• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

petran79

Banned
"Pollute this thread"? The subject of dumping Wii U games is on this very page before I posted, and in fact is the very reason why this question popped in my head, since it's making me consider dumping my own games. And I'm not intending to debate, I'm asking for a yes/no answer.

Nintendo won recently a long running case in the EU court against the use of modchips. This does not make modchips illegal in case users want to back up their own software.

Seik

Banned
Wow...Fast Racing Neo works now!!

It crashed on boot earlier! Now there's huge sound glitches and the framerate is all over the place, but it boots and you can play a race, big progress!

Mifec

Is there a fix for ZL and ZR not working when pressed at the same time on a 360 pad? Can't bring up my shield in WW. Guess I can just remap them?

Seik

Banned
TTT² is still glitched with the 1.7.2c bug fixes ?

I may try it this week-end, will let you know if I have the chance to try it.

My PC's HDD is starting to be stuffed...ripping my Wii U collection has its cost...folder weights like 100+GB. :lol

I planned on ripping my DKTF copy tonight since I read they fixed some issues, wanna try it in 4K, of course!

jediyoshi

Thank you! What do I do with the common and game keys? When are they needed?

Make a text file in the root of your cemu folder named keys.txt

Place each key on a new line, including the common key, ordering doesn't matter. Assuming you have .key files rather than the raw key already, you can use a hex editor like HxD to open them (drag them into the program) and it'll show a 32 character key (you'll need to strip the spaces).

I'd suggest looking into how to extract WUD files into the raw game files. This is necessary to be able to update the game and can improve loading performance. The process will still need having the key (though you won't need the keys.txt file anymore).

TTT² is still glitched with the 1.7.2c bug fixes ?

For Nvidia cards, yes.

Is there a fix for ZL and ZR not working when pressed at the same time on a 360 pad? Can't bring up my shield in WW. Guess I can just remap them?

Yes, though you'll only need to remap one of them. I'd sacrifice one of the thumb click buttons.

Bind ZL and ZR to the bumpers instead of the triggers.

This is painfully awkward for Mario Kart 8 but also the only way you can hold a shell and hop at the same time unless you work around it by installing Xpadder.

It has to do with the very old problem of the way Windows maps joystick controls. ZL and ZR (or just regular L and R on 360/Bone and Dualshock controllers) are default bound to axis Z+ and Z-. So when you push ZL and ZR at once on applications which do not properly account for this, it's the equivalent of moving the joystick to the center. Which is, of course, nothing.

Mifec

Yes, though you'll only need to remap one of them. I'd sacrifice one of the thumb click buttons.
Bind ZL and ZR to the bumpers instead of the triggers.

This is painfully awkward for Mario Kart 8 but also the only way you can hold a shell and hop at the same time unless you work around it by installing Xpadder.

It has to do with the very old problem of the way Windows maps joystick controls. ZL and ZR (or just regular L and R on 360/Bone and Dualshock controllers) are default bound to axis Z+ and Z-. So when you push ZL and ZR at once on applications which do not properly account for this, it's the equivalent of moving the joystick to the center. Which is, of course, nothing.
Yeah I just remapped them to the bumpers right after I posted that. Thank you both ily very much <3

If they can get zelda working at launch....damn!

These people are gonna make a killing for sure.

I legit except them to get 3k boost if BOTW is even semi playable.

Deku Tree

Is CEMU going to provide the definitive version of BotW?

How will CEMU run on my latest version of the 5K iMac with all max specs?

sirap

Game's not even out yet lol. No one knows how long it'll take for them to get the game up and running, but rest assured it's going to be their number one priority.

Deku Tree

Game's not even out yet lol. No one knows how long it'll take for them to get the game up and running, but rest assured it's going to be their number one priority.

For sure, thanks!

You should provide your specs .

I posted these on page 3 but no one answered me back then:

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

How will this iMac run Cemu?

]27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM

So Can you say how will this iMac run Cemu?

cevion

Hey there,

Great emulator and what progress!

I dumped Xenoblade Chronicles X and I finally got it running pretty smoothly on 1.7.1/1.7.2

I was having choppy performance and low FPS, but after I moved the files from HD to SSD and played for a while to build the shader cache I now have pretty smooth 30fps. Running 1080p HD pack.

I got one issue though - my computer/GPU cuts off all signals to the monitor randomly, so my display says "no dvi input", but if i press alt + enter (fullscreen) twice I go back to a working game without hiccups. This happens pretty frequently, every 30 minutes or so or more often.

I checked my GPU load in GPU z and the temp is around 59-60 celcius and usage 30%.

Earlier had this problem with a 970 where GPU cut off signal with Witcher 3, but then I could identify the problem by looking at the log (temp was high and gpu load 98% when the no signal / black screen happened. ) That card was faulty (they also changed my motherboard I think) and I got a new 1060 now. Also, back then I could fix it by minimizing the game and then maximizing.

But now I have the 970/no input problem again, but without the logs to understand whats going.
I'm worried about stressing my GPU. Anybody know why this is happening and if it's bad for my hardware? Since the GPU load is at around 30 maybe I can run the 4k pack? Or will that exacerbate the situation?

Still have warranty for a couple years so I might just bring the rig to the shop.

My specs are:
Intel Skylake 6600k, MSI z170A, 8 GB 2133 mhz DDR4 ram, GTX 1060

Cheers guys, take care!

edit:
Twilight Princess said:
Emulator performance is mostly determined by single core speed, is that right?
From my understanding, yes. I have my 6600k OC:d to 4.1ghz on single core use, 4,0 on double, 3,9 on triple etc. Also I read disabling hyperthreading may cool the CPU and boost the FPS.

Pokemaniac

Emulator performance is mostly determined by single core speed, is that right?

While I don't know a whole lot about this emulator in particular, emulators tend to have a hard upper bound on how parallel the can get. Usually they can't get significantly more parallel than the original hardware.

iFirez

I do wonder how BoTW will run on Cemu.

I remember SS leaking a week or so before release and it ran perfectly on Dolphin. I've actually never played through SS on standard Wii hardware, having owned my special edition of the game since launch. I always play it on Dolphin for the resolution and anti-aliasing.

jediyoshi

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM

So Can you say how will this iMac run Cemu?

There's no mac client, and I haven't seen any results as far as anyone dualbooting. It'll run assuming you don't run into any other issues.

ACE 1991

I remember SS leaking a week or so before release and it ran perfectly on Dolphin. I've actually never played through SS on standard Wii hardware, having owned my special edition of the game since launch. I always play it on Dolphin for the resolution and anti-aliasing.

God, it would be seriously amazing if BotW is highly playable. I'm not holding m breath though, Dolphin was significantly further along than CEMU at the time of Skyward Sword's release.

I'm no expert or anything but from what I understand of CEMU is that it's kind like project 64, a focus on game specific tweaks and speed hacks (would make sense with the small library of Wii U games and the speed of development) unlike dolphin since I think version 4 where they moved away from that path and instead focused on properly emulating the actual console. In that situation I would imagine it's incredibly improbable to have BotW running well at launch day with few glitches unlike SS.

pirates in 4chan already have the game ,tried it and it crashes or gives them a black screen

Vuze

From /zlg/ (so take with a grain of salt, might just be a photoshop)
14882270108115bkj6.png

Apparently it only needed a dumped save file to launch which an anon provided. Still crashes though, apparently.

Kindekuma

Banned
From /zlg/ (so take with a grain of salt, might just be a photoshop)

Apparently it only needed a dumped save file to launch which an anon provided. Still crashes though, apparently.

I thought 1.0.0 was just the demonstration build of the game, not final? I thought it was like 1.2 or something at release.

Vuze

I thought 1.0.0 was just the demonstration build of the game, not final? I thought it was like 1.2 or something at release.
Well, there is a day one patch but it was seperate from the main game files Nintendo made available for download for a few hours for whatever reason.
I guess the main game without update could very well be 1.0.0?

Coffinhal

I can't wait to see how this game looks at 4K in motion haha.

If one day CEMU can render 21:9 aspect ratio or if I have a 4K 16:9 screen I'll try and see how it looks, but for the first run it'll be handled Switch masterrace.

I saw this screen and a mention that it freezes at the main menu. It's encouraging that the game boots. I'm guessing the Cemu team is going to go into overdrive to get this game running well.

6LfHaLA.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
4K Breath of the Wild within six months of release not an impossible reality.

What a time to be alive.

heringer

Eh, I dunno, I feel the constant stuttering that comes with CEMU emulation will make it very hard to play Zelda. Any chance this will be completely eliminated in the future or will we always have to download complete shader caches?

Manoko

Eh, I dunno, I feel the constant stuttering that comes with CEMU emulation will make it very hard to play Zelda. Any chance this will be completely eliminated in the future or will we always have to download complete shader caches?

Well we can indeed just download the complete BotW shader cache if I understand correctly.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

You will need to install windows through bootcamp. How well this emulator runs generally depends mostly on the CPU speed, and you will be good there. I can say that with one game I tried (Super Mario 3D World) it ran like what I can only describe as exceptionally well with Cemu 1.7.2, on a new MacBook Pro which has PS4-like GPU spec. Nearly rock solid 60FPS running at full screen resolution of 2880x1800.

Top Bottom