• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If a Dino Crisis remake is announced, how would you want Capcom to do it?

Surprise reveal or greenlight PSA?

• Total voters

Roni

Gold Member
So, E3 is canned this year, maybe forever this time... Caught myself reminiscing about announcements, and Capcom's approach to communicating with the fanbase has been all over the place; however, given their great output as of Iate I'm willing to assume it's because their strategy involves actually listening to consumers. We've had simple, seemingly improptu announcements like RE2's:

On the other hand, Capcom has shown discipline and the capacity to keep a secret even when making big moves with something like RE7. Remember the reactions?

As the audience, what do we want here? Assurances that it's coming ASAP and a more fleshed out trailer closer to release or just the surprise close to a potential launch date - bonus points for dropping a demo along with the trailer like RE7.

T Rex fest

T Rex Dinosaur GIF

Last edited:
Make it a co-op GaaS but avoid any affiliation with the Dino Crisis brand.

And for some reason: mechsuits.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Dino crisis 1 with a little more action... Less puzzles.

Dino crisis 2... Action... But put a few more puzzles.

flying_sq

Complete rework, I have tried to play it off and on for a few years, furthest I got was the T.Rex crashing through the window. Dial back the Resident Evil DNA by about 50-75%

Roni

Gold Member
Complete rework, I have tried to play it off and on for a few years, furthest I got was the T.Rex crashing through the window. Dial back the Resident Evil DNA by about 50-75%
It's why I want the remake in the first place!

flying_sq

It's why I want the remake in the first place!
Yea, I think MGS but dinosaurs would be about right. I thought it was weird that a special force is dropped into a situation with no ammo, and basically no supplies. Would be cool to start off heavy with resources, but ammo and guns would be hard to find.

SALMORE

it won't work ! the dinos are fast and big and a " behind the shoulder " 3rd person camera won't help

Comandr

I'd like to think we might see something sooner than later.

Let's examine the facts:
A brand new game with all new highly detailed dinosaur models is coming out.
One of the characters is a red head that looks a lot like Regina.
Capcom has recently experienced overwhelming success with remakes of popular games of that era.

There's no way that they can really be betting that Exoprimal is going to be a runaway success. It's such a left field product. Kudos for trying new ideas, but literally no one asked for this, and I haven't heard real critical acclaim from the open beta. I can't get past the feeling that Capcom is sort of ... just throwing us a little bone. Something to chew on to remind us that they haven't forgotten about Dino Crisis. As if to say "We are working on something, but in the mean time, why don't you lose yourself in this crisis scenario filled with dinosaur action?"

I just can't help but feel like this is the FF7 remake troll moment and somewhere there's a dev team laughing their asses off when they see DC fans work themselves into a froth.

Vick

I'd like to think we might see something sooner than later.

Let's examine the facts:
A brand new game with all new highly detailed dinosaur models is coming out.
One of the characters is a red head that looks a lot like Regina.
Capcom has recently experienced overwhelming success with remakes of popular games of that era.

There's no way that they can really be betting that Exoprimal is going to be a runaway success. It's such a left field product. Kudos for trying new ideas, but literally no one asked for this, and I haven't heard real critical acclaim from the open beta. I can't get past the feeling that Capcom is sort of ... just throwing us a little bone. Something to chew on to remind us that they haven't forgotten about Dino Crisis. As if to say "We are working on something, but in the mean time, why don't you lose yourself in this crisis scenario filled with dinosaur action?"

I just can't help but feel like this is the FF7 remake troll moment and somewhere there's a dev team laughing their asses off when they see DC fans work themselves into a froth.
5fx.gif

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just say they are releasing it in a week. I don't want no announcement. If it ain't coming out in a month then I don't want to hear about it at all.

Ivan

Was there any recent talk about this that I missed? Don't play with me...

First two games came in the "wrong" era for that formula, one would think it was overdone at that point, but somehow they made a game with resident evil tank controls so much fun as an action game.

I still can't put my finger on it, there's some magic sauce there. I love everything about Dino Crisis...

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
I would really like a surprise announcement but a Fortnite skin alongside with the announcement would also do.

Im kidding, I have never played Fortnite.

Last edited:

Zephyrus0

Banned
"We were making a remake of dino crisis but instead we used the funding of that on an IP people actually care about"

Anything besides this will be a disappointment

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Surprise of course

Even from home we can feel the hype when a surprise thing is announced. Just know how to do it, because the REmake 4 was kinda dull in comparison with REmake 2 and VII

RAIDEN1

Make (some) of the dinosaurs as intelligent as the Alien in Alien Isolation...reflecting what we know about the Dino's now compared to 1996

Top Bottom