• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM's Official E309 Line-Up: A Storm Is Coming!!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
MirageDwarf said:
Both mystery games are not something we know.
Meh, no Monster Hunter Tri sucks when other Next-Gen Games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Streetfighter are getting simultaneous worldwirde launches but Mh doesn`t...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cw_sasuke said:
Meh, no Monster Hunter Tri sucks when other Next-Gen Games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Streetfighter are getting simultaneous worldwirde launches but Mh doesn`t...

Those games have an established worldwide audience.

markatisu

cw_sasuke said:

To be fair MH is not as big in the US and EU as it is in Japan. MH Unite is coming in June to the US so I expect MH3 to come in early 2010 (it is coming we know that much)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
schuelma said:
Those games have an established worldwide audience.

Lost Planet and Dead Rising where also new IPs....seems like MH is the exception.

Still, i hope it will be there...

I want to see MegaMan Prime. Oh the tears it would bring.

I'd be really, really surprised if one of the mystery games wasn't Onimusha or MvC 3.

MirageDwarf said:
Both mystery games are not something we know.

We don't know of Monster Hunter 3 coming out in the states. It is new for us.

If you read the list, there are several games already released in Japan (or on other platforms) and it doesn't seem like they're considering the world news perspective here.

bdouble

Tucah said:
I'm gonna go with MH3 NA announcement

Yep. I'd say its the playable mystery game. Just because its been announced for Japan doesn't stop it from being a mystery on that list to us.

markatisu

cw_sasuke said:
Lost Planet and Dead Rising where also new IPs....seems like MH is the exception.

Still, i hope it will be there...

Umm E3 is a western based conference, LP and DR are and always have been western games that had appeal to the JP.

MH is the exception

That is true, Capcom has not "technically" confirmed it but everyone know it is coming and Capcom has even let is slip in Feb when they said "“One of our leading titles is ‘Monster Hunter 3 (tri-).’ If we can gain recognition of this product in the European and North American markets, our market strategy will see a noticeable change."

qcf x2

I'm gonna guess that one of these 3 will be announced, shown or strongly hinted at:

- A new Darkstalkers game
- 3rd Strike for XBLA/PSN
- Marvel vs Capcom 3

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Linkzg said:

If you read the list, there are several games already released in Japan (or on other platforms) and it doesn't seem like they're considering the world news perspective here.

Yeah, this is basically what I'm worried about- the two mystery games being games that just haven't been announced for U.S. release.

I think that someone at Capcom hinted that DMC or Onimusha are not going to be announced.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Let's be realistic:

Announced and playable probably means a game that gets announced for an American release. Would Capgod really announce a brand new game and it be playable that day? They are CapGod and all, but no. So in all honesty, it has to be the Ace Attorney game coming to America, or MH3 coming to America, or Lost Planet PS3.

Now for the unannounced game happening at one of the conferences, it's probably going to be a sequel to one of their games (DMC5) or a portable version (PSP has been getting tons of love) of one of their franchises (RE Portable). So, my list is:

- MH3 coming to America and Playable
- Resident Evil PSP.

LiK

qcf x2 said:
I'm gonna guess that one of these 3 will be announced, shown or strongly hinted at:

- A new Darkstalkers game
- 3rd Strike for XBLA/PSN
- Marvel vs Capcom 3

we'd probably see a XBLA/PSN port of Darkstalkers before we'd ever see a new one.

MirageDwarf said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/capcom-marvel-vs-capcom-3-not-part-of-deal-to-re-release-mvc/

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is not happening at this E3 for sure.

which is why it would be a megaton. WOO~!!! ;)

bryehn

Cool to see CAPCOM using both UMD and DD for their upcoming PSP releases.

Obviously going with DD for the one that will sell less. Cool that they'd rather get the game to those that really want it rather than skip a (presumably) more expensive UMD release or not releasing it alltogether.

I hope the two tier approach catches on.

Then again, Fate Unlimited Codes could be coming out after the rumoured UMD-less PSP.

Y2Kev said:
DR2 and LP2 are 2010 games?

Q1 for Dead Rising 2 I believe, no idea about Lost Planet 2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Y2Kev said:
DR2 and LP2 are 2010 games?
I think it was one of the Capcom U.S. people who said that they were targeted for Q1 2010, like SF4 and RE5 were this year. I'll go look for the source though.

Edit:

Ah, here we go. They're confirmed for Capcom's fiscal 2009, which ends in March 2010.

Kotaku said:
Don't work under the assumption that, because they were announced in early 2009, Capcom's latest tentpole sequels - Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 - will actually be released in 2009.

Speaking with Microsoft's Larry Hryb on his weekly radio show, Capcom PR man Chris Kramer said that both titles were big, but also that both titles were for "next year". Gasp!

What he means, though, is next fiscal year. Which runs April 09 to March '10. Somewhat less alarming, then, as most of those months fall within calendar '09, but don't forget, both Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV turned up at the end of a fiscal year and not a calendar one.

Just keep that in the back of your mind, OK?
Source: http://kotaku.com/5171235/lost-planet-2-dead-rising-2-might-not-make-2009

Chinner

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's not coming out until 2010, so its playable form probably isn't where they want it yet.
Wrong. Its anytime from now untill whenever the fiscal year ends in 2010 (march/april etc). It probably won't come out untill late this year or early next year. and also they did a gameplay walktrhough at gdc.

you just got ~owned~

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The chances of either of those two mistery games being Legends related is so damn low. :( Anyway:

Septimus said:
Megaman Legends 3 please!!!!!

K' Dash

Chinner said:
Why is DR2 behind closed doors ;col (too lazy to upload; emoticon of someone crossing their arms looking disapprovingly)

indfq4.gif

pakkit

Banned
GuardianE said:
Capcom is not Konami.
:lol

EDIT: Fuck you guys.

MH3 better show up, or else I'm opening a can. Also, why the hell would you show off REArchives: RE. It's 6 years old now? They better announce some kick ass IR support or something that wasn't in the lacking JP versions so I can actually care about this game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I really wish I could find the Capcom=Konami meme funny but ever since it was "created" all it managed was to make my eyes roll. Hoped it would have died by now.

Dascu

Can't we just get a word filter to replace Konami with Capcom?

Oh, and thanks for breaking the :lol chain, guys.

Pai Pai Master said:
the fuck, do you not like games?

Not the ones Capcom is making this gen. Just because the collective is loving what they're doing I don't. There have been a few gems but the majority of their stuff on consoles hasn't done it for me this gen. Their handheld output has been ok, but their console stuff just isn't connection with me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fuu said:
I really wish I could find the Capcom=Konami meme funny but ever since it was "created" all it managed was to make my eyes roll. Hoped it would have died by now.

I didn't even know it's a meme, obviously. Hell, I'm not entirely sure what a meme even is, besides an inside joke on the internet, and so I missed it.

I see the mistake often enough where I really wouldn't be able to tell if someone was joking or not.

Shin Johnpv said:
Not the ones Capcom is making this gen. Just because the collective is loving what they're doing I don't. There have been a few gems but the majority of their stuff on consoles hasn't done it for me this gen. Their handheld output has been ok, but their console stuff just isn't connection with me.

Well, what DO you want to see? There could be some hope in the mystery games for you.

Top Bottom