• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

Lefty42o

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Good going on your post here. Yeah, So we have seen a few screenshots where the backgrounds look barren. You really think there going to release the game like this?

As for saying your tired of CRAP games? Dead Rising is anything BUT and Capcom is doing a great service for Wii players giving them a chance to play this game. Sure there is some alterations but the core game is going to remain the same and for the Wii. Sure... Capcom... don't waste your time putting that game on the Wii, I mean the graphics will have to be altered but... JEBUS man. This is only a positive thing for the Wii.

As for the truck part, you don't even drive a truck in that part and who knows how they will do it. Capcom doesn't do shitty ports so I'm sure the game will be fine. Sure it won't look as good as 360, sure it won't be an exact port, but its Dead Rising for the Wii... and thats a damn good thing.

how s a game that opriginally ahd over 100 zombies on screen downgraded a plus?

next ypu do drive a truck or a van or what ever you want to call it. and after running over 1,000 zombies it would break down and than you had to find another vehicle. i hated that part but loved it at the same time. how will that work if they can't handle that many zombies on screen?

i have said 3 or 4 times now i hope i am wrong and they show more of the game with tons more zombies. i would be all over it. but these screens they released look like crap. not the graphics just no zombies.

VAIL said:
Pushing a ton of enemies inst a problem, ps2 did it.... it's pushing them with any sort of quality along with everything else that is going on. Does every DR thread have to turn to shit with trolls or butthurt fans of the original?

so every person who has a negative opinion is a troll. got it

Lefty42o said:
this is my opinion based on the screenshots. since i am not a troll my opinion is open to change if i see more shots or video that shows tons more zombies.

till than it appears like a crap port and as a wii owner i am tired of this.

next wtf is a real core supporter? so buying the system and software and add ons and extra cables and extra wii motes some how makes me less of a supporter cause i am not happy with how a games appears? thats the worse statement i have ever read :lol

We'll see. Maybe we will have the same attitude towards this game after the first videos ;).

Do not forget that Capcom ist in general not a "Crapporter" like Ubisoft for example. You should give them a chance.

Lefty42o

Banned
Frencherman said:
We'll see. Maybe we will have the same attitude towards this game after the first videos ;).

Do not forget that Capcom ist in general not a "Crapporter" like Ubisoft for example. You should give them a chance.

lol this is not a capcom vs ubisoft argument.

this is my reaction and opinion after seeing the media capcom released. i will keep an open mind but as of right now i would not buy this port. its that simple.

Lefty42o said:
how s a game that opriginally ahd over 100 zombies on screen downgraded a plus?

But there doing the BEST they can do for the Wii, its not the 360. Its gotta be a severe job making this game work on the Wii but if Capcom had any doubt it couldn't be done, I'm sure they wouldn't. I can almost bet money that there will be plenty zombies in the game.

Lefty42o said:
there was like 3 trucks and 2 or 3 cars spread out over the section.

I always found the trucks you disarm the
bombs on
but never saw a truck that was drivable... DANG! Now I'm like... gotta check it out.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I drive the motorcycle, where is this truck?; guess I never stumbled upon it.

the trucks (vans I guess) scattered about. I believe the first one that has a bomb is the one you can take, plus there are several more. Not sure how you did the whole thing with the motorcycle...it only lasted me until the first bomb.

Lefty42o

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
I always found the trucks you disarm the
bombs on
but never saw a truck that was drivable... DANG! Now I'm like... gotta check it out.

its been awhile but i am sure those trucks were drivable and i would use it to get to the next truck. there was 1 more that had no bomb that was drivable.

OK, as far as the game itself, everything that should have been said has been said 10 times each. Don't need to pummel the Wii-only gamers into the ground.

My only new comment is about the name, it's a decent one. Anyone remember the ads for Dead Rising for 360 in the US? That's where the name comes from.

onipex

M74 said:
Somehow, I don't believe you. What 16 games are worth buying on Wii in 2008?

So you have a problem believing that I want to buy games for the console that I own? Or are you just trying to bait me into listing the game I want so you pick apart the list?

Obviously if you can’t think of 16 games in all of 2008 that are worth buying on the Wii then there is no reason for me to explain myself to you. You must have different taste in games than I do and we can just leave it at that.

gregor7777 said:
the trucks (vans I guess) scattered about. I believe the first one that has a bomb is the one you can take, plus there are several more. Not sure how you did the whole thing with the motorcycle...it only lasted me until the first bomb.

I just weaved in and out of the zombie crowd as good as possible. Usually would break before the last one... or it a certain someone threw a certain molotovcocktail and blew it up... the bastard!

Chinner

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
I drive the motorcycle, where is this truck?; guess I never stumbled upon it.

Theres one where the kitchen/butchers place next to one of the bombs. Alternativly, once you enter the turrel, take a left and keep going.

BTW I have to say that if they simple fixed just the respawning prisoners would give me enough reason to buy this version.

I have my 360 version still and love it but that part ALWAYS annoys me. CAPCOM are you listening... fix that!

And while your at it, add a teaser for the sequel at the end! :D

Jammy

Banned
I'm looking forward to this game, if only because I can finally read the fucking text now. :lol

EDIT: Quite odd how THE game which seems to benefit most from next-generation hardware in terms of brand new gameplay is coming to Wii. I was dead-set on Dead Rising being the best showcase for new gameplay ideas on the current consoles. Now...

Flakster99

dark10x said:
Wow, it actually uses the RE4 engine?! That's actually really awesome. I might be interested in this now simply because RE4 was so rock solid.

I agree. The engine is definitely rock solid, and it would be a waste of resources if it was not ported, or at the very least adapted to other games.

The change to the save system is a huge plus for me.

Sadist said:
What's with the butt hurt 360 DR fans?

It seems to me that these guys don't have any intention to buy Chop Till' You Drop and their constant jammering about DR 2 gets really old really fast. And the funny thing is, DR 2 doesn't even EXCIST on this very moment. Maybe everyone should play the game first before passing judgement. And of course, who ever said the Wii version will influence a possible sequal? All in in your heads kids.
Sounds like this is your first Dead Rising Wii thread. There's at least four such threads that rapidly filled with royally butt-hurt DR 360 fans. The first one wasn't so bad though for the first few pages but after that, yeah.

Anyways, I like the name and as I've said in the other threads they fixed the save system so I'm day one on this.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Can I just say I fucking hate the term "butt hurt"

laserbeam

Banned
Capcom has something to say

“If you like RE4 Wii’s control scheme, you’re going to love this. I think it’s important to note: this isn’t a port. This is recreated from the ground up for the Wii. So while it borrows things like story and location, there are many changes from the 360 beyond the obvious graphical ones.” - Christian Svensson, Capcom’s Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

Threi

notag
laserbeam said:

“If you like RE4 Wii’s control scheme, you’re going to love this. I think it’s important to note: this isn’t a port. This is recreated from the ground up for the Wii. So while it borrows things like story and location, there are many changes from the 360 beyond the obvious graphical ones.” - Christian Svensson, Capcom’s Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development
That is what i like to hear. Purchase confirmed.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Glad to see the trolls got what they deserved. This game is serious business and it looks like it could be awesome fun.

supercake

I don't care if the game is downgraded, I trust Capcom will do a fine job. Besides, some of you should just calm down, for all we know these could all be shots from Day 1.

The only thing I'm curious about is if Infinity Mode will be changed. I hate having to look at FAQs and be at the mercy of bosses randomly showing up so I can progress.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
laserbeam said:

re4 gameplay/controls + many zombies = day 2

Scrubking

So can you clear this up? It's using the RE4 Wii engine? So.... it's using the RE4 gamecube engine basically with wii aiming? I thought it was going to use this .NET framework?

.NET framework? .NET is microsoft, not Capcom. Capcom is Framework or MT Framework if you must. And no, it's not running on that engine. Framework is not a Wii engine at this time. As stated in the press release, it's running on the latest version of our Wii engine used for RE4 Wii Edition.

Roughly how many on screen enemies can you put out on wii?

The screenshots released give you a decent idea. Suffice to say, it's not the number we could do on 360, but that's to be expected. It'll be sufficient to keep you well busy though.

Will those A-hole jeep guys keep reappearing once you kill them?

You'll see...

Do you have anything else apart from this, neopets, Spyborgs and MH3 planned for wii anytime soon?

You forgot Megaman 9... but again, at any one time, you only know about half the games we have in development. That's all I'll say on this.

More from Svensson (in bold).

laserbeam said:

Yeah, this is going to be a totally different take on what Dead Rising had going for it. I am happy because they do seem like they are quite different.

Dascu

laserbeam said:

Consider it bought.

Now how about some IGN watermarks on the cover?

Sadist

Dascu said:
Consider it bought.

Now how about some IGN watermarks on the cover?
168eu6o.gif

Threi said:
:lol .NET Framework

Good lord...we've officially reached a point where non-technical game media shouldn't be asking questions over their head. They don't realize it unfortunately.

Makes for good lols though.

Wow a totally new title with totally different direction, controls, built from the ground up?

we need a title change and also this is totally on my radar.

M74

I wish they would have upgraded the RE4 engine at least, or scaled down Framework to fit the Wii. :/

Still looking forward to it, though.

Linkup

So it's running on the RE4 engine yet the assets are new. Actually, if these are new assets then RE4 port team did a decent job with their limited resources. It's likely they added a few texture artist to the team of 7-9.

Anyway, with all the RE4-ish changes I'm starting to look forward to this.

Top Bottom