• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

jediyoshi

mOU8ylK.jpg

Almost modded the HUD out, faint heart still leftover

edit: looks like it won't be practical to play with, shares the heart icon in the menus so it disappears on items too

Burny

Is there any info on why the grass doesn't render in the emulator and whether anything can be done about? The ubiquity of actual ground foliage makes half the environments' appeal in BotW.

Maximo

Is there any info on why the grass doesn't render in the emulator and whether anything can be done about? The ubiquity of actual ground foliage makes half the environments' appeal in BotW.

What can be done about it is giving the game a few more weeks/months to be emulated properly.

They're uh working on it. It's a new emulator with less than 2 years of public release.

Tareskog

You want a portable to downsample from 4K? Sir what year are you from. That said, the Cemu shots are outstanding.

Nah. Just a case of bad wording from my part. I'm just a wee bit disappointed of the graphics of BOTW. I just wished that the game didn't look as "fuzzy" as it does, on such a new console.

For a 1050ti can I do 4k or is 1080p my limit?

gpu makes very little difference with this emu, you need a decent cpu to run games well. I have a 3.2 in on pc, it runs most games ok to good. I have a 3.5 in another, it runs most games quite well.

That said botw runs shit for everyone right now

dogen

gpu makes very little difference with this emu, you need a decent cpu to run games well. I have a 3.2 in on pc, it runs most games ok to good. I have a 3.5 in another, it runs most games quite well.

That said botw runs shit for everyone right now

It makes 100% percent of the difference between being able to play at 1080 and 4k

b0bbyJ03

How do I set ZBoW to render at 4K? With the other games I use the graphics pack setting for that resolution but there isn't one available for Zelda.

tried BOTW on Cemu 1.7.3d and it was playing at 9fps most of the time. also took forever to load and had bad glitches. Link was sunk halfway into the ground. but overall as still images it was looking amazing! simply incredible what they can do these days =)

CHC

Is there anything wrong with Wind Waker beyond the blinking battery icon and the pictograph box not working? Or is it all good to play fully?

Is there anything wrong with Wind Waker beyond the blinking battery icon and the pictograph box not working? Or is it all good to play fully?
I only played up to the Tower of Gods, and I haven't tried it on any of the 1.7.3 builds, but back on 1.7.2 there were some areas that had performance problems, like the Jabu Jabu section. For the most part though it seemed perfectly playable.

It's now possible to edit your copy of BOTW and undub it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/5z7x4n/botw_japanese_voice_patch_for_cemu_update/

You need to rip it to the files and directories to do this. All you're doing is copying the JP voice files over the EN ones.

To remove the blinking battery icon, switch it to Gamepad.

CHC

To remove the blinking battery icon, switch it to Gamepad.

Yeah I just play with a Dualshock 4 so it's really annoying to use the keyboard if I need the menu, the blinking thing isn't that annoying. I'm sure there will be a fix for it soon, even if it means someone just finding that particular texture and making it transparent or something.

Probably just going to give Cemu a few more months until I actually play any full games on it.

jediyoshi

That's weird, I still have a black screen on start on my end.

Is it supposed to work with 1.7.3d?

Yeah, the key is to launch it and leave your computer because it's 5+ minutes before the loading screen indicator even pops up. Once you hit the title screen is when it acts more normally, though seemingly randomly during cutscenes/gameplay performance spikes can pop up.

Is CEMU good way to play Wind Waker, or should I stick with GameCube version?

Unless your computer can't currently handle it, there's nothing really left aside from picotgraphs not working. The last of the performance issues were sorted in cemu 1.7.2. Here's a list of differences between game versions for reference

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689649

Personally, between the swift sail and everything else that makes the game move way faster, I can't go back to the gamecube version. Maybe less of an issue if you've only ever played the gamecube version.

It may or may not also be why nothing is actually suspended in water right now.

Whatever the issue is, it seems much more fixable than it would have been if it turned out entire portions of the game were simply not being emulated. Now we know emulation is occurring, it's just not correct. That's a vastly better scenario.

Djostikk

Unless your computer can't currently handle it, there's nothing really left aside from picotgraphs not working. The last of the performance issues were sorted in cemu 1.7.2. Here's a list of differences between game versions for reference

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689649

Yeah, I'm not sure my old PC will handle Wind Waker on CEMU, I'm not even dreaming about Breath of the Wild, but still gonna try it this summer when devs optimize it.

Arrrammis

Interesting find: the grass in BOTW actually renders but is affected by the physics issue and thus sinks through the ground. https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comme..._of_the_wild_on_cemu/?st=J095NAND&sh=d3e8099f

So fixing the Link sink problem should also fix grass!

That is really cool actually! Makes me wonder how many of the other physics issues are being caused by a similar issue, just moving through other objects or running into objects that are detached from their visual model.

Skyzard

Banned
When they get this right...I'll be tempted to get an Nvidia Shield tablet with some bluetooth controllers that let you put the tablet inbetween them.

I hope Nvidia get to work on polishing the tablet in the next 2 years for optimal user experience, and make their own controllers.

jett

D-Member
Interesting find: the grass in BOTW actually renders but is affected by the physics issue and thus sinks through the ground. https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comme..._of_the_wild_on_cemu/?st=J095NAND&sh=d3e8099f

So fixing the Link sink problem should also fix grass!
That's kinda funny. It'd sure be interesting to read about the technical development of the game. Speaking of grass, hopefully the LOD will be able to be increased.
LhJfgHa.png

The Patreon has now passed $20000. Wow.

That's just crazy.

LordOfChaos

Wow. That's two guys, so 10K a month, 120K a year (before taxes) for a crowdfunded emulator. They're making out well, and look to be delivering.

Pokemaniac

I think we might see something like drastic for ds emulation as it is essentially mobile hardware found on usual smartphones.

That's a pretty poor choice of words. Tegra based phones are, to my knowledge, not really something that's made anymore. The Switch is actually probably the most popular non-car device to use Tegra in quite some time.

Wow. That's two guys, so 10K a month, 120K a year (before taxes) for a crowdfunded emulator. They're making out well, and look to be delivering.

Wether or not it'll last for a year at that funding level remains to be seen, but yeah it's neat how Patreon has enabled crodwfunding the arts just like the Patrons of old did when they had money and wanted cool stuff.

c0de

That's a pretty poor choice of words. Tegra based phones are, to my knowledge, not really something that's made anymore. The Switch is actually probably the most popular non-car device to use Tegra in quite some time.

But it's using an arm isa and if I'm not mistaken no custom instructions.

Pokemaniac

But it's using an arm isa and if I'm not mistaken no custom instructions.

We currently have no idea what was customized about the chip in the Switch.

Also the graphics and OS are going to be more interesting for a console like the Switch anyway. You don't just emulate the CPU, you have to emulate everything.

Top Bottom