• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Europe teases E3 lineup, reveal at 5pm BST

ULTROS! said:
Wait... So DR2 is directly related to DR1?

So how will the PS3-only owners understand the game?

Recap prior to starting the game? Ala DMC4? I hope media outlets offer enough attention on Sengoku Basara there's 10 of us that care around here.

Xater

Nirolak said:
I knew I shouldn't have guessed Monster Hunter Portable 3.

You will have to wait for TGS. It's still such a Japan centric franchise, especially being on the PSP.

Dascu

Scythesurge said:
Hoping there is something they will bring that they didn't list, but I'm not holding my breath.
We also have a couple surprises in store so make sure to visit us here at the Capcom Europe Blog for all the latest news on Capcom at E3

ReiGun

Okay. Saving DT3 for the big show. Smart.
:'(

In all seriousness though, of course they weren't going to blow their load before E3. Anyone who expected otherwise needs to learn patience.

Xater

Urban Scholar said:
Recap prior to starting the game? Ala DMC4? I hope media outlets offer enough attention on Sengoku Basara there's 10 of us that care around here.

Don't hold your breath. Most people will see it an be like "LULZ this looks like all the DW shit! Let's look at that FPS other there!"

Dabanton

I hope people who like to post these twitter announcements have learned their lesson stop doing game pr's Job for free. :lol

Dascu

Scythesurge said:
I meant something totally awesome. You never know what they mean by surprises, for all we know they can think that showing Mega Man Online would be a surprise.
I imagine they'll at least announce 1 big new game. All signs point towards a new DMC developed by Ninja Theory.

sinxtanx

Did anyone really think they were going to reveal their entire E3 lineup a week beforehand?

Such things are simply not done.

They are still dicks for teasing

Bizzyb

Banned
harry4000uk said:
i doubt that's coming out now

there'd be no point if they're releasing a psp2

They way PSP software and hardware has been selling I'd be surprised to see it actually released on PSP.

eso76

Lightning said:
R.I.P DMC franchise when that happens.

i don't know where the rumor comes from but i think that's quite unlikely considering ninja theory is working on enslaved for namco. Also that would make no sense at all imho.
Good developer, but what makes us (or capcom) think they really have an in depth understanding of japanese action games ?

eso76 said:
i don't know where the rumor comes from but i think that's quite unlikely considering ninja theory is working on enslaved for namco. Also that would make no sense at all imho.
Good developer, but what makes us (or capcom) think they really have an in depth understanding of japanese action games ?

Ninja Theory has already confirmed that they're working on another game for another publisher. They were asked specifically about DMC and that's what they said. So they wouldn't actually deny that it was DMC. Capcom has also said that they're going to continue to work with Western developers but that won't be fore new IP's. So obviously they're going to be working on Capcom's established properties.

Takao

Banned
djtiesto said:
Was Last Ranker ever announced for a US release?

Nope. Sony said they had a lot in store for PSP this year, next week would be a good time to start revealing that.

Lightning

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
While I hate people who jump to conclusions like this, I honestly do share this opinion. =(
Believe me, I would love to be optimistic about the idea but my confidence in Ninja Theory is minimal at best.

I love the DMC franchise and it would pain me greatly to have what I consider a lower class developer butcher what I consider the benchmark for pure action gaming.

Sectus

jabipun said:
I hope to God Ninja Theory is doing RE6.

Leave my DMC alone.
Oh dear god, RE6 would be even worse! Just let all Capcom's major titles be developed by Capcom.

Or at least, treat them as spinoffs. I wouldn't mind if Ninja Theory were making a spin off title, like: "Devil May Cry 0: LiiiiIIIiiiiiight!". That would be okay as long as we knew Capcom would still be making DMC5.

Valcryst

Neo Member
So this is the E3 partial list;

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Ōkamiden
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Dead Rising 2

I'm a bit disappointed; about the first one, meh, I don't get why this game has less playable characters than SB2 Heroes for PS2, really.
Then we have two DS games, 2 sequels from recent next gen games and MVC3 (ok, this is a nice one!).

I don't get it...what about new title for brands like Rival Schools, Dino Crisis, Darkstalkers, or a Strider à-la-DMC action game, a D&D Mysteria action RPG, a GOW-like Ghost'n Goblins...you have the greatest titles ever made, make us happy!

Valcryst said:
Then we have two DS games, 2 sequels from recent next gen games and MVC3 (ok, this is a nice one!).

those two DS games look more interesting than 90% of the shit out there

what's the problem?

ArjanN

Relaxed Muscle said:
DMC4 was shit,

No, it was still a very good action game despite it's flaws.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think the series right now it's a nice fit for Ninja Theory.

Agreed.

eso76 said:
i don't know where the rumor comes from but i think that's quite unlikely considering ninja theory is working on enslaved for namco.

Enslaved is already done anyway.

Top Bottom