• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "We've got no plans for PS Vita Monster Hunter at the moment"

Kurod

Banned
That's what I thought. Going from P3rd's insane sales of over 2 million on the first day, over 3 million the first month, and currently over 5 million and holding onto the title of best selling 3rd party game in the history of Japan to that would have been a major blow.

That they have plans for PSVita at all.

iynPgt.gif

That's what I thought. Going from P3rd's insane sales of over 2 million on the first day, over 3 million the first month, and currently over 5 million and holding onto the title of best selling 3rd party game in the history of Japan to that would have been a major blow.

Its a game thats been out about 4 times in different variations now. Last time they discussed it, it was selling above expectations.

I still have no idea why people think the userbase of +1M on Vita will cause a fracture in time and suck in all the people that like MH. 3DS plays MH better than the PSP; in 3D; and will have MH4 this Summer/August/whenever it is. It really is putting your head in the sand and pure fanboyish ideas.

Capcom only gained one thing with the PSP - it was a 3D system. Sony hardly supported it and basically profited off Capcom's efforts.

I've said it before - if Nintendo didn't exist, Capcom would have launched a Japan only handheld. Instead they see the benefit in selling both to the MH fans and to the current Nintendo userbase who have never played Monster Hunter.

If MH4 has a lower LTD than MHP3; I think they will be disappointed.
MH3G is doing fantastic for them however.

Ridley327

The point is not that they are not putting MH on Vita per se, but they refuse to make the a technological leap for the series.

Soul Sacrifice is the only example of a hunting action game that's taking advantage of the hardware; all the other ones are, quite literally, PSP ports with some extra flash.

Kurod

Banned
Its a game thats been out about 4 times in different variations now. Last time they discussed it, it was selling above expectations.

I still have no idea why people think the userbase of +1M on Vita will cause a fracture in time and suck in all the people that like MH. 3DS plays MH better than the PSP; in 3D; and will have MH4 this Summer/August/whenever it is. It really is putting your head in the sand and pure fanboyish ideas.

Capcom only gained one thing with the PSP - it was a 3D system. Sony hardly supported it and basically profited off Capcom's efforts.

I've said it before - if Nintendo didn't exist, Capcom would have launched a Japan only handheld. Instead they see the benefit in selling both to the MH fans and to the current Nintendo userbase who have never played Monster Hunter.

I said "THAT" in regards to the listed 200k+ earlier. The 2 million of the 3DS is more in line with what is generally expected of a MonHun game. I made no mention of the Vita in any way so please stop throwing around accusations of fanboyism. It makes you sound overly defensive like one yourself.

This thread has served its purpose now.

That'll do, pig.

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of the system you'll find on gaf. I love my PSVita and it's my main system right now (I actually care for portability), but Capcom already gave us enough proof that Vita is at most an afterthought. With the recent news about them cancelling lots of unannounced games, the best I can expect from them on Vita is some multi-plaform releases.

Ridley327

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of the system you'll find on gaf. I love my PSVita and it's my main system right now (I actually care for portability), but Capcom already gave us enough proof that Vita is at most an afterthought. With the recent news about them cancelling lots of unannounced games, the best I can expect from them on Vita is some multi-plaform releases.

The RE:R snub was absolutely brutal. Even I was shocked to see it skip the Vita.

Now now now, MHP3 is the best selling third party game in Japan. It would really depend on how much less MH4 sells than MHP3. MHP3 was a freaking monster so I don't expect MH4 to match it, honestly.

I said "THAT" in regards to the listed 200k+ earlier. The 2 million of the 3DS is more in line with what is generally expected of a MonHun game. I made no mention of the Vita in any way so please stop throwing around accusations of fanboyism. It makes you sound overly defensive like one yourself.

MH3U is just a porting in the same line of those HD collection you see on PS360. In Japan, it was released on 3DS at first, and it's there that had to sell. It's still selling, so Capcom is of course happy on the sales. And it's just an expansion of a 3 year old game.

The point is not that they are not putting MH on Vita per se, but they refuse to make a technological leap for the series.

Why are you implying that bringing MH on Vita would have meant having a technological leap? If you're a fan of MH, you should acknowledge how MH4 is making a big step forward in term of gameplay, which is what it's important for the series in the first place.

I really don't see how they'd be that disappointed then. They're used to it; suspect Capcom are just happy to at least get some focus/support for the game in the West.

Now now now, MHP3 is the best selling third party game in Japan. It would really depend on how much less MH4 sells than MHP3. MHP3 was a freaking monster so I don't expect MH4 to match it, honestly.

I think Capcom's decision to go to the 3DS was to ensure the long term success of the series, and at the very least keep sales on level. However I do think they saw an oppurtunity to sell to a new audience who they had not engaged with before whilst also selling to the old audience.

yurinka

A forum mod obviously won't announce something that big. If they are going to announce it won't do it replying a forum thread.

A brand new MH3U isn't selling on 3DS as well the MH PSP rehases did. It's Capcom, so they'll end porting. If not to Vita, they'll port to PSP.

Kurod

Banned
Whoa, I don't know about all that.

I definitely turned off the 3D a few minutes in, though. The font is still pretty horrible.

I find the antialiasing in 2D mode much more pleasing to the eye. I agree about the text as well. I'm not sure what the heck went on with that but it is borderline illegible.

jimmypython

Why are you implying that bringing MH on Vita would have meant having a technological leap? If you're a fan of MH, you should acknowledge how MH4 is making a big step forward in term of gameplay, which is what it's important for the series in the first place.

Wow calm down my friend. Where did you get this from? I'd be more than happy if they made a MH from ground up for your WiiU. In fact I will rush out to get one immediately if that happens.

By many accounts on the internet and from folks I know, the 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 is a less than ideal way to play the game, especially for newcomers. Vita's hardware seems better suited for the experience, but not gonna hold my breath at this point. It'll likely be console or nothing for me if I ever attempt to get into MH, despite it being something I'd rather have on the go.

I was totally new to MH and the 3DS version controls fine. Capcom did a good job with the controls considering there is no native 2nd stick.

when you see people on the internet saying silly stuff like its unplayable etc etc. They are simply lying.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
A forum mod obviously won't announce something that big. If they are going to announce it won't do it replying a forum thread.

A brand new MH isn't selling on 3DS as well the MH PSP rehases did. It's Capcom, so they'll end porting. If not to Vita, they'll port to PSP.

Which is selling 9k a week and barely has many games in the top 20 these days that sell significant amount.

There honestly doesn't seem much point if they wanted to port they should have done it with 3G, Vita sales will obviously be a drop in the water and may detract further 3ds sales, so they wouldn't even really gain anything from it. Only Sony would,

A brand new MH3U isn't selling on 3DS as well the MH PSP rehases did. It's Capcom, so they'll end porting. If not to Vita, they'll port to PSP.

oh your one of them guys.. Still in denial I see!

What ever happened to that guy from sony who decided to tell everyone that Vita was getting a MH title.

As he ever been heard of again?

Twinduct

Which is selling 9k a week and barely has many games in the top 20 these days that sell significant amount.

There honestly doesn't seem much point if they wanted to port they should have done it with 3G, Vita sales will obviously be a drop in the water and may detract further 3ds sales, so they wouldn't even really gain anything from it. Only Sony would,

Doubt Sony would gain anything if MHV is selling badly. Quite the contrary, Vita's future would be in even more doubt.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Doubt Sony would gain anything if MHV is selling badly. Quite the contrary, Vita's future would be in even more doubt.

Nah it would push up systems sales for a period of time like all major vita releases. In comparison to the current situation it's better than nothing. The vita's future if it remains as is will always be heavily in doubt, a failing MH won't change anything.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Whoa, I don't know about all that.

I definitely turned off the 3D a few minutes in, though. The font is still pretty horrible.
That was two points I think. 1, that it plays better than on PSP since you have the monster re-target toggle and a d-pad that while virtual doesn't need the claw to be pressed, and 2, that it can be in 3D (or with AA).

Higher frame rate too afaik.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Lol?

1. How is 3U less of a rehash than P3rd? I'd say they're on par. One is an expansion with the usual additions, the other is an alternate version with at least as many differences in content and features. 3U is also the expansion to 3, a game that didn't perform anywhere near as good as previous games, unlike the PSP entries where each iteration did better than the last.

2. How would the first entry on any new platform sell as much as the best performing, 4th and final entry on the previously established platform? You're basically stating that no matter what, any non-PSP MonHun would inevitably end up getting ported to whatever system it didn't initially launch for as it would be inevitable than no such release would reach 3rd's numbers just like that. I'm sure Capcom didn't expect that not to happen, unlike you. It's most certainly doing a lot better than the first entry on PSP (if not on par with the second too, I forget the numbers for that and online it's getting mixed up with the third, its G expansion).

3. When are they going to port it, it's been over a year and 4 is coming soon enough.

4. If they couldn't port 3 fully on PSP resulting in a very different version with new content and removed content how would they port 3G which has everything from 3? At least be less unrealistic and claim a 3rd G.

5. Nothing indicates PSP is anywhere near as healthy as a platform now as it was back then to just assume releasing another on it would yield the same results. And even if they could have milked it for one more title at the time, that boat has sailed and they still would have had to move to a far newer and less established platform at some point. They just chose that point, and nothing so far indicates it was a bad decision.

But sure, keep waiting for that to happen. Hey, maybe they'll announce it at E3. The perfect time, right?

You can keep desperately hoping that developers will see the light and run to Vita. It's just not going to happen. MH3G has sold well, if Capcom cared about reaching PSP numbers it would be on PSP in the first place. Your logic makes 0 sense.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dreaming of MH when Vita doesnt even get ports like Revelations. Classic.

Spira

Banned
Does anyone care about the vita at this point?

The system could possibly be the most amazing piece of hardware to ever come out, yet everyone has turned its back on it. I don't get it.

Fewr

The system could possibly be the most amazing piece of hardware to ever come out, yet everyone has turned its back on it. I don't get it.

A price drop and a good game is all I ask to get one. Something Matsuno or something Animal Crossing-like preferrably.

DR2K

Banned

People that have a Vita care.

DaBoss

Of course there are people who care about the Vita.

If it doesn't have games that people want, then why would they care about buying it just because the hardware is good? How can you not get it?

Top Bottom