• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

pestul

Got it running nearly flawlessly.. but I'm now trying to use SteamLink big picture and I don't know how to map the controls from CEMU to my PS3 controller that's bluetooth connected to the SL. The controller just seems to guide the SL and won't take over in CEMU.

Miker

Just saw this on reddit and boy does it look nice.

6zv5CML.jpg

Using Reshade or something.

*barf*

jediyoshi

Got it running nearly flawlessly.. but I'm now trying to use SteamLink big picture and I don't know how to map the controls from CEMU to my PS3 controller that's bluetooth connected to the SL. The controller just seems to guide the SL and won't take over in CEMU.

In Cemu, Options -> Input Settings, do you see a dropdown for any controller? You'd still need to manually set that up.

That's why I'm gonna pick up all the Wii U games I've always liked / wanted to get with my tax return this year.

When Cemu progresses enough, I'll get to play them all in high res.

Me too. High Res is so great!

Legit curious how this game will preform. I actually quite liked the single player campaign despite how insane it is and would love revisiting it with a frame-rate that doesn't move all over the place.

Nice, I really wonder how the game is for me, but wanna save it for Cemu, 720p with such framerates will probably make the game less pleasing than it needs to be.

lmbotiva

is there any way to rip Wii U games to a PC without a Wii U? i want to try this and would buy the games i'd like to play given the fact they are only 20 bucks each but i don't have a Wii U, can this be played off the disc like dolphin?

Rodin

Didn't expect this thing to improve so fast. I have sooo many games on my shelf i'd like to try at a higher res, and now they even got reshade to work with this.

Screenshot is lackluster, but it's incredible news that ReShade has access to the depth buffer in Cemu, therefore allowing for BOTW to be injected with things like ambient occlusion.

?

Breath of the Wild does use ambient occlusion.

Coffinhal

6zv5CML.jpg

This is fucking unreal.

Nice bokeh effect.

Looks nice but it doesn't make any sense in Mario Kart. A great depth of field is needed for both the gameplay and the visual experience.

Same for removing DOF from SM3DW, it kills the purpose that the authors wanted. I'm not sure you'd add "bokeh effect" to Citizen Kane when the DOF is needed, or would remove it from Her because, fuck it.

-shadow-

is there any way to rip Wii U games to a PC without a Wii U? i want to try this and would buy the games i'd like to play given the fact they are only 20 bucks each but i don't have a Wii U, can this be played off the disc like dolphin?

Nope, so far only the WiiU will do.

sakyot

I gotta ask. It's important.

Dolphin with 4k (or 1080p if it doesn't handle) Wind Waker HD with texture pack
OR
Cemu Wind Waker remastered yolo mode?

I got an -above- average PC

Yeah looks better without the blurring.
Something about this looks off, like there's an additional sharpening pass on it.

OR

From a purely technical standpoint, Dolphin (the Ishiiruka fork specifically). Cemu just isn't quite there yet.

Also, it depends how you want the game to look, the addition of the new lighting system, shadows, ambient occlusion, bloom lighting, and more change the look of Wind Waker dramatically that goes far beyond just adding high resolution textures. Wind Waker HD also has a lot of subtle gameplay tweaks that are good quality of life changes.

Jafku

How would a gtx 1050 ti do?

It's an i7 3770 3.4 CPU, I just want 1080 res, this is my only chance at playing Zelda lol

not sure. It claims it can do 1080P 60FPS. it should be good but i'd personally go with a 1060

The cheat table for XCX is extremely amusing because you can edit the properties of yourself and all the NPC party members too. This means that in addition to your own player character, everyone else in your party can have boob sliders too. Fuck your censorship, Nintendo!

Also fuck your shitty localization of this game. I want to punch the guy who thought all the dialogue should be rewritten to include dank memes right in the face.

BHK3

Banned
Patreon news

1.7.1 to release Feb 2nd
Focus on performance improvements
Game/emu bug fixes
Compatibility improved (QUBE cited, Devil's Third reaches title screen)
Reduced VRAM possibility still
YES YES YES YES

Really hope I can finally run Smash bros. without crashing after a fight

OR

Dolphin. WWHD runs into huge amounts of slowdown starting with the first dungeon, due to several factors including particle effects.

Ask again after the latest Cemu update.

pestul

In Cemu, Options -> Input Settings, do you see a dropdown for any controller? You'd still need to manually set that up.
Yeah, it doesn't work for the SL bluetoothed DS3 controller. I think I'm going to have to keyboard map the controls to the DS3 but I don't know how that's going to work and it will probably break generally functionality with SteamLink BPM (ie. Left analogue acts as a mouse on desktop). It's like CEMU isn't getting focus in BPM and it just overrides it believing it's still in desktop mode.

I think people are crazy if they expect to play BOTW in full any time soon on Cemu. Is it possible it happens to work? Yeah, but expecting it is not likely IMO.

I think people are crazy if they expect to play BOTW in full any time soon on Cemu. Is it possible it happens to work? Yeah, but expecting it is not likely IMO.

I think the biggest thing preventing it from at least running at launch is the mandatory additional download. They'll need to figure out a way to get it to work.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think the biggest thing preventing it from at least running at launch is the mandatory additional download. They'll need to figure out a way to get it to work.

That shouldn't impact the digital version of the game, so at least that should be running.

Seik

Banned

I think it's very possible. 3D World, Pikmin and MK8 are almost perfect now!

Can't tell if it'll work fine though, it can work flawlessly as much as it can crash on boot.

Seeing that the Cemu guys are working on performance now that they took care of internal resolutions is all I wanted to hear, this only means progress!

Luigiv

Something about this looks off, like there's an additional sharpening pass on it.

It looks off because the shaders are inaccurate/incomplete. Characters are not lit correctly and the soft diffused look of the lighting is completely missing, giving the game a much harsher and plasticy look.

jediyoshi

It looks off because the shaders are inaccurate/incomplete. Characters are not lit correctly and the soft diffused look of the lighting is completely missing, giving the game a much harsher and plasticy look.

There's an actual extra sharpening happening in post. The edges of geometry and UI don't look like that in Cemu or the game proper.

Is there any format that runs better than other?

What usually fps are you getting at Bayonetta 2? Because I have a 1070, i7 (6th gen), and I'm getting below 40 on some cases with 20 peaks D:.

jediyoshi

Is there any format that runs better than other?

What usually fps are you getting at Bayonetta 2? Because I have a 1070, i7 (6th gen), and I'm getting below 40 on some cases with 20 peaks D:.

Standard extracted form where you load the rpx file. wud/wux has the emu doing decryption work which can affect load times.

Framerate highly depends on the scene. Loading screen practice runs at 60/Ingame cutscenes run at 30 which should mostly always be achievable though.

Totally new to this, but curious how is the performance on Smash Bros?

Depends on stages/characters. 1v1 with most characters will largely run full speed on most non-moving stages, esp in omega form.

Got some more shots jedi?

There is fun stuff coming.

Top Bottom