• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave Story & 1001 Spikes coming to the Nintendo Switch (+ another look at UI)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I own Cave Story for the Wii U, but got bored with it and never completed it. Hope we can transfer them over for a small fee so I might finally be able to complete it this time.

bomblord1

Banned
Sometimes. Xbox One, for example, looks exactly like a retail machine. And, that leaked NX kit that nobody believed was real, was real. It was an early revision and the image came from official docs.

But yeah, final NX kits look like retail. It's not un-common (Vita did too, with slight modification on the bottom).

The one that multiple leakers outright stated was not real?

I'm curious who would buy these games when they've been out for years already, possibly cheaper in cost and run better.

Dat UI though.
This is what everyone says for Minecraft and GTA too. People still buy games, new console owners are turning of age every day, etc.

I'm curious who would buy these games when they've been out for years already, possibly cheaper in cost and run better.

Dat UI though.

Me :). I simply don't have all the time in the world to play video games, and i say that as someone who probably plays them too much. More so than my friends at least, an hour to a few hours a day.

It's why i don't mind remasters. Sure i could pick some titles up cheaper else where, but sometimes connivence wins.

C4BUX4fUoAAKwDp.jpg

Screen of Cave Story on the Switch from Nicalis

Was captioned with "Switched to widescreen!"

Were previous versions playable in widescreen? Don't recall it on Wiiware or even the PC release.

Eila

C4BUX4fUoAAKwDp.jpg

Screen of Cave Story on the Switch from Nicalis

Was captioned with "Switched to widescreen!"

Were previous versions playable in widescreen? Don't recall it on Wiiware or even the PC release.

Hmm I thnk the wiiware version was. Also the unofficial PSP port.

hatchx

Banned

Dat UI though.

I see you are banned, but I'd probably pick them up again for the sheer convenience of :

-playing on TV/handheld in one save
-that beautiful Switch screen (I don't own a tablet)
-ability to play separated Wii remote style

I remember playing Cave Story on my PSP without knowing anything about it beforehand. One of my favorite games, I bought the 3DS eShop version and I'll probably buy a Switch release.

Top Bottom