. I'm Missing out on that $400 Ps4 from Eb games because of having no way to actually get to the store :/

Not that I actually wanted the copy of Madden 16 that it came with but flipping that would have brought the cost down making it a superior option to the $450 Metal gear 5 bundle Best buy is going to have for Tuesday to Thursday, well as long as I was willing to wait a few months for Metal gear to drop in price anyhow.
MGSV won't be below $50 for a while. Could grab it used, though.

c949b88f67.jpg

I'm actually starting to get concerned, Phantom Pain hasn't shipped with day one shipping yet and it's still being listed as a September 11 package with Super Mario Maker and The Last Guardian (lol)

Oh, for those going to Fan Expo here in Toronto, it looks like EB Games is gonna do a big sale there. Not sure how good it's gonna be this year, but I've gotten some good buys out of them in years past. Last year I got Ni No Kuni for $10. I think Pandora's Tower was also $10

c949b88f67.jpg

I'm actually starting to get concerned, Phantom Pain hasn't shipped with day one shipping yet and it's still being listed as a September 11 package with Super Mario Maker and The Last Guardian (lol)

Having it placed in the same arrival date as Last Guardian might as well be a bad omen.

Xenoflare

Are there no more cheap 11.6 laptops anymore? Best buy is carrying one HP laptop for $550 for a pentium N3700, this is ridiculous.

Xenoflare

I second this. Using it for a year, its great. Was $200 late last year for 13inch screen.

I've learned my lesson about laptops. I'm only going to get cheap $200 laptops and use them for a year, maybe hope for a second year of bonus use, or spend $1,200 and get something that's going to last me for five years.

Never win with $500 laptops. Something inevitably gets cut back which annoys (eg strong power i5 but with a crappy screen, or no battery life, or heavy).

Xenoflare

I second this. Using it for a year, its great. Was $200 late last year for 13inch screen.

I've learned my lesson about laptops. I'm only going to get cheap $200 laptops and use them for a year, maybe hope for a second year of bonus use, or spend $1,200 and get something that's going to last me for five years.

Never win with $500 laptops. Something inevitably gets cut back which annoys (eg strong power i5 but with a crappy screen, or no battery life, or heavy).

Hear hear, that $550 HP laptop should be priced in the $400 bracket and I would buy it if it's indeed $400.

I checked around and I really like the 11.6 form factor because I need that portability.

Laptop in question http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=106947a95b5d7ff983b9bb9beaf4d13een02

Amazon support told me that it would ship day one, but with no signs of that happening yet I'm starting to get concerned.

You'll know when you should 100% be concerned tomorrow. Everything else should be going out sometime tomorrow.

Still no Canadian stored selling the Xenoblade X SE?

I'm not looking forward to how Nintendo handles this. I bet it's gonna be an EB Games exclusive or some shit, and it'll be $119.

Bonus points if it actually ends up Amazon exclusive and then we have another week of everyone pissing themselves over shipping like with MGSV

BUT THE THIRST IS SO REAL FOR MGSV GOD DAMN I NEED IT

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I just decided to open up the Wonderbook I got at The Source for a dollar, and... and... AND...

IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!!! LOL

I mean, wow, the book is nothing but 12 pages of giant blue AR markers, it's like a paper weight, it's NOTHING! No pictures, no real cover (just shows the PS logo and Wonderbook) and that's all it is, it's hardcover, but 12 thick pages of big blue AR markers, I mean WOW!

That's hilarious, let me put it this way, unless you're that curious, save the dollar, the BOX is more interesting than the book! XD

Pics via Google:

H8w9n7m.png

xHDluTG.jpg

So yeah, ignore your curiosity, there's nothing to it at all, it's just a "fancy" accessory, and that's the polite way of saying it! :p

Returners

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I just decided to open up the Wonderbook I got at The Source for a dollar, and... and... AND...

I mean, wow, the book is nothing but 12 pages of giant blue AR markers, it's like a paper weight, it's NOTHING! No pictures, no real cover (just shows the PS logo and Wonderbook) and that's all it is, it's hardcover, but 12 thick pages of big blue AR markers, I mean WOW!

That's hilarious, let me put it this way, unless you're that curious, save the dollar, the BOX is more interesting than the book! XD

Pics via Google:

H8w9n7m.png

xHDluTG.jpg

So yeah, ignore your curiosity, there's nothing to it at all, it's just a "fancy" accessory, and that's the polite way of saying it! :p

you didn't get any game with it?

Socreges

Banned
OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Pics via Google:

http://i.imgur.com/H8w9n7m.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xHDluTG.jpg[IMG]

So yeah, ignore your curiosity, there's nothing to it at all, it's just a "fancy" accessory, and that's the polite way of saying it! :P[/QUOTE]Demand a refund, Hero of Legend.

Lol no worries I'm just being silly. :p The thing was a buck, I ain't legit complaining, I'm just humored at how little the book is physically. :)

Not sure what you expected... Did you think it had hologram technology inside or something?

No, I just expected it to be a book you can enjoy looking at without playing the game if you wanted, you know, just something there to look at. :p

Lol no worries I'm just being silly. :p The thing was a buck, I ain't legit complaining, I'm just humored at how little the book is physically. :)

No, I just expected it to be a book you can enjoy looking at without playing the game if you wanted, you know, just something there to look at. :p

You are forgiven because no one has ever cared about Wonderbook and so promptly forgot about it after its initial reveal, but technically Sony has always said the book was fucking nothing.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Good grief.

I just looked up some upcoming games I'll be getting, MGSV is $74.99 and Mario Maker is $69.99 in Canada? When are prices going back to reasonable amounts?

Madness

Good grief.

I just looked up some upcoming games I'll be getting, MGSV is $74.99 and Mario Maker is $69.99 in Canada? When are prices going back to reasonable amounts?

Next year they predict it to go back up a bit. But not enough where it's going to impact consumer prices. They'll drag their feet bringing games back down. Settle in for these prices for at least the remainder of this gen.

Banned
I don't really follow politics but is the Canadian dollar sinking because of Harper? Nobody wants our oil anymore? I'll vote for whoever will bring the Canadian dollar back up to par. NDP? Trudeau?

Kifimbo

I don't really follow politics but is the Canadian dollar sinking because of Harper? Nobody wants our oil anymore? I'll vote for whoever will bring the Canadian dollar back up to par. NDP? Trudeau?

1. Pretty much every currency is sinking versus the US dollar. The first reason why the Canadian dollar is weaker is because the US dollar is much stronger.
2. Oil prices crashing slowed the economy and forced the Bank of Canada to drop the interest rates twice, which also hurt our dollar.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Managed to pick up (seemingly) one of the last copies of Bayonetta 2 at the Source in Toronto. Royal Bank has one copy left too apparently and a few stores on the outskirts. $45 though, I've been waiting long enough for a sale I could actually find. Tempted by Ultimate NES Remix as well for $19.99, but decided against it.

Oh no no! I did get the game with it! I just wanted it for the book because I thought it'd be cool to look at! :) I was wrong. XD

You should have asked (or if you did sorry I missed it). Company I work for has a warehouse of stacks and stacks of these that will never go anywhere. You did The Source a favour taking one from them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom