• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

KHlover

Banned
Only 720p @ 30 FPS this time?

ltM6SWd.png

?

Mifec

jediyoshi did Bayo1 have any other issues outside of the graphics or is it fine now? I need to take it out of storage to rip it and I don't feel like driving to the capital just to get the disc if it ain't working properly yet.

jediyoshi

jediyoshi did Bayo1 have any other issues outside of the graphics or is it fine now? I need to take it out of storage to rip it and I don't feel like driving to the capital just to get the disc if it ain't working properly yet.

Purely gameplay wise, I believe it's fully playable. You'll want to use the reduced bloom graphic pack. Game crashes during save/load screen so you'll only have autosaves and the continue function to use.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hol1eaku1vu121x/Bayonetta_reducedBloom.zip

New version has a bug where cutscenes run at uncapped speeds, so they're unwatchable (and you'll probably miss their QTEs).

is bayo 2 still making those high pitch noises?

Thanks for the video, and, out of curiosity, why people try Darksiders2? just for the sake of emulating? =p (I'm it's on pc with a descent port)

NeoBob688

I am playing Super Mario 3D World. I still get a some slight stuttering / hitching for some reason.

-Using full shader cache
-Running from SSD
-Geforce 1070 / i7 6700k OCed to 4.7 GhZ

Any way to fix that?

Chris R

So, is there a method to emulate touch screen touches using an Xbox controller? Or do I just need to keep my mouse close by for things like Captain Toad?

So I tried this yesterday with SM3DW and it ran perfectly (outside of the first cutscene)! Didn't know Wii U emulation was that advanced already.

So how well does Color Splash run on this? I wanted to play it for a while but don't feel like returning to my Wii U lol. Would be amazing if it ran as smoothly as SM3DW.

Flandy

Currently using wudump to dump my disc games.
2 questions

1. It gave me the option to dump to a USB device which would be my external hard drive. Can I dump to there even if I have eShop games installed there?

2. How do I dump my eShop titles? Wudump seems to be limited to disc only.

MUnited83

For you.
So I tried this yesterday with SM3DW and it ran perfectly (outside of the first cutscene)! Didn't know Wii U emulation was that advanced already.

So how well does Color Splash run on this? I wanted to play it for a while but don't feel like returning to my Wii U lol. Would be amazing if it ran as smoothly as SM3DW.
In terms of performance it runs Color Splash pretty much perfectly. It has a few graphical issues though, mainly with the sprites.

I'm currently working on dumping my Wii U game collection on Wii U Dump.

Wi U Dump spits out a bunch of files, as well as keys, etc. Is there a good guide on how to get them in a format playable on Cemu?

Also, is it possible to trim the roms? I'm pretty sure Splatoon isn't supposed to be over 20 GB.

I'm not actually planning on using Cemu in the near future, I just want to have these games backed up.

Vuze

Wi U Dump spits out a bunch of files, as well as keys, etc. Is there a good guide on how to get them in a format playable on Cemu?

Also, is it possible to trim the roms? I'm pretty sure Splatoon isn't supposed to be over 20 GB.

I'm not actually planning on using Cemu in the near future, I just want to have these games backed up.
Does it dump as wud? You can use WudCompress for trimming these, Cemu is able to read the resulting wux "format". My Splatoon is about 3GB.

jediyoshi

Wudump? Merge instructions here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of which, didn't BOTW on Wii U leak or something? I'm surprised that there aren't any videos out there showing off how it works on CEMU.
I think there isn't a actual working copy yet, it basically needs a unlock key to be playable or something like that. The only thing that came can be done right now is data mining apparently.Im hoping it does leak soon, I don't want to wait too much for the public version of CEMU to be compatible. I wanna wait for the 4k gloriousness but the hype might get the best out of me and I will play on the U.

Vuze

Speaking of which, didn't BOTW on Wii U leak or something? I'm surprised that there aren't any videos out there showing off how it works on CEMU.
Nintendo put the (encrypted) files of the EUR version on their CDN for some time and then took them down for whatever reason but the literal key to decrypt and play it is still missing.
I think the leaked assets are from somebody who has an early copy but probably doesn't want to share the whole thing due to legal concerns, understandably.

Bulzeeb

So, how good or bad are the games running in this emulator, I saw the compatibility list and I am kinda worried of the graphical/sound glitches on the payable games, also will I be able to run them with an asus ROG with a core i7 and a 780m?

I want to play/finish my wii U game collection before buying a switch and I might be interested on ripping them and finishing them on pc instead of the console (take into account that I take 720p with 60 fps over 1080 with 30 or un stable frame rates)

Is dumping Wii U games with a hacked Wii U console considered a circumvention of DRM? Since it's spitting out a key and whatnot. Isn't that illegal? I know on GAF it's generally accepted to talk about self-made backups but I was wondering if legal wise it's still illegal.

Seik

Banned
1.7.2c out for Patreon
Fixes some random crashing
Fixes 'certain graphic issues', I see less flickering in Bayo2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErRhy-zrzs

So near, so, so very near perfection!!! :O

Is dumping Wii U games with a hacked Wii U console considered a circumvention of DRM? Since it's spitting out a key and whatnot. Isn't that illegal? I know on GAF it's generally accepted to talk about self-made backups but I was wondering if legal wise it's still illegal.

I mean, wouldn't that be the case of any console? Games are made to run on the console those are made for, nothing else, basically.

So near, so, so very near perfection!!! :O

I mean, wouldn't that be the case of any console? Games are made to run on the console those are made for, nothing else, basically.

If there's DRM on the physical media I would assume it's illegal to circumvent it yes. For example you cannot backup a bluray movie legally because there's no way to do so without circumventing the DRM on the bluray movie, Not sure how it applies to videogames but I assume that encrypting the game is a form of DRM?

LilJoka

Please do not pollute this thread with this debate. It never ends, this thread is solely about discussing the emulator and performance.

Please do not pollute this thread with this debate. It never ends, this thread is solely about discussing the emulator and performance.

"Pollute this thread"? The subject of dumping Wii U games is on this very page before I posted, and in fact is the very reason why this question popped in my head, since it's making me consider dumping my own games. And I'm not intending to debate, I'm asking for a yes/no answer.

Seik

Banned
"Pollute this thread"? The subject of dumping Wii U games is on this very page before I posted, and in fact is the very reason why this question popped in my head, since it's making me consider dumping my own games. And I'm not intending to debate, I'm asking for a yes/no answer.

Call your local lawyer. :p

Seriously though, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but he's right that we're trying to focus the discussion on the emulator itself and not the legality of the whole thing. Most use 'pollute' because emulator enthusiasts threads always get 'polluted' by people questioning the legality of everything we do and automatically relate emulators to pirating.

I never really question myself the legality of what I do with my own discs/consoles, as long as the files stay with me and are used only for my personal enjoyment, it's as legit as it gets.

EDIT: Also:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

Most use 'pollute' because emulator enthusiasts threads always get 'polluted' by people questioning the legality of everything we do and automatically relate emulators to pirating.

EDIT: Also:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

But I'm not "questioning the legality of everything you do" nor do I "automatically relate emulators to pirating"? I was wondering if the DRM laws was applicable as I was interested in backing up my Wii U games to try CEMU and people are talking about keys spitting out from dumping. And I already said I know that on GAF talking about personnal backups is fine, not sure why you're linking that. Anyway I'll drop it, seems everyone is taking it the wrong way and I'm accusing them of piracy or something.

dsk1210

I am holding off until Bayonetta 2 is perfect before jumping back in, only played about half way through on my Wii U.

It just me or does Bayonetta seem to be dropping less frames on Cemu than it does on the Wii U? it one of the things that annoyed me on the Wii U and it will be a huge Bonus if it runs even smoother.

Top Bottom