• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrity Death Thread

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Alan White (drummer of the band Yes) died two weeks ago.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Synthesizer pioneer Klaus Schulze died in April.

=======================

Dave Smith, designer of legendary Prophet 5 synth and inventor of the MIDI protocol, died last week.

Last edited:

nush

OIP-C.iqb-eqWwvzOP73xOsLNrewAAAA

Last edited:
Any basketball fans reading this thread would know who Bill Russell was. Died at 88 recently, but probably flying under the radar because Nichelle Nichols dying around the same time became bigger news.

Rest in peace, big man. Your record of 11 NBA championships (as a player) will likely never be broken.

Russell (Celtics No. 6) in action against the New York Knicks, during the height of their Celtics dynasty:

Bill-Russell1.jpeg

Last edited:
Fuck off. She got all kinds of fucked up on Cocaine and Fentanyl, got behind the wheel driving at 140kms an hour and destroyed an innocent woman's house and life

Fuck her
WAIT... Someone else got killed in the process!? How has that not being highlighted in the news reports I've read!?!?

Yeah in that case I'll retract my "RIP," which was conditional on me thinking she was the only one involved.

Don't know if your "fuck off" was for me or for her, but if it was for me... I don't appreciate that.

[EDIT: no one else died in the process. It was just Anne]

Last edited:
WAIT... Someone else got killed in the process!? How has that not being highlighted in the news reports I've read!?!?

Yeah in that case I'll retract my "RIP," which was conditional on me thinking she was the only one involved.

Don't know if your "fuck off" was for me or for her, but if it was for me... I don't appreciate that.

You're acting like it was some sort of avoidable death

She caused wanton destruction and killed herself in the process

Had a major deathwish which she actualised

There's easier ways to take your own life that don't cause a shockwave of destruction to innocent people

Last edited:
I read the redaction in your initial post which was good. I'm ok now
Glad you're good now, but do learn from this and see it from the other person's perspective before you fly off the handle next time. Your initial aggression was unnecessary and uncalled for.

A combination of me just skimming these kinds of articles, AND poor media coverage, resulted in my initial "RIP." What do I mean by poor media coverage? Some articles downplayed (and some maybe straight up failed to mention?) that someone else got killed in the process. So I didn't know.

Last edited:
Glad you're good now, but do learn from this and see it from the other person's perspective before you fly off the handle next time. Your initial aggression was unnecessary and uncalled for.

A combination of me just skimming these kinds of articles, AND poor media coverage, resulted in my initial "RIP." What do I mean by poor media coverage? Some articles downplayed (and some maybe straight up failed to mention?) that someone else got killed in the process. So I didn't know.

No one else got killed. But an innocent woman lost everything in the crash because Anne was travelling so fast she turned her car into a fireball

Blaming the media is a cop out, everything was on display from day 1

I'm in fucking Australia and I know more than you who's probably mere kilometers away from where this happened

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned

You're allowed to say rip. We don't know what happened, and probably never will. She could have been careless, selfish and stupid, or she could have been going through a crisis leading her to make some very poor choices. We don't know at this point.

No need to edit your post just cause someone throws a hissy fit. That's on them.

Take a chill pill and lay off the insults.
"Destroyed an innocent woman's house and life"

When I read "life" I thought the other person got killed.

Fair enough. It's not hard to read some super readily available news websites though?

I'm in Australia and I know more about what's happening in your country than you do. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
You're allowed to say rip. We don't know what happened, and probably never will. She could have been careless, selfish and stupid, or she could have been going through a crisis leading her to make some very poor choices. We don't know at this point.

No need to edit your post just cause someone throws a hissy fit. That's on them.

Is this post even real life?

You're absolutely 100% right.

I added the "RIP" back in.

Jennings

Nobody but Anne Heche was hurt and killed, but a woman lost her home and there's a collection happening to help get her back on her feet.

This sympathy for Heche is so misplaced considering what she brought upon herself, but pile it on me
None of this would have happened if you kept your anger in check and didn't fly off the handle.

It would've been one or two posts (at most) about who was honestly a C or even D-list celebrity, and we all would've moved on with our lives. But you chose otherwise.

I have no ill will towards you dude, but seriously, you have to stop the aggression. If you or someone you know was affected by Anne Heche's allegedly reckless actions, then I'm sorry to hear that.

Top Bottom