• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR: Blood & Wine is Geralt's last story; feel it's "better than the main game"

nubbe

sounds good
I hate these I AM TOTALLY EVIL villains

Hearts of stone was awesome

Man of Glass looks like a dude I know :p

Prediction Regarding Geralt's last story: he will make an appearance in witcher 4 and it will be awesome. He'll show up when we least expect and do something completely awesome

Azzurri

Would be quite funny if W3 won GOTY again because of this. I mean it's a 20hr DLC which is longer than most game anyways

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Think an Enhanced Edition with all the DLCs is coming? I haven't gotten around to buying the game yet and don't have time to play at the moment so I could hold out...

Chris1

Would be quite funny if W3 won GOTY again because of this. I mean it's a 20hr DLC which is longer than most game anyways
It still blows my mind just how much content is in these expansion packs for how much it costs. They could have charged $60 for Hearts of Stone and I still wouldn't feel robbed.

Think an Enhanced Edition with all the DLCs is coming? I haven't gotten around to buying the game yet and don't have time to play at the moment so I could hold out...

I wanna say they came out and said there wouldn't be one, but I'd wager we'll see a GOTY version at some point down the future for like $10 or so. They have done "enhanced editions" of every one of their games, but Witcher 3's release and constant updates and dlc is different than they've ever done so they may not find a need for it with the way it's been released now. I bought this game for $17 4 mos. before it even released and then the season pass at full price once HoS came out.

once blood and wine is out I am pretty damn certain they'll eventually make a game of the year edition. I mean it'd be silly not to, the game was named GOTY in a buttload of places and has two big DLCs.

nadnerb 64

Neo Member
Sad to see The White Wolf go but glad he has the potential of getting signed off well. Lets hope CDPR delivers on that promise.

On another topic, DO you think they will focus the next one on an existing character or a new one?

UrbanRats

It should be similar to the Hearts of Stone dlc. Technically it takes place during the main game but the story and events are completely self contained.
In HoS you can some dialog references to pretty late game decisions, for example
Radovid's fate.

DC1

These guys don't lie (in the bad way), they said HoS was 10 hours when it was easily 15 hours.

A more complex story, a la Witcher 2?? Count me in!

Since it's Geralt's last story, I hope there is some kind of proper conclusion/farewell. (maybe ME3 Citadel inspired)
Worst Idea Ever.

I need to finish the main game, is it worth doing NG+ if I'm also trying to get master bear armor; I don't want to have to grind for it twice

Hayvic

Man, haven't been this giddy about a games release since Half-life 2. I feared I was too old to feel such excitemwnt again.

pablito

Prediction Regarding Geralt's last story: he will make an appearance in witcher 4 and it will be awesome. He'll show up when we least expect and do something completely awesome

Even something as small as catching him at a bar and having some drinks with him would be cool.

Staf

He'l be the local Gwent champion with a deck filled with legendary Geralt cards.

Grisby

I'm excited. Going through Heart of Stone right now and it's a fantastic piece of DLC.

HOS dialogue spoiler:
"I am the lord of dance!"

MadYarpen

the-witcher_3_blood_and_wine-1152x648.jpg

the_witcher_3_blood_and_wine_2-1152x648.jpg

Acinixys

Excited as fuck for this

Really hope this ends Geralts story on a high note

Then CDPR can make an awesome prequel game set 100s of years before Geralt is born.

Maybe even set it a few years after the conjunction, so you play as one of the first Witchers when the world is still wild and untamed and filled with crazy bullshit

Nuu

Banned
You can start a New Game and select the DLC so you'll be leveled up and geared for it automatically or, you can start it in your current playthrough by following the quest that appears in the log. It's a simple "go to contract board" but with a cutscene instead with Geralt laughing at the craigslist style posts. CDPR recommends level 60 if you choose that route. It does get tough too so better to wait till then.

EDIT: 30 for first playthrough, 60+ for NG+

You can play them after you beat the main game, you can even create a new high level Geralt just for playing the expansion.

Depends on which platform you're playing on, but on the PC you can add DLC at any time and enable it without impacting previous saves. Hearts of Stone adds a little bit of new area East of Novigrad and new quests, but enabling it won't impact your previous save file; you can load right up and head to the new area with your character completely intact. Not sure how it works on consoles but I'm fairly certain it's the same with regards to previous saves.

So should I load up the file right before the game ends and go to a contract board or would it be better if I went straight to the DLC? Is the experience the same either way?

hydruxo

What? Really? Holy shit!

Yep, Toussaint. Here's a description:

When a traveler from the Northern Realms first crosses the border into Toussaint, he feels at once as though he has stepped into a land ripped straight from the pages of a fantastic tale. He will know no inclement weather there, for even the winters of Toussaint are mild and sunny, with only gentle, calming breezes and not a hint of gale. He will know no hunger, for the trees and bushes of that land burst with ripe and juicy fruits all the year long. He will know no loneliness, for each and every soul he encounters will treat him like a long-lost friend. He will not find a single backwater of dullness, boredom or inquietude in this overflowing stream of marvel. In Toussaint the wine rages in torrents, music plays ceaselessly and everywhere the air is filled with the sound of birdsong and the twittering of beautiful maids, who are never stingy with their ample charms when a handsome knight comes a-calling. The capital of the duchy, Beauclair, is an architectural gem, full of glorious elven monuments: delicately soaring towers, masterfully carved reliefs and atmospherically mysterious ruins. Only the rare sun in a field of black, the odd gold and dark stain on an otherwise pristine edifice, reminds one that this land, this fable incarnate, is a vassal of Nilfgaard..

- Toussaint, a Duchy out of Tales of Fantasy and Wonder

Basically, it's going to be glorious.

kamspy

I'm on the last mission of the main game and can't wait to buy the season pass. I'm even going to buy it straight from GOG just because. I usually go through keysellers, but I don't mind paying my region premium for this.

It should hold me over until Dark Souls 3 if I sprinkle in a little Just Cause 3.

I took a break right before starting the last mission to play Fallout 4. I like it more than most people, but I was still blown the hell away when I came back to W3.

It's the game that gives me the most "New Generation" feels while playing.

matmanx1

I will sincerely miss Geralt. I've got triple digit hours in The Witcher 3 at this point and I am nowhere near complete. If B&W is supposed to be better than the main story then that would be shocking!

Pagusas

Elden Member
so question as I approach the ending, whos the better ending:
Triss or Yen, I'm leaning towards Triss.

Oh, Geralt, I'll miss your gorgeous, yet grumpy eye-rolls. The main story was one of the weaker aspects to W3, so CDPR is saying all the right things! I'm really looking forward to digging into Hearts of Stone, too.

Top Bottom