• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom sure is having a rough E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeline

MH World: I'm only hearing positivity on my end. The reaction is after hunting robot Dino's in Horizon, we get to hunt realistic monsters. The gameplay trailer they showed didn't really show much, so I'm still unsure about it personally. Still excited though.

MvC: hype died with the lacking roster. Old Man Logan will bring me back in.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
The reactions to World have been getting more and more positive as more info comes out. It just had a really bad trailer.

MvC:I and them not localizing XX are definitely bad though.

This and DMC fans getting shat on like usual

Anung

Un Rama
Never played a Monster Hunter before so I'll definitely be grabbing World when it comes out and seeing what all the fuss is about.

Marvel looks like shit and I played the demo and it did nothing for me so I've moved on. Dragonbahl totally ate their lunch there.

I just want some Resi news to be honest. Let me know what REmake 2 is and maybe some RE7 DLC.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Monster Hunter looks good. Marvel does not, but still may turn out fine in the end. DBZ came out of nowhere and just stomped all over it.

I'm just kind of surprised that this was it from them. I was expecting more game announcements.

Ban Puncher

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite needs to be stuffed back into the oven for another 6-12 months lest it suffer the undercooked fate of SFV.

robot

You know shit's bad when the only content they have to show for Street Fighter V during their E3 stream are 3 costumes (with no release date) and a character/stage that were released last month.

All this knowing there are still 3 more characters that Season Pass holders don't have any information about. They really are clueless.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

giphy.gif

Laplasakos

People are excited about MH World and everywhere i turn is positive comments and impressions so i am not sure how not bringing XX to the west threws out of the window all this. Also what Capcom said is that they are not thinking about it now because they are focused on MH World.

Vena

Would it be possible for Nintendo to Publish MH:XX for the West?

I think Capcom wants this so it does cost less to them

Other way around. Its not Nintendo's game and right now they (Capcom) seem to want laser precision focus on MHW in the West. Having Nintendo localize, advertise, and launch MHXX in the west could potentially lead to a major clusterfuck depending on how near to each other the launches would be.

Hell, Nintendo could just go full Yamauchi-mode and launch MHXX on the Switch/3DS on the same day as MHW. That would be a sight to behold.

They want to avoid MHXX siphoning interest from MHW as MHW is a major investment that is nigh-guaranteed to see >50% decline in its home market. That has to be made up in RotW.

Playsage

I feel sorry for MvCI as he got his thunder stolen by DB FighterZ just as it was starting to build some hype with the E3 hands-on

Kuraudo

Banned
Infinite is rightfully getting slammed, but World is probably the biggest risk from a creative and financial position and it seems to have paid off with how well-received it is, so I think they're doing alright.

Rmagnus

Banned
No the problem is not monster hunter world, I am pretty interested in it. Problem lies with not bringing mhxx over.

BigEmil

Nintendo fans were always going to be pissed off by the MH situation. Capcom spent the last few years crowing about all the growth the series was seeing thanks to Nintendo and the 3DS entries in the west then immediately throws them under the bus to chase those big AAA dollars they were so desperate for last gen.
It would've done fine before if it was multiplatform. More platform more money

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
re: MHXX. The biggest fuck you is to the grassroot efforts by fans that helped push the popularity of each successive MH release over the past few years.

To abandon both them and new adopters, -especially- during such a crucially opportunistic period of the Switch life, is just baffling. They are literally cannibalizing their own golden goose.

Other way around. Its not Nintendo's game and right now they (Capcom) seem to want laser precision focus on MHW in the West. Having Nintendo localize, advertise, and launch MHXX in the west could potentially lead to a major clusterfuck depending on how near to each other the launches would be.

Hell, Nintendo could just go full Yamauchi-mode and launch MHXX on the Switch/3DS on the same day as MHW. That would be a sight to behold.

They want to avoid MHXX siphoning interest from MHW as MHW is a major investment that is nigh-guaranteed to see >50% decline in its home market. That has to be made up in RotW.

Wouldent selling MH on all platforms be a good thing dispite MHW and MH:XX being different titles? One that brings the power of Current Gen Hardware and the other being made just for The Switch/3DS?

I can't believe it's been 9 years since we've had a true DMC sequel.

Can you blame em? While I don't think they've released their numbers on console, DMC4:SE numbers on steam spy aren't good despite being on steam for nearly two years and discounted numerous times.

I'm sure they've also taken a look at Bayonetta's numbers at a glance over the years and think "shit this is better than DMC and they struggle selling it".

re: MHXX. The biggest fuck you is to the grassroot efforts by fans that helped push the popularity of each successive MH release over the past few years.

To abandon both them and new adopters, -especially- during such a crucially opportunistic period of the Switch life, is just baffling. They are literally cannibalizing their own golden goose.

Now you understand how PSP users felt :p

I wasn't surprised at the lack of DMC5 but it was still a shame it wasn't shown (if it's even being worked on). The really weird lack of REmake 2 is what bothers me the most. Where on earth is that game?

MvC:I looks like dog shit, visually, but it's clear that the gameplay is in good hands and it'll be a big hit with the FGC as long as they aren't put off too much by the awful presentation.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
DBZ reminded FG fans what it's like to be excited about a game because it looks fucking good, rather than being excited about a game because it's a sequel to a game they like. No one thinks MvCI looks genuinely good and people went full on Stockholm after we saw it. DBZ woke a lot of people up.

Wouldent selling MH on all platforms be a good thing dispite MHW and MH:XX being different titles? One that brings the power of Current Gen Hardware and the other being made just for The Switch/3DS?

Of course it would be a good thing. A Switch owner could play XX, fall in love with the series, then buy World next year on one of the other platforms. Brand synergy.

But you know, Capcom.

BlizzKrut

Banned

Yeah, like MH fans aren't accostumed to the series changing platform in a regular basis.

NotLiquid

It's pretty crazy that Capcom's MonHun account had to go to Twitter and perform damage control over their comments about XX. World looks nice and I don't doubt that Marvel Infinite will be fun to play but Capcom hasn't exactly had a lot of good will to go around for the last few months.

KraytarJ

MH World seems to have turned its reception around after the clarification made it clear that's it not as dire a change as the 4chan leak made it seem. MVC though…

Gren

MonHun World was the best thing out of this year's E3 for me (that's not saying much though).

I'll admit that my excitement for Infinite is tepid at best.

I'm just disapointed we've got :
-No deep down
-No dragon dogma
-No ace attorney news
-No DMC ( no dante in MVC:I doesn't count )
-No RE7 dlc info

just very disapointed

DBZ reminded FG fans what it's like to be excited about a game because it looks fucking good, rather than being excited about a game because it's a sequel to a game they like. No one thinks MvCI looks genuinely good and people went full on Stockholm after we saw it. DBZ woke a lot of people up.

Capcom should just Delay MvC:I for awhile to continue to work on it. Its going to get destroyed by DragonBall Z Fighters

cordy

Banned
Speaking of Capcom, anyone saw when Gootecks was sitting with that Capcom rep trying to help them sell their SFV DLC and the rep completely gave dude bad news? Gootecks was like "man I'm trying to help you sell your product what the hell lol."

I feel sorry for MvCI as he got his thunder stolen by DB FighterZ just as it was starting to build some hype with the E3 hands-on

Yeah, we're just starting to see how crazy Infinite's gameplay potential is but people are already jumping ship. Can't really say I blame anyone but it's a shame.

Zukkoyaki

People pretty widely loving Monster Hunter Worlds

Though to be fair, MvC:I is getting roasted which I kind of expected to happen given how ready the internet was to pounce on it from the beginning. Dragonball getting announced and looking superior in every single way made things worse for it. At least MvC:I gameplay looks/sounds good.

HeelPower

Announcement of Monster Hunter is a huge move forward,especially for pushing PS4 hardware in Japan.

If you think capcom had a rough E3, I'd say you need to re-examine your expectations.Monster Hunter is all they needed to announce.

MvC4 hate is irrational to me.

Toxi

Banned
Monster Hunter World seems like a win that was marred by poorly chosen reveal footage, a bullshit 4chan rumor, and Capcom's asinine decision not to localize XX. But people are turning around on it, and hopefully the June 20 stream impresses.

OP coming with the agenda because Capcom did not please them. MHW is one of the games getting the most buzz out of this E3. Japanese reaction is positive as well.

Ridley327

Despite what some may think, the current situation with MHXX spreads a lot further beyond any perceived "salty Nintendo fans," as we're now back to the good ol' days of wondering what the hell Capcom's mission is with a franchise if they're not willing to go the distance with it. Some might say, "well, you should be used to it by now," but there's no earthly reason why that has to remain the case, especially in this instance where they can't cite a shift in console generations, a toxic software sales environment or disagreements with western staff as to why it can't be localized, as we're talking about a game where a lot of the heavy lifting has existed for nearly a year now. The fan base would be more than delighted to have the chance to buy two big new Monster Hunter games, but we're being told we're getting just one and you had better like it. It's a source of absolute frustration that could have been easily avoided and it really should have with proper planning and a better grasp on the wants and needs of the fan base, given how different the circumstances are from the time of MH2 and the two versions of MHP3.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
MH World is a huge deal and they seem to be pulling it off so lets not go full cynic here.

OuterLimits

It'll be telling which sells better in Japan, XX or World. The negativity on gaf is overblown but I'd bet money that Capcom is nervous about this decision.

Of course they are nervous. It's a gamble that could work out fantastically, or seriously hurt them financially if it doesn't sell well. It's honestly surprising that they aren't releasing the Switch game in the West since that seems like a fairly safe bet to make at least some profit. Would help to offset losses if World struggles, or bring in more money if it succeeds.

Granted, I have no clue how many copies Capcom is hoping to sell of World in the West. I'm hoping they aren't expecting Resident Evil numbers, but who knows with Capcom. Hell, I still wish Dragon's Dogma had sold better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom