• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR: Blood & Wine is Geralt's last story; feel it's "better than the main game"

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That's a bold statement to make but I trust CDPR when they say it.

I really need to hurry up and get through this game again so I can start playing HoS and finish it before B&W comes out.

Waiting on this so badly so I can play both expansions back to back. Cd projekt have earned a lot of goodwill that I have faith in them which many other companies have lost in recent years.

Nameless

Nice. There was just too much stuff going on in and out of gaming for me to really get into Hearts of Stone, plus Witcher 3 was taking up a ton much HD space, so I decided to hold off and dive back into that world full steam around the time Blood & Wine drops. Can't wait!

Piggus

That's a bold statement to make but I trust CDPR when they say it.

Well, HoS is imo already way better than the main game. Great characters, great pacing, and the boss fights are muuuuch better. So I have no doubts they can improve even more.

Deadstar

I haven't beaten the game yet or the first dlc. I'm waiting to do all the side stuff, then I will do the first dlc, then the second, then finish the main game.

If we go with book canon, there are no female witchers

which is exactly why I said that

Then the answer would be yes, we are stuck with dudes only

there are only male witchers in the book canon, but nothing is stopping CDPR to let you make a female witcher. The only reason that I recall them giving for not giving Ciri
the mutation ceremony is that they had stopped doing long ago and found it barbaric.

If you go to a new school in a different time period you could always come up with a reason for a female witcher.

PFD

Wonderful, as
Gerald is already basically brought back from the dead from the books for the games, I can't imagine they would kill him again, would they? *hasnt finished wild hunt yet also, only 25 hours in*

They already did in the bad ending for Wild Hunt :)

thebloo

During our visit we spoke with Jakub SZAMALEK, senior Story Writer of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

Just posting this since it bothered me that the OP says they talked to CDPR, like they're a person. The guy is Oxford and Cambridge educated and wrote some highly praised novels before working with CDPR.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Heart of Stone was a masterpiece of DLC and if this exceeds that....

anigif_mobile_663dafde24534b6a55ffaeb2f59dd363-10.gif

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
like I asked the other guy, I'm curious if you can jump into the DLC with this geralt and then keep using him for the rest of the main story. Has someone tried it? I'm still planning on replaying the game this year, but if I can avoid non-main story missions for a quick replay that'd be swell.

The way it works it's like getting a 32lvl Geralt with MQ finished - all the side quests not tied into the MQ are available and that's it.

The way it works it's like getting a 32lvl Geralt with MQ finished - all the side quests not tied into the MQ are available and that's it.

Ah all right. Thanks man. Guess this means I'll replay the whole game then. That's not an issue it's just a very VERY long game but I want to replay it again.

Any chance we may see any of the characters from the original campaign in this, i.e. Ciri etc?

chances are low considering it's a new continent and unrelated to the main campaign, and those characters are crucial to the main campaign.

Mivey

Is it recommendable to play the expansions after the main quest is finished? I am not asking if that is required, but more if that fits their stories better. (which is subjective, of course)

Azzanadra

Does this mean the story will be post-The Witcher 3 chronologically? The only problem I had with HoS was that I can't really buy Geralt going on this long side adventure while Ciri is in danger and being pursued by the Wild Hunt.

erawsd

Does this mean the story will be post-The Witcher 3 chronologically? The only problem I had with HoS was that I can't really buy Geralt going on this long side adventure while Ciri is in danger and being pursued by the Wild Hunt.

No its not post W3, the main story wraps that up entirely. It takes place at some indeterminate time before the ending of W3.

like I asked the other guy, I'm curious if you can jump into the DLC with this geralt and then keep using him for the rest of the main story. Has someone tried it? I'm still planning on replaying the game this year, but if I can avoid non-main story missions for a quick replay that'd be swell.

I believe you can import premade Geralt into a NG+.

murgo

Can't wait. I hope they will release a physical version with new Gwent decks. I love the cards they included with Hearts of Stone.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Who the hell is Gerald?

in my head thats what he's called, and my brain automatically corrects the horrible sounding Yennifer to Jennifer when ever it is said. My wife started laughing when she first heard the name said while she was watching me play.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member

Well, it is safe to assume that B&W will be not unlike HoS in this regard - it can be played "whenever" and the MG will "adapt" to your choice. This means that you establish the timeline as you see fit.

i still need to beat vanilla, buy the expansions and then this.

Game was so satisfying to play. except when i found places i was under leveled at -_- ..

Is it recommendable to play the expansions after the main quest is finished? I am not asking if that is required, but more if that fits their stories better. (which is subjective, of course)

I think it fits right in place(as far as the main story is concerned) at the level it's presented at. So it works better woven into the main story than it does played after it ends in my opinion. But both(during/after main story)are more than valid ways to play it.

m_dorian

I played HoS just before the Battle Preparations mission.

Revan

See, this is the one goddamn time a dev makes an insane fucking statement like this

and I fucking believe them.

Right there with ya.

I haven't played HoS yet because I'm waiting for B&W to be release so I can do them back to back.

TW3 storytelling was amazing (the Bloody Baron quest line was one of the best and most mature section of gaming I've ever experienced) and I'm holding out on the expansions just so that I can drop another 60+ hours into the game at once.

I actually believe them when they say it'll be better then the main campaign.

Top Bottom