• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

daninthemix

Cemu works great for me, only problem is the image is upside-down when casted on Steam Link. Luckily it does have that invert image option.

The N64 emulator core in Retroarch doesn't even show at all when casted on Steam Link, I guess because it can't 'lock on' to Glide64 or whatever.

MUnited83

For you.
So now we have the confirmation that the game is basically riddled with 1 bug?
What other problems have been detected so far, other than the collision problem?
There are the softlocks, which have already been fixed for the most part by users, and certain powers don't work but i suspect that's a side effect of the collision issue. I also believe pre-rendered cutscene don't work.

jediyoshi

V2pUYrY.jpg

4inQBGS.jpg

mNWezQd.jpg

Seik

Banned
Whoa, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 works now?!

Welp, another rip in the list.

How's Bayonetta 2 going? Last time the music was better, framerate too but it was still having trouble.

Whoa, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 works now?!

Welp, another rip in the list.

How's Bayonetta 2 going? Last time the music was better, framerate too but it was still having trouble.

it runs pretty good for me, 60 fps but not locked. the audio is really glitchy however, there is loud scratchy feedback pretty often

scitek

The intro to the first Bayonetta seemed to run pretty well for me. Is it fully playable? And is there a way to get it to 4K yet?

How can I take full resolution (in this case, 4K) screenshots in Cemu? Everything I've tried so far has just given me a 1440p image, which is my desktop resolution.

scitek

How can I get Bayonetta to 4K? I've seen graphics packs for it in a few YouTube videos, but I assume the video creators made them themselves. Is there a tutorial on how to do that somewhere?

LilJoka

Tested BOTW on 1.7.3d
4K graphic pack
Cheat engine with 2x frame skip
Plays really well, more than playable in fact.

i7 7700k 4.8ghz, 16gb 3000mhz ddr4.

jediyoshi

How can I get Bayonetta to 4K? I've seen graphics packs for it in a few YouTube videos, but I assume the video creators made them themselves. Is there a tutorial on how to do that somewhere?

When you launch a game in Cemu, it writes to log.txt in your cemu folder its titleid, ie 00050000101c9400

In your graphicPacks folder, copy a folder that has _2160p on the end and name it something (can be anything).

Inside there's a rules.txt, in it, change the titleid to the one you found, and the name to something (can be anything).

As a baseline, the rest of it is generally this if you're changing the resolution.

[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

4K in Breath of the wild won't work for me. I have the id. It's written "The currently running" in red letters when checking if active. Somebody know?

Also my game stopped at 11.6 GB, but it's working so I guess that's fine?

Edit: Fixed

scitek

https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

Graphics packs that exist currently are here.

When you launch a game in Cemu, it writes to log.txt in your cemu folder its titleid, ie 00050000101c9400

In your graphicPacks folder, copy a folder that has _2160p on the end and name it something (can be anything).

Inside there's a rules.txt, in it, change the titleid to the one you found, and the name to something (can be anything).

As a baseline, the rest of it is generally this if you're changing the resolution.

[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

Thank you both for the help!

I just tried to browse the Wii shop channel via my Wii U Wii menu and the store is so jacked up showing me pages in multiple different languages and only showing a handful of games under every category no matter what I pick. I wonder if the dolphin emulator being able to access the shop recently is screwing things up? I hope this doesn't mean Nintendo will pull the plug on the old shop.

I just tried to browse the Wii shop channel via my Wii U Wii menu and the store is so jacked up showing me pages in multiple different languages and only showing a handful of games under every category no matter what I pick. I wonder if the dolphin emulator being able to access the shop recently is screwing things up? I hope this doesn't mean Nintendo will pull the plug on the old shop.

Well if so then the Wii Shop architecture is also terrible on the inside. Do you have some screenshots? Off-screen would be fine.

Do you have multiple users registered on your Wii U? Also, what is country setting on your account? I think Wii Shop simply doesn't allow downloads from a few dozen more countries than eShops do today.

MUnited83

For you.
Seems there's a way of increasing performance in BOTW for some. If your FPS is around consistent 15 fps, it means it's likely that it's v-sync that is limiting you.

You can actually break the v-sync by constantly spamming a speedhack and returning it to normal speed several times.

n0razi

BOTW looks pretty damn good to me... i7 6700K and GTX 1070... I can see myself not getting a Switch this generation.

Top Bottom