• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

Wow, that's a VERY good deal. $50 off, plus a free copy of Madden? You could flip that Madden for $50-60 easy, if you didn't want it.

Sadly for me My sister took one of the family cars with her to university up in north bay and the other is out of commission at the shop. So actually getting to the store poses a rather large problem since I'm not about to lug around a several hundred dollar piece of equipment on the bus.

New Deal

14f105d6-a91f-4aa1-8b9c-4b525e7df279.jpg

Already sold out online but it's still available in stores.

I was about to ask what retailer and then I saw where the image was hosted, EB games.

Ondore

Just going to mention something here: $89.99 US is about $119. So don't be surprised if that Xenoblade X LE that just got announced is $119 - $129.

Renewed

Just going to mention something here: $89.99 US is about $119. So don't be surprised if that Xenoblade X LE that just got announced is $119 - $129.

I'm sure you typed that with a heavy heart... I probably won't bite but we'll see. It'd mean cutting out some other game.

Madness

I don't know why I didn't add Black Ops 3 to my E3 pre-orders. I figured with Destiny TTK, Halo 5 and Battlefront I'd be good, but I've been playing the beta and it's the first CoD I've really touched since MW3, I'm enjoying it, even if there is a lot of stuff to do.

I don't think Destiny is gonna be much fun PvP and the more I hear about Battlefront, the more I want to cancel it. Anyone have any luck switching out games by contacting an amazon rep who may take pity?

FrsDvl

I don't know why I didn't add Black Ops 3 to my E3 pre-orders. I figured with Destiny TTK, Halo 5 and Battlefront I'd be good, but I've been playing the beta and it's the first CoD I've really touched since MW3, I'm enjoying it, even if there is a lot of stuff to do.

I don't think Destiny is gonna be much fun PvP and the more I hear about Battlefront, the more I want to cancel it. Anyone have any luck switching out games by contacting an amazon rep who may take pity?

It's worth a try, they probably won't, but you may stumble upon a nice guy. And if they say "we can't add anything to this order since the promotion has expired, and it may screw up the order" ask them, what if I make a new order, and you apply the discount to that.

They let me switch MGSV Xb1 to MGSV ps4 that way.

MarkusRJR

Fuck. I want the Xenoblade Chronicles X SE but I already have the a two year old BB E3 pre-order. It'll probably cost $70-$80 more for the SE, but damn it looks nice. :'(

Fuck. I want the Xenoblade Chronicles X SE but I already have the a two year old BB E3 pre-order. It'll probably cost $70-$80 more for the SE, but damn it looks nice. :'(

Me too... Except mine is from FS and its still listed as Wii U X.

Think CS will let me switch it to the the SE for the same price?

Haha yeah

zroid

Banned
Yeah... I've on occasion cancelled E3 pre-orders to get the CEs but this won't be one of them, as nice as it looks. $40 is too good considering what it retails for now.

ref

I don't know how it happened and I'm not going to find out, but Mad Max and TPP shipped for a grand total of 46 dollars....

For both of them. 2 games.

I'm in NYC for a week and I walked into a tiny game store in Brooklyn; maybe the shop dude spotted my Fox Hound tattoo (or not) because he quickly offered me a copy of Phantom Pain, any console. It was hard to resist, considering my Amazon order is estimated for Sept 10th >_<

I'm in NYC for a week and I walked into a tiny game store in Brooklyn; maybe the shop dude spotted my Fox Hound tattoo (or not) because he quickly offered me a copy of Phantom Pain, any console. It was hard to resist, considering my Amazon order is estimated for Sept 10th >_<

Yeah, NYC is easy for early game pickup.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are Costco sales chain wide or just for specific stores? I saw a kijiji ad saying that Costco has a sale for Batman Arkham Knight at $29.99; however, the Costco website is showing $69.99.

big_z

Anyone's futureshop preorder for metal gear not ship yet? Im in alberta and usually stuff goes out Thursday/Friday.

FrsDvl

Anyone's futureshop preorder for metal gear not ship yet? Im in alberta and usually stuff goes out Thursday/Friday.

I'm in Edmonton, and Bestbuy has always shipped on Sundays for me, for Tuesday releases. If it hasn't shipped by the end of the day tomorrow i'd be worried.

big_z

I'm in Edmonton, and Bestbuy has always shipped on Sundays for me, for Tuesday releases. If it hasn't shipped by the end of the day tomorrow i'd be worried.

im close to Edmonton myself. I usually get stuff a day or two early. they tried to ship my xbox version on Thursday but it failed because the credit card info is outdated and for some reason cant be changed. No progress at all on the ps4 version which I find odd. I guess ill see if the shipping notice comes today or not.

Madness

Are Costco sales chain wide or just for specific stores? I saw a kijiji ad saying that Costco has a sale for Batman Arkham Knight at $29.99; however, the Costco website is showing $69.99.

I believe on RFD lot of people saying they got them for $29.97, so it's YMMV I guess. I saw Arkham Knight myself for $49.97, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing final clearance and decided to drop price even further.

aQyH3zl.jpg

qtuCpug.jpg

Not my images. If my Costco memory serves correctly, when something ends in 97 it means final clearance and that they won't have more, so maybe they are clearing out for the next big name game? MGS V, Destiny TTK, Halo, CoD or Battlefront?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In-store and online prices don't always match with Costco.

Nessus

So it's been a while since I bought a new console (back when the Xbox 360 S came out).

Pretty much all physical retailers (not interested in buying online and having to wait for it to arrive in the mail) are going to be the same price, right?

I want to get a Wii U and Mario Maker the day it comes out. Leaning towards the 3D World bundle.

That'll be the same price ($300 for the console, $70 for the game) no matter where I go ( Walmart, Best Buy, etc.), right?

Oneself

Since they "changed" for Best Buy, the email they normally send to confirm the shipping is always late and so is the update on their website. If you've been charged for it, there's nothing to worry about... Yet!

ref

Canada Post saying TPP and Mad Max going to be delivered tomorrow....

Arkham Knight came a day early as well, hope it's the same case this time.

Rbk_3

Picked up the New 3ds and got Majora's Mask for free at EB yesterday.
Sadly that is about the best deal since it's release here.

N° 2048

My copy of Mad Max hasn't left their warehouse yet. :(

Same, not even charged yet but ordered with Prime and release day shipping and it shows Sept 1 by 8PM delivery.

I am in Toronto so I think my copy of Mad Max, Danganronpa and MGS are in the Ontario warehouse.

Same, not even charged yet but ordered with Prime and release day shipping and it shows Sept 1 by 8PM delivery.

I am in Toronto so I think my copy of Mad Max, Danganronpa and MGS are in the Ontario warehouse.

Same here in Montreal, I guess. Stilll predicts that it will ship yesterday and arrive Tuesday with prime shipping.

jholmes

I've got the BB pre-order from two years back too. Fortunately I'm not thrilled with the SE -- not even a DC soundtrack? -- so I'll live.

So it's been a while since I bought a new console (back when the Xbox 360 S came out).

Pretty much all physical retailers (not interested in buying online and having to wait for it to arrive in the mail) are going to be the same price, right?

I want to get a Wii U and Mario Maker the day it comes out. Leaning towards the 3D World bundle.

That'll be the same price ($300 for the console, $70 for the game) no matter where I go ( Walmart, Best Buy, etc.), right?

Definitely shop around day of because both the Wii U and SMB3DW aren't new and could see a discount. Worth noting that Walmart in the U.S. is getting a Wii U bundle with Super Mario Maker but they don't have it on the Canadian website. If you're not picky about the pack-in game you should give the refurbs a look.

LifeLike

The fuck? should I be worried? I contacted Amazon customer service on Friday and she reassured me that it should be shipped on Tuesday and arriving on Tuesday.

Is this some type of bug?

I have never ordered from amazon for a videogame, but from what I've been reading on this thread, it is because you have another game preordered (nhl) and its released date is on september 15th. They might wait 2 weeks and ship you both games bundled together?

kevin1025

Banned
The fuck? should I be worried? I contacted Amazon customer service on Friday and she reassured me that it should be shipped on Tuesday and arriving on Tuesday.

On the bright side, you're getting Battlefront two months early! That's likely a bug, your shipping preference says to ship them separately, and since you have one-day shipping, it'll be sometime today or early tomorrow when Metal Gear will ship. Your best bet is to chat with them online, though, just in case.

N° 2048

I hope what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

I had SEVEN CSRs (yes, 7) tell me that Until Dawn would arrive on release day (was Prime at the time) and it never came.

It ended up coming Wednesday which is only one day after release but still bugged me.

They said it was a glitch. That's why I am still worried about the Sept 1 games. I've never seen Amazon orders this glitched for this many people.
E3 promos again.

Mikey Jr.

So will I be ok to walk into an ebgames at around 4pm and pick up mgsv for ps4? They won't be sold out, right? I always used futureshop for my purchases, and never EB, so I have no idea what their stock is usually like.

Roto13

So will I be ok to walk into an ebgames at around 4pm and pick up mgsv for ps4? They won't be sold out, right? I always used futureshop for my purchases, and never EB, so I have no idea what their stock is usually like.

It should be ok. That's the kind of game they'll probably have plenty of copies of. It's the niche stuff you have to pre-order if you want it at EB Games.

Rbk_3

If it comes the day after release, it comes the day after release. Would you rather pay $40 ish more and have it day one?

With that said, my only Amazon preorder came the day before release. :D

Cake Boss

Banned
contacted amazon again, she reassured me because I have day 1 shipping that it will arrive on the release day, then went on to say there is a technical issue and it will was passed on to the 'team' and should hear back from them either today or tomorrow.

Does anyone know what stores will sell the Forza 6 Xbox One controller separately from the bundle? I can't seem to find it on EBGames' site, or on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom