• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin (DS) thread

Llyranor

Can't wait for this ^_^

In any case, I'm playing through Julius mode (first time, actually) in DoS to prep myself up.

TreIII

Chris Michael said:
Damnit I want this game NOW... it releases in mid December? ;_;

Actually, it was moved up to Dec. 5th about a week ago.

Still, little consolation for those of us who want to play this game RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT, but knowing that it's slated to come out in about two more weeks hurts a lot less than thinking about 3-4 weeks... ^_^

Now, if only Nintendo were to be so nice to move the GC Zelda up a week...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Pedobear said:
If you are a fan of Castlevania get ready to soil your pants.

http://www.persona-world.net/cve/index.html

Last boss video there. Watch and cry tears of joy.

HOLY ****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is game of the ****ing year, right here! That is going to be to ****ing awesome! Come on December! Come on December! Playing this with the level cap on is going to be a ****ing RUSH!

Ganondorfo

This is a fanservice castlevania, not a real castlevania, they put everything that every castlevania fan wanted since symphony of the night.

Including the end battle (which really becoming a cliche in the castlevania universe)

But I will buy this game, because of these reasons:lol

linsivvi

Oldschoolgamer said:

This is game of the ****ing year, right here! That is going to be to ****ing awesome! Come on December! Come on December! Playing this with the level cap on is going to be a ****ing RUSH!

Yes, that is what I am talking about. And the level cap works on all modes, which means you can go completely old school on this game!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
linsivvi said:
Yes, that is what I am talking about. And the level cap works on all modes, which means you can go completely old school on this game!

Are you serious? The level cap works in all the modes?! YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Now i won't have to worry about skipping bitches to do a low level run like in DoS! I'll probably try to do a low level pacifist run with the level cap on anyway, but, oldschool CV FTW!

DAMNIT! DAMNIT! RELEASE IT NOW!!!! :mad: I want this ****ing game badly! You all are having all the fun :(

jesusraz

Portrait of Ruin has everything that made previous games so special, and so much more. Is this the definitive game in the series? Until the potential third DS game or even Wii version, then I would have to go with ‘yes’.

Source: Castlevania: PoR Review

Bloody amazing game and blew Dawn of Sorrow out of the water, for me. Hopefully it does indeed get far more attention in the US and Europe (why Feb for us?! Damn translation process...).

explodet

I'm just bumping this thread to show some of the updates to the official Japanese page.

Lots of artwork is being posted, some of it very nice.

pic_05.jpg

pic_13.jpg

pic_18.jpg

And this one amused me. Slightly NSFW

Zeed

Banned
explodet said:
I'm just bumping this thread to show some of the updates to the official Japanese page.

Lots of artwork is being posted, some of it very nice.
More, I need more! Post the rest please, or barring that, the link to the site?

I'm so glad I have this sucker pre-ordered with the bonus.

This game's art is 93x better than DoS's, that's for sure.

Those sisters are totally desu.

edit: all of those works look so different... is it fanart? Are those pieces in the game or what?

Zeed

Banned
Chris Michael said:
This game's art is 93x better than DoS's, that's for sure.

Those sisters are totally desu.

edit: all of those works look so different... is it fanart? Are those pieces in the game or what?
I'm starting to suspect that they are indeed fanart.

But still, the official art is pretty nice compared to DoS.

castle1big.jpg

castle2big.jpg

Zeed

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:

****, now I want to watch that video, though I know it's probably loaded with spoilers.

Dammit, this is not a time when I needed my will tested.

DyTonic

Banned
Since DoS took me 3 days to beat and this is short too, I'll pass. I'm sure it will be a good game, but short games are a waste of money to me now a days.

Eh short games can be worth your money too, if they're fun. I still play Star Fox on SNES and that only takes about 45 minutes to beat.

Zeed

Banned
DyobolikaL. said:
Since DoS took me 3 days to beat and this is short too, I'll pass. I'm sure it will be a good game, but short games are a waste of money to me now a days.
I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that you'll definitely be playing through this game at least three separate times.

Yuzo Koshiro's songs sound totally badass. I thought he lost his touch? His recent work wasn't all that great right?

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on that!

linsivvi

Llyranor said:
Hmm, level cap? How do you activate that, and how much is the cap?

You can set a maximum level of 1, 25, or 50 in hard mode after you beat the game. And like I said, it can be applied to all game modes.

Varshes

CajoleJuice said:
You got the pre-order bonus already? Did you already pay for the game in full? I might try that tomorrow.

Nope, I just put 5 bucks down about a month ago. I live in Toronto, FYI.

Johnas

Man, I want to believe these comments about the soundtrack, I really do. Please be awesome.

I also want to think this game could be even better than SotN, but people say that every time a new CV releases, and it's never been true for me personally. Still sure to be a fantastic series entry.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
hawtness

Man, I want to believe these comments about the soundtrack, I really do. Please be awesome.
soundtrack rox, the songs in PoR are like the catchy songs from the old castlevanias.

the remixes are pretty cool.

Snaku

Banned
OMG, hottest pre-order bonus ever. Can't wait till mine ships next week! Overnight shipping: so worth the extra cash for this.

MegaTen

Banned
What remixes are you guys talking about? The Michiru Yamane and Yuzo Koshiro tracks? Meh.. Konami Kukeiha Club's original songs > Michiru Yamane and Yuzo Koshiro! :D Except for Dracula's Castle in SotN. It uses some old Kukeiha Club style drum beats.

thefro said:
That could really be one of the best final boss fights EVER in a game.

Must... resist...

Anyway, I'm thinking about seeing if I can grab the preorder bonus yet or not... looks incredible.

neo2046

why the Japanese version has no such bonus ??
I want the artbook so much ....... :(

and I finished the game (once) already
the game is awesome :)
now I am playing the game 2nd time

Varshes said:
Nope, I just put 5 bucks down about a month ago. I live in Toronto, FYI.

Whoa. What EB did you pre-order at, and did they call you to tell you the bonus could be picked up, or did you go in and ask?

I needs that artbook! Needs it!

castle007

Banned
7 more ****ing days!!! :D

EB will probably ship it on tuesday, and I will probably get it on thursday. But then I won't have any ****ing time to play it until the 15th, because I have final exams that week and the week after it :(

STG!

Oh wow, that preorder bonus is nice. To those in the know, is it still possible to get that even if I didn't preorder a month ago?

Would love to get that!

jyx

I preordered it from gamestop. The artbook look different. Different bonuscontent? Iam confused.

castle007 said:
7 more ****ing days!!! :D

EB will probably ship it on tuesday, and I will probably get it on thursday. But then I won't have any ****ing time to play it until the 15th, because I have final exams that week and the week after it :(

Same here. I actually have one final NEXT week. =\

Top Bottom