• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrity Death Thread

None of this would have happened if you kept your anger in check and didn't fly off the handle.

It would've been one or two posts (at most) about who was honestly a C or even D-list celebrity, and we all would've moved on with our lives. But you chose otherwise.

I have no ill will towards you dude, but seriously, you have to stop the aggression. If you or someone you know was affected by Anne Heche's allegedly reckless actions, then I'm sorry to hear that.

The whole premise of this thread is daft anyway, like celebrity lives are worth more than anyone elses

The whole premise of this thread is daft anyway, like celebrity lives are worth more than anyone elses
I don't think people in this thread think that, from what I've seen.

Famous people are famous for a reason. Some for good reasons, some for bad. In many cases, musicians or actors that people like have brought a lot of joy to people through their work.

But like, if my third cousin twice removed dies, no one will care other than the immediate family.

I mean, if they are accidentally stabbed to death then that is worthy of some remorse

Not like this
Now we're talking. And to be honest... You bring up a fair point.

Something is to be said for people that are reckless. Since they're celebrities and details about their private lives are often available, the discussion (if people care) then moves on to what it was that troubled that celebrity.

Now we're talking. And to be honest... You bring up a fair point.

Something is to be said for people that are reckless. Since they're celebrities and details about their private lives are often available, the discussion (if people care) then moves on to what it was that troubled that celebrity.

If she just drove into a tree and only killed herself it would be a little tragic

But she left a giant trail of destruction which massively affected so many innocent parties, that I don't feel a shred of remorse

Last edited:
If she just drove into a tree and only killed herself it would be a little tragic

But she left a giant trail of destruction which massively affected so many innocent parties, that I don't feel a shred of remorse
That's fully fair and within your right.

Honestly a lot of the celebrities in this thread I'm emotionally indifferent towards, as they haven't necessarily contributed to my life in any way.

Setting destructive celebs aside, ones that die from natural causes (cancer, etc) or are killed or whatever, even if I don't care about them, "rest in peace" is a general statement of human sympathy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looking at her wiki, it may go beyond the drugs, suicide etc.... I never knew this, but her wiki says she's also got long time mental/insane issues. 20 years ago, she did some crazy thing walking on foot to a random persons house acting like they are best buddies. You dont get that from ecstasy pills.

Mental health issues​

On August 19, 2000, Heche drove from Los Angeles to Cantua Creek in a Toyota SUV.[95] Heche, who was wearing a bra and shorts at the time, parked the car and walked 1+1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) before reaching a ranch house.[95] The house owner Araceli Campiz, who had seen Heche in a movie, recognized her and let her in.[95] After drinking a significant amount of water, Heche "took off her Nikes and said she needed to take a shower."[95] Campiz assumed that Heche was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but Heche later revealed that she had taken ecstasy.[8] After taking a shower, Heche entered the living room, asked for a pair of slippers, and suggested that they should watch a movie.[95] After half an hour, Campiz contacted the sheriff's department.[95] Heche later told the deputies that she was "God, and was going to take everyone back to heaven in a spaceship." She was then taken by ambulance to Fresno's University Medical Center and admitted to the psychiatric unit, but was released within a few hours.[95]

Heche stated she was "insane" for the first 31 years of her life, and that this was triggered by being sexually abused by her father during her infancy and childhood.[96][97] In a series of interviews with Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, and Larry King to promote Call Me Crazy in 2001, Heche stated on national television that she created a fantasy world called the "Fourth Dimension" to make herself feel safe, and had an alter ego who was the daughter of God and half-sister of Jesus Christ named "Celestia", who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms.[94][98] Heche said she recovered from her mental health concerns following the incident in Cantua Creek and had put her alter ego behind her.[8]

Kimahri

Banned
Fuck Anne Heche. Thought of no one but herself
The thing you don't seem to understand is that we don't know why this happened.

Does this even compute with you?

Might this just be some self absored narcotic rampage? Of course.

But we don't know. We might never know. And with her history og mental issues it just muddies the issue even more.

I'm not defending her. I don't know if she's deserving of defense.

I just refuse to attack and condemn someone without knowing all the facts.

Bottom line. You have no fucking idea who and what she thought of.

Any basketball fans reading this thread would know who Bill Russell was. Died at 88 recently, but probably flying under the radar because Nichelle Nichols dying around the same time became bigger news.

Rest in peace, big man. Your record of 11 NBA championships (as a player) will likely never be broken.

Russell (Celtics No. 6) in action against the New York Knicks, during the height of their Celtics dynasty:

Bill-Russell1.jpeg
A follow up on this.

From CNN: "NBA to retire Bill Russell's No. 6 jersey throughout the league as tribute to the 11-time champion"

You're allowed to say rip. We don't know what happened, and probably never will. She could have been careless, selfish and stupid, or she could have been going through a crisis leading her to make some very poor choices. We don't know at this point.

No need to edit your post just cause someone throws a hissy fit. That's on them.
I'll add that even if someone did do bad things or cause harm, there's no reason not to wish *anyone* "RIP" imho. Most who harm others, in whatever way, are themselves in pain and often from abuses they themselves have suffered. The tendency to label others as "bad" people is part of the problem that perpetuates "bad" people. There's no reason not to carry positive energy towards others, no matter their thoughts, words or behavior.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The ring cam of her speeding down the street was insanity.
Saw the video on YT. Holy fuck. That's a quiet residential street and she must had been going 120-150 km/hr???

Who knows what happened, but considering she smashed into one place first and then sped off and crash again shows she was either totally drunk or on drugs. She has a history of mental issues, but I dont think that would cause you to crash into two houses. Crashing once is enough for a coherent person to just stop and assess the damage and call the cops.. Unless she was insane and thinking she was being chased by fire demons or some shit.

- Drunk
- Druggie
- Insane
- Combo

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member

That’s like having the name James T. Jerk
3617a6f0-77e4-11ea-bf3c-8488f56187aa.jpg

"C'est vraiment dégueulasse"
That's like having the name James T. Jerk and directing Star Wars !
The dude was a legend, one of the greatest french director. His movies with Belmondo are excessively good...

Look at this mise en scène, the dude didn't care about any rule, what a stud.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
3617a6f0-77e4-11ea-bf3c-8488f56187aa.jpg

"C'est vraiment dégueulasse"
That's like having the name James T. Jerk and directing Star Wars !
The dude was a legend, one of the greatest french director. His movies with Belmondo are excessively good...

Look at this mise en scène, the dude didn't care about any rule, what a stud.

To be clear, I was just making a dumb joke about the guy’s name being so close to another Trek captain’s, not commenting on his legendary status

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My dad had a patient one time that poured gas in himself and lit himself on fire. He ran from his backyard to the driveway before collapsing. He lived in the hospital for 3 days. It sounded to me like the worst way to go.
Considering how crazy some people are, I wonder how many cops a typical hospital has at any given time. There's got to be at least a couple(?). I'm surprised you dont hear about wacko patients trying to slice and dice doctors and nurses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom