• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS Sports updated their top 50 NBA players list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...ayers-of-all-time-where-do-lebron-curry-rank/

50. Kawhi Leonard
49. Dwight Howard
48. Dominque Wilkins
47. Reggie Miller
46. Ray Allen
45. Bob Pettit
44. Kevin McHale
43. George Gervin
42. Gary Payton
41. Elvin Hayes
40. Dolph Schayes
-
39. Rick Barry
38. Paul Pierce
37. George Mikan
36. Bob Cousey
35. Isiah Thomas
34. Allen Iverson
33. John Havlicek
32. Walt Frazier
31. Patrick Ewing
30. Clyde Drexler
-
29. Jason Kidd
28. Steve Nash
27. David Robinson
26. Elgin Baylor
25. Dwyane Wade
24. Kevin Durant
23. John Stockton
22. Scottie Pippen
21. Chris Paul
20. Charles Barkley
-
19. Stephen Curry
18. Julius Erving
17. Dirk Nowitzki
16. Karl Malone
15. Kevin Garnett
14. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West
12. Oscar Robertson
11. Hakeem Olajuwon
-
10. Kobe Bryant
9. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
6. Bill Russell
5.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
3. Wilt Chamberlain
2. LeBron James
1. Michael Jordan

Terrible list if you ask me; some very stupid placements. Posted the rest

Oscar Robinson not in the top 10 is a fucking travesty.

Holy shit, that is a terrible list. Curry is at 19, not sure he should really be in the top 50. I'd definitely put Leonard above him. Wade, Gary Payton , Kidd, Stockton and Pippin too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...ayers-of-all-time-where-do-lebron-curry-rank/

10. Kobe Bryant
9. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
6. Bill Russell
5.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
3. Wilt Chamberlain
2. LeBron James
1. Michael Jordan

charlie-murphy.gif

Should be reversed.

iamblades

Might be the worst list I've ever seen.

Eh the only two things that really stuck out to me were that Dwight Howard has not done enough to be called one of the 50 greatest of all time at all, and Chris Paul was about 20 spots too high at the least.

Otherwise everyone seemed to be roughly within +/- 5 spots of where I would have put them, which is about as good as can be expected of something like this.

mjp2417

Banned
Top 13 is largely fine, although I would rearrange some spots. It's after that when things get a little silly. Isiah is way too low, Kawhi doesn't belong quite yet, and Steph Curry 5 spots ahead of Durant is nuts.

Oscar Robinson not in the top 10 is a fucking travesty.

Holy shit, that is a terrible list. Curry is at 19, not sure he should really be in the top 50. I'd definitely put Leonard above him. Wade, Gary Payton , Kidd, Stockton and Pippin too.

Oscar's not better than the guys ranked above him. The triple double thing inflates his reputation .

Phox

Banned
dude is an android with the AI of Kobe and MJ. and he's only 25
He shouldn't be on any top 50 all time player yet. As you said he's 25! I see this list as if they retired tomorrow would they be in the hall of fame.

I can say with certainty that he would not be in the hall of fame if he retired tomorrow.

Durant has put together an amazing 10 year run to start his career. You guys act like he's a rookie or something. He's had a better 10 year stretch than most Hall of famers. If anything he's ranked too low.

fr0st

Banned
He shouldn't be on any top 50 all time player yet. As you said he's 25! I see this list as if they retired tomorrow would they be in the hall of fame.

I can say with certainty that he would not be in the hall of fame if he retired tomorrow.
Wasn't Shaq in the 50 greatest players of all time at around the same age?

Ninjimbo

Even though I admit to Lebron being the best player I've ever seen, it feels weird seeing him put above the likes of Kobe, Duncan, and Shaq. I don't know why.

Leonard being up that high is some bullshit. I love the guy but it's too soon.

mjp2417

Banned
First thing I noticed, personally. CP3 higher than Allen Iverson and Steve Nash? Whaaaa?

Chris Paul is always going to be higher than Iverson and Nash on these kinds of lists because he has already had a better career than either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom