• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

J-Rzez

BigAT said:
I'll be purchasing Dead Rising in some form this winter. I got my 360 pretty late and I have yet to pick it up so I figure I'll probably wait until this drops and see how it compares.

You will buy the 360 version, and you will like it. You will like it. *waves fist*

Chinner

Banned
Arde5643 said:
It just re-affirms the notion that successful developers should never ever receive any gameplay input/advice from the gamers - criticism, yes- but not advice/inputs.
Else they'll end up like Sega's Sonic.
i appreciate what you're trying to say brah, but are you saying that sonic turned shit because they followed the fans advice? that seems like the opposite of whats happened.

123rl

What was so difficult about the old system? You're given a mission (go and rescue X, get an item from shop Y etc) and told the time you have to finish it. You can check your watch at any time and, if you know the shortcuts around the mall, every area is easy to access within 5 minutes. Go there, do the mission, and return with any nearby hostages. If you have time before the next mission, go and save some hostages or just go and mess around. Keep an eye on the time and return before the deadline. FFS it isn't difficult! If you can't do it and you fail, then just continue the game and mess around until the end of the game a few hours later. Or restart and keep your stats. What is so hard to understand? I'm asking this to everyone btw as most 360 owners were too stupid to understand this system and complained relentlessly - "it doesn't do what I expected..it's shit. Waa-waa-waa"

jrricky

Banned
123rl said:
Love the name :D Shame they changed the save system...that was the whole point of the game, idiots! You choose which missions to do and who to leave behind. In a real crisis do you get to say "Oh shit...I should have been over there instead of over here so now I can't save that person. Pause, load game, and choose an earlier checkpoint" The save system was fucking excellent because it rewarded people who finished the game more than once and saw everything, got the true ending, unlocked everything etc. Now they've turned it into a generic shooter save point system. So it's Dead Rising minus the save system, the hordes of enemies (ie the thing that gives it its atmosphere), and its complex gameplay. But at least you get to shake the controller and point at the screen. I was willing to overlook the cut-down version because it had new content and I love the game. I can accept certain changes but changing the save system will ruin everything that makes the game unique. No sale now...Capcom have broken the game and changed it because people were too stupid to understand the first time you play is to understand the game. YOU DON'T TRY AND FINISH THE GAME ON YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT!!
Wat? :lol Adding a better save system is bad now? Id rather have a better save system than an unforgiving one.

Chop till you drop.....SOLD.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
In addition to the cases, players will be faced with the dilemma of deciding the rescue priority of the residents of Wilamette who also sought sanctuary in the mall. Depending on the player’s skill, some may not be so fortunate as each rescue needs to be undertaken in a set time period, therefore players may need to delay completion of a case in order to save a fellow human.
I'm glad that they have left some time priority in the game, sounds like they want to keep some of the intensity without risking people missing parts of the plot. I have my fingers crossed for a mercenaries style quick play option, or is this not necessary (haven't played the original)?

123rl

ShockingAlberto said:
"Convicts that don't fucking respawn every day goddamnit" would have been a good bullet point.

Because getting THREE miniguns is a bad thing? :D First day - use an Uzi. Second day, use the chainsaws from Adam. Third day, use the sniper rifle.

123rl said:
Because getting THREE miniguns is a bad thing? :D First day - use an Uzi. Second day, use the chainsaws from Adam. Third day, use the sniper rifle.
No, getting three miniguns would be cool.

Respawning bosses when there's absolutely no sensical reasons for them to respawn is bad and reeks of amateur design.

I will still be picking this up. I think they are changing it a lot to the point where it is almost a totally different game. The only thing I hope is that if there is a Dead Rising 2, it will be a sequel to the 360 game and not this different Wii version.

I am pretty sure that Capcom has removed the function to change Frank's clothes, so that it works with rendered cutscences from the Xbox360 Version.

What do you think?

Frencherman said:
I am pretty sure that Capcom has removed the function to change Frank's clothes, so that it works with rendered cutscences from the Xbox360 Version.

What do you think?

I don't think they will care. Basically you go into a cutscene as Mega Man frank and see him in his regular outfit.

Frencherman said:

No. From the press release:

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop’s infectious humor delivers some welcome relief from the incessant tide of zombies with players able to dress Frank up in a variety of comedic costumes and take on the undead hordes with a selection of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Frencherman said:

What do you think?

Either that or they just won't care if he's in his normal clothes in cutscenes vs gameplay.

Leezard

Frencherman said:

What do you think?

..Or they do like the PS2 RE4 version, and simply let the clothes in the cutscenes be default, even though Frank may wear different clothes.

Linkzg said:
I don't think they will care. Basically you go into a cutscene as Mega Man frank and see him in his regular outfit.
yeah. they didn't care in PS2/PC RE4 either. still it's not a feature i'd greatly miss if they have pulled it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Blablurn said:
I appreciate this port. I mean, it's one of these 3rd partys games which will satify the core gamer (even concerning the fact there is a better xbox version). for the sake of all core gamer; i really hope this one is going to be successfull.

So how good was Dead Rising Wii compared to the original?

Cheeto

The only gaming t-shirt I own.
deadrisingtee.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
Yeah, but it's not HD. :(

But I'll buy it anyway as long as it offers enough incentive over the original. (Yes, I know about the removal of certain things like Otis and the camera?)

Also, I got that shirt too. The day I picked my game up I asked the guy if they had anymore shirts left (Since I preordered and he didn't offer it to me.) and he had one brick left. (Don't you just love those vacuum sealed t-shirt bricks?

Chinner

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
no way, real fans know they did this to make it casual friendly
Real Dead Rising fans know that this is a THREAT to OUR BELOVED game. I've heard rumours, you know. These rumours, which come from very reliable sources, show us that Capcom will release a update for the Xbox making it incredibly casual. Zombies will be replaced with football fans. This is a a HUGE threat to us videogame fans!

Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard it all:
"but but but, with more wii sales show us that the chance of a sequel will increase"
"ga ga goo goo zombies r scary wahh wahhh milk is hot"
"heh i cant wait to combine dead rising with wii fit and use it as a devcie to actually RUN AWAY from all 12 zombies!"

You Wii fans can personally shove it! Obivously, us REAL DEAD RISING fans scoff to ourselves at your crazy claims about a sequel. WE KNOW that if a sequel will be made, that it will INSTANTLY be casual and will not fufill our desires and personally we would prefer NOT TO HAVE A SEQUEL at all so that we know that when Capcom TAKES OUT ADVICE they will make the most BESTEST game ever which will please all 12 of us fans.

You wii gamers are just fully intent on ruining it for everyone, arnt you?

nightez

Banned
So I guess this is worth picking up mostly because it will actually play quite differently from the original Dead Rising. Since they are using a completely different engine. The MT Framework was evolved from the Onimusha engine. Now they are using an enhanced RE4 engine for this new title.

Sadist

Chinner said:
Real Dead Rising fans know that this is a THREAT to OUR BELOVED game. I've heard rumours, you know. These rumours, which come from very reliable sources, show us that Capcom will release a update for the Xbox making it incredibly casual. Zombies will be replaced with football fans. This is a a HUGE threat to us videogame fans!

"but but but, with more wii sales show us that the chance of a sequel will increase"
"heh i cant wait to combine dead rising with wii fit and use it as a devcie to actually RUN AWAY from all 12 zombies!"

You Wii fans can personally shove it! Obivously, us REAL DEAD RISING fans scoff to ourselves at your crazy claims about a sequel. WE KNOW that if a sequel will be made, that it will INSTANTLY be casual and will not fufill our desires and personally we would prefer NOT TO HAVE A SEQUEL at all so that we know that when Capcom TAKES OUT ADVICE they will make the most BESTEST game ever which will please all 12 of us fans.

I hope this is sarcasm.

M74

Chinner said:

Either this is a great attempt at sarcasm, or you have serious issues that need to be worked out. :lol

onipex

I would rather have an upgraded RE4 engine that takes advantage of the Wii more, but it is still a buy.

This makes it 16 must buy Wii games by the end of the year for me.

NEO Frog

Banned
Hmmm...I think I'll get this. And like another poster said, this should do well vs Nintendo's announced fall games.

Hopefully it runs as smooth as RE4 since it is using the same engine.

Threi

notag
Chinner said:

duck1.png

Ysiadmihi said:
Yeah I hope not. RE4 looks like ass on my TV :(

Time to break out the old CRT...

definately, my old gamecube was hooked up to a 28 inch widescreen late model Sony CRT, progresive scan and all that jazz...compared to now, where I've got a LCD 32inch philips hd and a wii, the new tele great for hd films...but for wii i'm not so sure.

I can remember being blown away by the graphics of cube games like FX zero GX, Jungle beat, REmake, viewtiful joe the list goes on,

with the motionplus finally giving to us 1:1 wiimote action, cant Nintendo just make a little flash drive that turns the Wiis visual output to HD?

Dascu

Kibbles said:
First image, courtesy of DailyGamerBlog.com

http://www.dailygamerblog.com/wp-content/gallery/ryan-fleischer/494x_drwiihead.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol :lol

[QUOTE]So is this a new game and not a port then? I really can't tell from the press release.[/QUOTE]
It's a Wiimake: New controls, new content and different game mechanics.

SuperPac

I really dislike it when I see on blogs (KOHLER!!! *shakes fist*) something about how the save system or the restart system was somehow a flaw to the first game. I loved that, personally. But because of all that public bitching, Capcom's gonna neuter the game. Great. Let's hope maybe somehow it will survive in a special mode or something. 'Cuz that was really the appeal of Dead Rising for me and I ended up playing through several times, something I rarely do with any games.

Top Bottom